CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   LT4 fueling vs. dsx aux pump (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614241)

teddyca 03-10-2023 02:34 PM

LT4 fueling vs. dsx aux pump

So kind of kicking myself in the ass here. A couple years ago I had a Maggie 2300 installed. Tuner gave me 2 tunes. 1 made about 550 rwhp and the other was closer to 600 rwhp but they told me I should not daily the tune as they were not that excited about it up top and that I should bump my 91 oct Cali fuel. Well I got bored of the first tune and put the second tune in. Well it is a tire shredder but I dont want to spend $20K rebuilding a motor like I did in the C7 lol. If I was educated at the time I would of done LT4 fueling. Learned my lesson and did it on C7. :noidea: I also got a DSK Aux kit for C7 as I am now fully forged and chasing big power. With all that said I feel I am a little more educated but not all the way. If I want piece of mind could I add a DSX kit to my Camaro to help compensate or am I still limited at the injectors and pump. I kind of look at it as a straw. I can add all I want but LT1 injectors can only flow so much so the aux kit would be a waste. Am I correct?

I am sure Greg (laynlow) is going to chime in so you can just text me. HAHA Plus I have an unlocked TCM for HP Tuners I need to put in and have tuned so I will be in your ear. :) By the way buddy the C8 is a fricking dream. :thumbup:

cjperformance 03-10-2023 02:42 PM

You're still going to need LT4 high side, but on a 17, it has a terrible low side pump that will run dry even before the LT1 high side does.

So... I would do a DSX regardless, even if you don't upgrade your high side. I was dropping to 30 lbs on the low side when I had LT1 high and low side.

Newer camaros have LT4 low side pump from the factory.

adamjwilson 03-10-2023 03:18 PM

LT4 injectors, LT4HPFP, LT4LS pump, and DSX or JMS booster. Better yet, TooHighPSI port injection if you are chasing HP will save you some cash in the long run. Of course, E85 kit cause the LT1 loves E. Stock LT1 injectors will limit you at some point depending your hp goals.

teddyca 03-12-2023 04:08 PM

You boys are telling me exactly what I was expecting to hear. :( Sadly I spent good money having the maggie installed and tuned. I do not want to undo all the work, then have to retune. I am going to just leave well enough alone on the Camaro. I am doing dumb shit to my C7 and I just ordered a NX kit for the C8. I am going to toss 75-100hp at it and just have fun. stock cluches start slipping past 125hp or so and well I dont want to be replacing motors. LOL I have 2 tunes for my Camaro. I just put in the "mild" tune a few min ago. Now time to have this A87A hp tuners TCM installed and tuned. LOL Appreciate everyone killing my dreams. HAHAHA I am kidding truly appreciate the reassurance.

asthmamax11 03-25-2023 08:19 AM

Yeah man i have the Mag 2300 too
5 years running now

I don't want to stress the pistons or fuel system to the point of making the car a ticking time bomb.

I'm on stock LT1 fuel system

Thinking I'll get longtubes to lower boost and stress on pistons

JMS fuel booster to ensure fuel pump is up to par

Call it a day