CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Remote control window roll UP (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529201)

fastball 05-18-2018 07:00 AM

Remote control window roll UP

I posted this in the electronics section without much response, so I thought I'd post it here where more people would see it:

Do you think any of these modules would work to make the power window control roll UP? I am quite sure there is a way to go into the body control software and make the car do so without buying and installing a module but no one has cracked the code yet. So I'm considering buying one of these.

Your thoughts?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...Up-Module.html

Childs Play 05-18-2018 07:04 AM

Link is broken for me. Takes me to their "Something went wrong" page.

But I agree. Would be a nice feature.

fastball 05-18-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Childs Play (Post 10189378)
Link is broken for me. Takes me to their "Something went wrong" page.

But I agree. Would be a nice feature.

Ok I think it's fixed.

Supposedly you can go into the software of the car itself and activate it, but the guy who said he did it never replied with how to do it.

srcstc 05-18-2018 02:30 PM

Is there software out there to connect a laptop to the car and do stuff like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mstgeer 05-19-2018 05:52 AM

I don't know for sure about the camaro but it does sound feasible. I have coded the same and more features on my 07 BMW, so the technology does exist. In the BMW world there are a number of different laptop software programs and cables which can be used as well as an android app which I have not used by the name iCarly.

Agent K 05-19-2018 06:02 AM

Open / Close all windows and sunroof via the key fob is what I had my tuner do when I had my Audi...he had all the CAN codes. It was a very cool WOW factor at the time.

Biscuit.fr 05-19-2018 07:37 AM

I never checked,
When windows down, if you lock the car, do they automatically come up?

fastball 05-19-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent K (Post 10190440)
Open / Close all windows and sunroof via the key fob is what I had my tuner do when I had my Audi...he had all the CAN codes. It was a very cool WOW factor at the time.

Aren’t CAN codes standard across all manufacturers? Just wondering if anyone here has those codes and can unlock all the functions.

Soleil 05-20-2018 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can close or open the windows with the key fob. Just press and hold.

misterjaayy 05-20-2018 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soleil (Post 10191242)

Where do you see it stating you can roll up your windows with the remote?

Im not sure I have ever seen windows roll up with a fob. I would think manufacturers would see auto roll up as a liability.

Soleil 05-20-2018 02:25 AM

Sorry but I press my key fob and the windows are rolling up. Maybe only a EU feature?:iono:

fastball 05-20-2018 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soleil (Post 10191242)

I already know that it only OPENS the windows. I have the feature turned on in my car.

I want to CLOSE the windows with the remote.

fastball 05-20-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soleil (Post 10191260)
Sorry but I press my key fob and the windows are rolling up. Maybe only a EU feature?:iono:

This proves it is possible on all Camaros with the CAN software codes. They just disabled the window roll up provision on North American models.

Do you know anyone savy with CAN/BUS codes who can pull them for how your window operation is programmed?

Soleil 05-20-2018 03:25 AM

Sorry my friend :iono: as this is standard over here no one is looking for the codes. But it shouldn’t be so difficult to find out as it is there. I will ask a few people but I have not much hope.