CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   1LE Gloss vs. Satin Rocker Issue Resolutions? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547754)

rlarsen462 02-08-2019 10:43 AM

1LE Gloss vs. Satin Rocker Issue Resolutions?

Hi all, new to the forums but a 1LE I am probably buying Monday is coming into the dealer but apparently has the issue noted in this post:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=15

My question is, has anyone else taken delivery of a ZL1 1LE with this problem (I'm assuming yes), and how did you resolve it? Did it look okay with the gloss and you just kept it that way, or did you have them repaint, and were you satisfied with that solution?

Any pictures of the issue would be good too (I can't find any that clearly indicate gloss rockers) if available.

Appreciate any help! I will follow up with some pics of my own in this thread after I look over the car next week.

Thanks.

Shanekennett 02-08-2019 03:34 PM

Mine was, but have not done anything about it. It has a metallic sparkle to it. Subscribed.

Sooner Cole 02-08-2019 04:15 PM

The regular ZL1's come with the rockers painted in Mosaic Black (metallic). The ZL1-1LE is supposed to be Satin Black rockers and mirrors to match the wrapped hood. Some of the 2019 ZL1-1LE's were mistakenly painted the wrong color. GM will pay to have it repainted if you choose, but I'm not sure I would want my new car in the paint booth..

Revalot 02-08-2019 04:25 PM

With this being a mistake would the few cars that got this be worth more way down the road as a collector?

Can'tHave2MuchHP 02-08-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Cole (Post 10432272)
The regular ZL1's come with the rockers painted in Mosaic Black (metallic). The ZL1-1LE is supposed to be Satin Black rockers and mirrors to match the wrapped hood. Some of the 2019 ZL1-1LE's were mistakenly painted the wrong color. GM will pay to have it repainted if you choose, but I'm not sure I would want my new car in the paint booth..

Your car should never be in nor near a paint booth. If nothing else, take them off yourself (not that hard) and take them to the bodyshop and have them painted.

BerlinZl1 02-08-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Cole (Post 10432272)

Should be the diffusor also painted satin black in the 1LE version?

Beadmkrzl11le 02-08-2019 09:46 PM

Mine showed up with the gloss. I made dealer paint them correctly. Sent to good body shop, and came out awesome.

Scottyz 02-08-2019 09:56 PM

Well since I have a 1LE on the way I’m hoping someone can post a pic of the specific spots.

rlarsen462 02-08-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanekennett (Post 10432249)
Mine was, but have not done anything about it. It has a metallic sparkle to it. Subscribed.

For some reason your pics didn't come through for me.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to look at the car tomorrow...I think it's otherwise the right car but I'm pretty disappointed that it has this issue.

Those of you that had the repaint done, were you able to dictate the terms of it? Like that the rockers had to be completely removed from the car, which body shop had to paint it, etc?

This dealership is physically connected to a local body shop but reviews are mixed...

rlarsen462 02-08-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyz (Post 10432536)
Well since I have a 1LE on the way I’m hoping someone can post a pic of the specific spots.

If it's a recent build/on the way from Detroit I think you're fine. The car I'm looking at arrived at the original dealership in October last year.

Scottyz 02-08-2019 10:09 PM

Usually a vin breakdown. And with the amount of 1LE cars they build you would think there wouldn’t have been too many built with this paint mistake.

rlarsen462 02-08-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyz (Post 10432545)
Usually a vin breakdown. And with the amount of 1LE cars they build you would think there wouldn’t have been too many built with this paint mistake.

I'm guessing it won't be more than a hundred... And unfortunately the one I'm looking at is one of them.

Scottyz 02-08-2019 10:15 PM

Hopefully it looks better than you thought and you decide to keep it the way it is. Would make it a rare one that’s for sure.

1hprush 02-09-2019 06:10 AM

Thanks for the link...I was wondering just this week what the paint code for the rockers and diffuser were. Anyone know if it the ZLE satin black wheel paint is the same code? It sure looks the same.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=15