CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Throttle Response, Beyond Porting (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556601)

Marco Falcone 06-18-2019 10:11 AM

This sounds awesome. I love my 18 2SS vert, but that lag...

My car is bone stock except for a Range and a Fuse 51 pull. (It has an untouched OEM throttle body and intake manifold.)

If this all by itself will really improve the lag and it doesn’t throw codes, I’ll be buying one when I get back from vacation in a couple weeks.

Thanks Soler!

Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC 06-18-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayhawk (Post 10547355)
My car has a hesitation at about 1800-2000 rpm. It's most noticeable in traffic, just trying to maintain say 30 mph in 3rd gear, it is really unsteady. I can't find anything wrong with the car, no misfires or anything. Any chance this TB would help with that? My car is completely stock.

rayhawk, we are not familiar with this particular issue, but the design aims to reduce hesitation at part throttle in general while optimizing flow at WOT as well.

Yes, I'd think it is worth trying. Worst case scenario is that our TB does not solve the issue, in which case you'd get a full refund, free shipping both ways. You'd be only putting the 15 minutes it takes to replace it.

Thanks,

Chocolate Apocalypse 06-18-2019 10:49 AM

Just ordered mine, interested to feel the difference compared to the Mamo PTB I'm currently using.

red_johnny 06-18-2019 10:52 AM

Putting this on my list to get. I drive a lot in lower ranges (10-20 MPH) daily and I get lunges, rough spots while trying to maintain speeds in my manual. Something like this is what the doctor ordered. It will have to wait for awhile as the car will be in storage for a few months and I don't have time to change out parts right now. But subscribed to the thread as a constant reminder to order this when I am ready!

Jsreo 06-18-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse (Post 10547535)
Just ordered mine, interested to feel the difference compared to the Mamo PTB I'm currently using.

Please post back on your observations. I also have the Mamo PTB & would like to know if any change would be worthwhile

TIA

Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC 06-18-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlarsen462 (Post 10547363)
If I send in a Weapon-X PTB for the Rework program, will it be identical after rework to a new OEM unit that you've worked?

If so, I'll be sending mine this week.

Thanks.

That is the point of the rework, to match the response curve of our design, identical (+/-10%) in performance, but not identical in geometry. Let me explain why and the possible outcomes.

That is, we have noticed some inconsistencies with ported throttle bodies, especially those that have been hand ported or ported in a way that is not repeatable. In other words, we cannot assume they are all the same and that the same rework will end up with the same results. We rather take them in a case by case basis. One of the possible outcomes is that we'll have to send you one of ours at no extra charge to you.

Features we can assure you would be identical and non-existing on your PTB:

- Half-shaft (Makes effective bore diameter 91 mm minimum)
- Countersunk screws, flush on other side, locked and peened (reduce pressure loses)
- Blade modification (reduces pumping loses)
- Flow area increases right-off idle, inlet and outlet (improved response)

Note: We have not inspected a statistically significant number of the PTB's in question to say they are inconsistent dimensionally, but it is a possibility.

Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC 06-18-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 10547431)
I have a Cold Air Induction CAI and it uses a TB spacer with a small spike to eliminate the whistle sound. Will I continue to use the spacer with this re-worked TB or not?

I don't see why not. It will fit, and as long as it is not obstructive it shouldn't affect performance.

Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC 06-18-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAFS197 (Post 10547433)
Have you guys performed any of this porting and testing on the LT5 95mm throttle body?

Working on it as we speak. We anticipate that it would need calibration. Stay tuned...

Thanks,

Chocolate Apocalypse 06-18-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsreo (Post 10547555)
Please post back on your observations. I also have the Mamo PTB & would like to know if any change would be worthwhile

TIA

Absolutely! 👍

lgarrison34 06-18-2019 12:34 PM

Is there a discount code for forum members?

Racerman27410 06-18-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28pat (Post 10547462)
I’m also very tempted because driving a stickshift I can feel the lack of throttle response and can’t blame it on the tranny. Makes it hard to modulate pedal pressure.

Exactly why i dropped the coin for one this morning.... i like to drive on tight twisty mtn roads and the non linear response keeps me from being smooth on corner exits since i dont consistantly know what the car is going to give me at part throttle applications.... hoping this cures it.

Mr.DoubleB 06-18-2019 12:54 PM

Will this work on the V6 LGX engine?

CamaroChriSS 06-18-2019 01:02 PM

Link to order and cost? Thanks!

z28pat 06-18-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racerman27410 (Post 10547678)
Exactly why i dropped the coin for one this morning.... i like to drive on tight twisty mtn roads and the non linear response keeps me from being smooth on corner exits since i dont consistantly know what the car is going to give me at part throttle applications.... hoping this cures it.

Please let us know how this turn out once you’ve installed it , seems like a straight forward install but pictures would help
Thank you