CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   SPL Rear Toe Arms with eccentric lockout review (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588857)

Stephen12ZL1 02-27-2021 07:32 PM

SPL Rear Toe Arms with eccentric lockout review

4 Attachment(s)
These toe arms are amazing quality and fit the "simple yet elegant" classification. The factory toe arm uses a POS eccentric and the single use bolts which cause grief, worry, & potential loss of alignment settings. I know these units have been the talk of the forum previously. With my new ZLE, I decided to opt for these units to help with all of mentioned issues.

The install was amazingly easy and everything was excellent fitment. Make sure to measure the factory toe arm hole center to hole center and have a 3/16" allen wrench handy to lock the ends. Older spherical ended arms like this used jam nuts which were a PITA so this new style "sleeve lock" is really nice. Also, measure the toe with a tape measure from bolt center to bolt center before removing the stock part. This will get you in the ballpark prior to a necessary new alignment. A few pics:

20Bluezl1 02-27-2021 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just did all rear SPL components and I can tell you it is top quality. And I will be doing the front end in the near future.

Evansa22 02-27-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 (Post 10963318)
I just did all rear SPL components and I can tell you it is top quality. And I will be doing the front end in the near future.

How do you like the rear upper and lower traction arms? Notice a difference? Really like the toe rods, front end stuff feels great so far as well. End links might be in the future! These SPL products are nice

20Bluezl1 02-27-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evansa22 (Post 10963352)
How do you like the rear upper and lower traction arms? Notice a difference? Really like the toe rods, front end stuff feels great so far as well. End links might be in the future! These SPL products are nice

I have not drove the car snice installation as I'm doing all my winter projects and also the weather here in NJ isn't nice.

Evansa22 02-28-2021 08:30 AM

Right on, I'll be keeping an eye out for your impressions once the weather gets better :behindsofa:

Vtor_ZL1 02-28-2021 10:35 AM

Ok on race car that stays dry, but exposed metal "balls" on rod eye will mean very short life.

They do sell boots you can slip over and treat them with Fluid film or similar corrosion preventative that stays put.

kropscamaro16 03-01-2021 11:56 AM

i have em on my track focused ss car works great no toe changes quality usa made parts!

Checkmate1 03-01-2021 02:28 PM

It seems like most people have no issues with their stock toe links. I speak for people that actively track as well.

Got to wonder if it is worth $500 for someone who only tracks once or twice a year.

kropscamaro16 03-01-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checkmate1 (Post 10964301)
It seems like most people have no issues with their stock toe links. I speak for people that actively track as well.

Got to wonder if it is worth $500 for someone who only tracks once or twice a year.

probably not but for somebody that tracks their car 6-12 times a year its definately

R3ctivision 03-01-2021 09:21 PM

Just had these installed on my ZLE today. Drove home 80 miles. Car feels solid. It seemed to walk less on power but not entirely sure. Can't say I noticed a massive difference yet. Will find out on track.

Not planning to replace all the arms without evidence of meaningful improvement. I did the toe arms to get rid of the eccentric and its associated slippage.

Stephen12ZL1 03-01-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R3ctivision (Post 10964567)
Just had these installed on my ZLE today. Drove home 80 miles. Car feels solid. It seemed to walk less on power but not entirely sure. Can't say I noticed a massive difference yet. Will find out on track.

Not planning to replace all the arms without evidence of meaningful improvement. I did the toe arms to get rid of the eccentric and its associated slippage.

I will likely replace the rear lower control arms also to remove the other eccentrics.

20Bluezl1 03-01-2021 10:17 PM

All I can say it's they are made to last. They only thing I will be ordering extra is the blue locking screws just incase while alignment they strip. As far as functionality I haven't driven the car so no feedback there, but I can definitely see if being easier for alignment and also easier for tech to hit desired spec.

Bangkok_ZL1 03-02-2021 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 (Post 10963580)
Ok on race car that stays dry, but exposed metal "balls" on rod eye will mean very short life.

They do sell boots you can slip over and treat them with Fluid film or similar corrosion preventative that stays put.

nope, I had arms just like these on my 2002 RX-7 for 6 years, and never had an issue. They are so much nicer than the stock arms with rubber bushings. IMHO they, and the rest of the rear end bushing upgrade package, seemed to make my 7 so much more predictable when I was sliding her butt around. And no matter what everybody says on this forum :noidea: about the car already being better than my ability on the track. I'M STILL GETTING THEM, HA HA HA. :smiling1: Too bad there's no birdie emoji, :happyanim: LOL

They look nice Stephen..... A nice side effect....

SloCal 04-14-2021 12:01 PM

Anyone been tracking hard with these and measured rear toe changes? Can always feel my toe out after a session or two at buttonwillow and leaning towards these