CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   ROTOFAB CAI (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492304)

gilgamesh 04-29-2017 04:37 PM

Nope. I tried twice. They canceled the order both times and refuse to do an alternate, out of state, address as well. I just had a friend order it and send it to me.

edc901 04-29-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 9700199)
Nope. I tried twice. They canceled the order both times and refuse to do an alternate, out of state, address as well. I just had a friend order it and send it to me.

I feel bad for you guys in CA, limited on lots of cool stuff. But having an out of state middleman definitely is a good idea.
:frusty:

NW Sam 04-29-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zl1steve (Post 9687592)
Installed mine last night. Huge difference and sounds good. Before cai in second gear at 35mph with traction control off stab throttle and car would spin a little, chatter the tires then hook. Now after cai installed same test it blows the tires off in second at 35mph!! test was 45 minutes apart.

How do you keep getting my parts first? :biggrin:

gilgamesh 04-30-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edc901 (Post 9700325)
I feel bad for you guys in CA, limited on lots of cool stuff. But having an out of state middleman definitely is a good idea.
:frusty:

Yeah. It's just an absurd pain in the ass that it is even necessary. Who really cares? This is exactly why I keep all my vehicles registered in different states.

JimW 04-30-2017 09:23 PM

Noticed exhaust tips are staying cleaner ... car is more angry lol...

Evolvedx27 04-30-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimW (Post 9701910)
Noticed exhaust tips are staying cleaner ... car is more angry lol...

Leans the car out a little bit

Evolvedx27 04-30-2017 11:54 PM

How is everyone making out with the rotofab without a tune?

NW Sam 05-02-2017 11:33 PM

I just installed mine 485 miles.
Throttle is much more responsive.
I can hear the supercharger a little more, not annoying.
Great quality fit and finish, easy install.

BlaqWhole 05-03-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipockalypse (Post 9686920)
I just finished installing mine...the air being sucked in & the supercharger wine is super loud now! :). Still spinning easily in first & second...so I'd say so far so good but it is way cooler outside right now. Hopefully no heat soak while sitting at a red light but will see that tomorrow.

I would like to know about the heat soak on those as compared to the stock box. I plan to get a cai but definitely not an open element. I'll just wait for someone to design an enclosed system. I tried open style before on NA vehicles and the heat soak was way too much for my liking. I know this thing has heat exchangers galore so maybe it won't even be an issue. But I'm skeptical...

Evolvedx27 05-03-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 9706154)
I would like to know about the heat soak on those as compared to the stock box. I plan to get a cai but definitely not an open element. I'll just wait for someone to design an enclosed system. I tried open style before on NA vehicles and the heat soak was way too much for my liking. I know this thing has heat exchangers galore so maybe it won't even be an issue. But I'm skeptical...

pretty sure their wont be any heat soak issues with the rotofab. when the hood is closed it seals the box off. correct me if im wrong.

hawk02 05-03-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 (Post 9706720)
pretty sure their wont be any heat soak issues with the rotofab. when the hood is closed it seals the box off. correct me if im wrong.

You are correct. While the inside of the box would stay cool, the intake tube on the Roto-Fab I had on my 5th gen ZL1 would get so damn hot you could barely touch it.

Say what you will about the stock intake, but I think it does a pretty good job of providing cool air to the engine. The top of the box is cool to the touch after a good drive, and I can touch the intake tube without the fear of getting burned.

BlaqWhole 05-03-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Well that is also what I wonder...about it sealing off the box with the hood closed. I've seen lots of intakes that do this, some more than others. But I still have seen that the open element systems, no matter how well they seal off, they still have more heat soak than the boxed style filters.

Ipockalypse 05-03-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

I'd say partially wrong...yes the hood seals to the top of the system; however, there are other areas of the system which aren't completely sealed! There's a spot on the bottom & side that are completely open to potential heat & although I haven't noticed a heat soak issue yet doesn't mean it couldn't occur. I'm not saying anything negative about this system as I way prefer it over stock & do believe it's a quality product! I just don't have a way to measure AIT's to confirm either way...

hashtag 05-04-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicktechla (Post 9700007)
ha i was wondering. will they not even ship to CA? I thought maybe it was just a warning on their site

On the previous generations ZL1 you had to answer a questioner pertaining to off road use only before your order shipped. There is no California law that I am aware of that banns shipments to California. I think Roto-Fab is being cautious about customers going after them when the Smog person will not allow them to pass do to the system is not "CARB?"