CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Put a deposit down on a 22 LT1 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609071)

fj5gtx 09-02-2022 07:31 PM

Put a deposit down on a 22 LT1

Did that today. It was already built and in a staging lot somewhere in MI, no dates on when I'll get it. Hopefully before snow flies here. The wait begins...

I don't want a mustang 09-04-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fj5gtx (Post 11223978)
Did that today. It was already built and in a staging lot somewhere in MI, no dates on when I'll get it. Hopefully before snow flies here. The wait begins...

Brother, do I have some bad news for you...

If it's in Lansing at the plant, it's most likely in an outflow lot and will be shipped when they get around to it. Shipping is apparently Last in, First Out so the good news is you'll definitely get it before they ship the 2025s.

Maybe, just maybe...these COVID cars will be worth somethin...hahaha, I can't even finish that sentence.

Work with your dealer and insist the regional manager work to move the car to the railyard. Otherwise, you're gonna have squirrels living in your airbox.

My wait is 108 days in your same boat.

fj5gtx 09-09-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I don't want a mustang (Post 11224473)

If it's in Lansing at the plant, it's most likely in an outflow lot and will be shipped when they get around to it. Shipping is apparently Last in, First Out so the good news is you'll definitely get it before they ship the 2025s.

Maybe, just maybe...these COVID cars will be worth somethin...hahaha, I can't even finish that sentence.

Work with your dealer and insist the regional manager work to move the car to the railyard. Otherwise, you're gonna have squirrels living in your airbox.

Don't know anything more than "its in Michigan, pending dispatch." Actually, now looking at the online window sticker, says Final Assembly Point is Lansing, MI. Thinking I might as give it some time and see what happens.

Jus Cruisin 09-09-2022 04:16 PM

I've joined the "group". Bought an available 2023 ZL1 that is in production today. Hopefully it won't take forever...

LeonardS 09-09-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin (Post 11226783)
I've joined the "group". Bought an available 2023 ZL1 that is in production today. Hopefully it won't take forever...

It wouldn’t be in production today. They work Monday thru Thursday.

fj5gtx 09-09-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonardS (Post 11226817)
It wouldn’t be in production today. They work Monday thru Thursday.

Leonard, are you planning a repeat performance for the end of the gasoline camaro ?!

LeonardS 09-09-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fj5gtx (Post 11226830)
Leonard, are you planning a repeat performance for the end of the gasoline camaro ?!

No, I’ll leave that for someone else. I’ve been treated very well by GM, but I don’t feel I should ask for another “last one”. Hopefully your car will arrive quickly!

pwj155 09-09-2022 07:11 PM

I ordered a '23 LT1 on 8/27, let's see how long this takes. Maybe I'll get lucky!

fj5gtx 09-27-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fj5gtx (Post 11223978)

Dealer let me know it arrived yesterday, 9/26.

cariboocreek 09-27-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I don't want a mustang (Post 11224473)

I am 130 days since it rolled out of the factory, completed.

rbiehl 09-30-2022 08:36 PM

They are shipping the 23 cars a lot quicker. My ZL1 was built last Thursday and it is already on a train headed to St. Louis. I should havs it by 10/7.

My dealer has a few LT1s on the lot and available at MSRP. Jim Trenary Chevrolet in O'Fallon, Mo. Ask for Rob.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

fj5gtx 10-01-2022 08:46 AM

I picked mine up.... It was delivered to the dealer on Monday 9/26. The door jamb sticker says it was built 4/22. I put my deposit on it 9/2, so only a little over 3 weeks wait for me :thumbup::thumbup:

Dealer cleaned it, but I can tell it was pretty dirty - I'll have some time into detailing it the way I want it.

I started considering buying a Camaro in January. Took a while to figure out what I really wanted, and when I did - ordering a 22 was over and I didn't want to pay the extra on a 23 for the same car.

paradigm 10-01-2022 10:31 AM

Which color and which transmission?

Originally I was going to order an LT1 but then decided to get a 1LE.

Sometimes I wished I saved the $10k an got the LT1 and then modded it the way I wanted. Kind of bored now not being able to really mod the 1LE without blowing the budget.

ST1LE 10-01-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fj5gtx (Post 11236310)
I picked mine up.... It was delivered to the dealer on Monday 9/26. The door jamb sticker says it was built 4/22. I put my deposit on it 9/2, so only a little over 3 weeks wait for me :thumbup::thumbup:

Dealer cleaned it, but I can tell it was pretty dirty - I'll have some time into detailing it the way I want it.

I started considering buying a Camaro in January. Took a while to figure out what I really wanted, and when I did - ordering a 22 was over and I didn't want to pay the extra on a 23 for the same car.

That really worked out great, especially reading some people's horror stories waiting for their 2022's.

Congratulations on the new car!