Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why are my inside tail lights off when driving? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592127)

KillerBomb24 05-06-2021 09:29 PM

Why are my inside tail lights off when driving?

1 Attachment(s)
I could have sworn all 4 of my tail lights would be on at all times at night. I checked today and only my outside ones light up. When I brake or turn my hazards on they all light up. Am I going crazy?

InFiD3ViL 05-06-2021 10:53 PM

They should all be on when the headlights are on. Have you checked the bulbs? A new 2-pack of Sylvania 3157 bulbs are like $8 at the auto parts store. The 3157 is a dual filament bulb, where the tail filament is always lit when the lights are on, and the second filament is the brake light filament. Maybe your inner bulbs burned out the normal tail light filaments.

As for your tail light configuration, when working properly, all four are tail lights, all four are brake lights, and all four are turn signals.

Bigdumogre 05-07-2021 05:06 AM

I agree start with swapping the bulbs or popping new ones in. Check the connections in the trunk too just in case but probably the bulbs.

1JEWLDSSRS 05-07-2021 07:49 AM

Agreed with the above all. I would replace ALL the bulbs, not just the inner ones, this way you have all 4 new, and go from there. Good luck..

chef-beavis 05-07-2021 09:45 AM

I saw this same OP start a thread concerning trunk gaps and it was obvious the car has been hurt and repaired. I agree with everyone else, start with the simple and new bulbs, but once damaged it could be numerous things. Hope your fix is cheap and simple!

KillerBomb24 05-07-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef-beavis (Post 11006331)
I saw this same OP start a thread concerning trunk gaps and it was obvious the car has been hurt and repaired. I agree with everyone else, start with the simple and new bulbs, but once damaged it could be numerous things. Hope your fix is cheap and simple!

Yeah the old owner had an accident it and repainted it white. Ive had the car for a few months and am trying to fix it up a bit. They did a terrible paint job and not to mention the trunk is misaligned. If the new bulbs don't fix it I guess theres a problem with the wiring.

1JEWLDSSRS 05-07-2021 12:11 PM

Maybe they forgot to re connect the inside plugs for the inside set of lights??

Bigdumogre 05-07-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11006277)
Agreed with the above all. I would replace ALL the bulbs, not just the inner ones, this way you have all 4 new, and go from there. Good luck..

That’s what I did. My wife was like “why replace all 4 when 1 went out”? I said so they are all the same brightness lol and replaced with led bulbs

George-CZ 05-07-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBomb24 (Post 11006137)
I could have sworn all 4 of my tail lights would be on at all times at night. I checked today and only my outside ones light up. When I brake or turn my hazards on they all light up. Am I going crazy?

This would interest me myself.
Every Camaro I meet here in Europe is different.
The last case is the same as yours. The middle lights up only with the brake pedal.

In order to comply with European legislation on orange turn signals, we had to rework and reconnect the all taillights. And make one backlight into a fog light.

KillerBomb24 05-09-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George-CZ (Post 11006468)
This would interest me myself.
Every Camaro I meet here in Europe is different.
The last case is the same as yours. The middle lights up only with the brake pedal.

In order to comply with European legislation on orange turn signals, we had to rework and reconnect the all taillights. And make one backlight into a fog light.

It was the bulbs problem. I got some new ones and it completely fixed my issue. There was Chinese writing all over them so I just swapped them out with Sylvania 3157’s.

chef-beavis 05-09-2021 03:20 PM

Glad to hear it! Awesome. Good luck and enjoy your car!

1JEWLDSSRS 05-09-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBomb24 (Post 11007380)
It was the bulbs problem. I got some new ones and it completely fixed my issue. There was Chinese writing all over them so I just swapped them out with Sylvania 3157’s.

Awesome brother, glad you got it fixed and it was a quick fix!! Enjoy that Camaro.. :thumbup: