CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6 Gen Camaro a Rarity? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531596)

Diesel_Mac24 06-15-2018 02:28 PM

6 Gen Camaro a Rarity?

I don't see a lot of 6th gen Camaro's on the road...and i kinda like. Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to see Chevy sell enough of these cars to justify the cars' existence, but it's kinda cool driving something that not a lot of other people don't have.

I'm sure its different in other parts of the country, but where I live, I see Challengers and Mustangs EVERYWHERE. You can't drive 5 miles w/o seeing one. On the other hand, I hardly ever see 6th gens out there. It makes it all the more special when I see another one in the wild no matter the trim. Our cars just have this mysterious yet bold presence. They just stand out.

No other point to the thread other than to point that out. :sm0: I have had mine for almost 2 months and I am in love with it. Just thought I'd share my observation.

speedup 06-15-2018 02:35 PM

Thats one of the reasons I wanted a Camaro. There are so many Mustangs in my area

brap999 06-15-2018 03:18 PM

I see a lot of 5th gens, not many 6th gens. Very few zl1’s. I’ve only ever seen 1 other 1le (ss).

At the car meet Tuesday there was 3 newer gt350’s, countless 5.0’s, and endless challengers and chargers, and 5th gen camaros. I was the only 6th gen, however there was Close to 100 cars so maybe I missed one. I have yet to see another zl1-1le or even a 5th gen z/28 anywhere.

But yeah the 6th gen camaros are not as prevelant. Idk if that’s a good thing or bad thing.

Diesel_Mac24 06-15-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brap999 (Post 10219320)
I see a lot of 5th gens, not many 6th gens. Very few zl1’s. I’ve only ever seen 1 other 1le (ss).

At the car meet Tuesday there was 3 newer gt350’s, countless 5.0’s, and endless challengers and chargers, and 5th gen camaros. I was the only 6th gen, however there was Close to 100 cars so maybe I missed one. I have yet to see another zl1-1le or even a 5th gen z/28 anywhere.

But yeah the 6th gen camaros are not as prevelant. Idk if that’s a good thing or bad thing.

I just feel like a lot of people don't really know what the deal is with them. The 5th gen had a lot of hype surrounding it in part to the Transformers movie. The 6th gen didn't really get that hype.

I have the same experience at car meets. Not a lot of other if any 6th gens and people are typically really impressed by the car. I think most people just genuinely don't know a lot about these cars and are presently surprised when you fill them in and let them check the car out.

Martinjlm 06-15-2018 03:48 PM

Keep in mind that when you see a Challenger, it takes more than a glance to know if you are looking at a 2008 or a 2018. You would have to compare that to sightings of Gen 5 and Gen 6 Camaro combined to assess whether the populations are similar. And even then, there is still an “extra” two years of Challenger volume in the mix.

The closer comparison would be sightings of S550 Mustang (2015 - current) compared to Gen 6 Camaro, but again, there would be an extra year of Mustang production volume in the mix.

Grumpy1 06-15-2018 04:45 PM

There are a few 6 gens in my area but I've only seen one other ZL1 and no 1LE's which is kind of cool.
Seems wherever I go I'm the only ZL1, so it gets a lot of attention.

kropscamaro16 06-15-2018 04:48 PM

i got my 6th gen in march of 2016 and people used to look at it while i was driving like it was a spaceship and all of the 5th gen guys gave me dirty looks or tried to race me lol

it was super funny i still love my car but dont drive it much anymore but do alot more of on the road nowadays but mostly turbo and v6 and convertible ss rental cars

AZCamaroFan 06-15-2018 05:07 PM

i saw 4 on the road this morning, Lt, RS, SS' and ZL1 convertible

Lerch98 06-15-2018 05:12 PM

I see a lot more Challengers around and more Mustangs.
But there are gen 6 Camaros. There are two here at work, Mine and another, and there is one up the road from me, same color, SS, manual. So they are around.
Its just the cool people that have Camaros.

SSJ455 06-15-2018 05:41 PM

I see more 5th Gen than 6 Gen. I don't mind, I like having something that has some uniqueness.

Diesel_Mac24 06-15-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 10219350)
Keep in mind that when you see a Challenger, it takes more than a glance to know if you are looking at a 2008 or a 2018. You would have to compare that to sightings of Gen 5 and Gen 6 Camaro combined to assess whether the populations are similar. And even then, there is still an “extra” two years of Challenger volume in the mix.

The closer comparison would be sightings of S550 Mustang (2015 - current) compared to Gen 6 Camaro, but again, there would be an extra year of Mustang production volume in the mix.

That is a very good point.

thefirstcause 06-15-2018 07:22 PM

It was one of the bonus reasons I liked the idea of getting a Camaro. In my city the Camaro is the clear minority. Mustangs galore, lots of Challengers, some 5th gen Camaros. Even fewer 6th gens. There are way more BMWs and Audi's than muscle cars too. It makes the muscle cars that much cooler to me.

nicktechla 06-16-2018 02:14 AM

Theres quite a few in SoCal. When I first got my 6th gen Mustang, nobody had them yet. I'd always find people taking pictures of it when I was parked. Then a few months later they were everywhere :o

Tenfive 06-16-2018 04:09 AM

Come to florida its camaro heaven down here . Taxes are low , wages are good .