CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Not even a week in.... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532894)

Desenski 07-02-2018 12:32 PM

Not even a week in....

2 Attachment(s)
Just got my 2018 2SS 1LE last Wednesday, and last night I was rear ended by a Lexus.... :cry: Doesn't look like much damage was done visually, but I was at a stop light and the car moved more than I would have liked when hit. I've got an appointment at my local dealership to inspect it to make sure nothing else is damaged that I may not be able to see (such as the impact absorbers).

Attachment 944066

My clean car the day I got it.

Attachment 944067

As you can see it looks like the only damage was a perfect imprint of the screw for the Lexus' front license plate. Just below where my rear license plate would go. :mad0260: Since I've had the car for just under a week I still just have the temp tag in the rear window.

01pewterz28 07-02-2018 12:35 PM

Dang that sucks at the very least a new rear bumper cover.

chutoyy 07-02-2018 01:49 PM

:[ Sounds like typical Washington... Had one of my other brand new cars rear-ended at 300 miles a few years ago...

But, hello from Renton! I have the same car and color.

Tyl3r 07-02-2018 01:52 PM

Get $1,000 compensation and keep as is, assuming only cosmetic.

Desenski 07-02-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chutoyy (Post 10237307)
:[ Sounds like typical Washington... Had one of my other brand new cars rear-ended at 300 miles a few years ago...

But, hello from Renton! I have the same car and color.

Mine has 500 miles on it... You buy it from Good Chevy there in Renton?

Desenski 07-02-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl3r (Post 10237311)
Get $1,000 compensation and keep as is, assuming only cosmetic.

Or I can get it fixed at no cost and get compensation for diminished value. Im not going to have a 5 day old car with damage.

Tyl3r 07-02-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desenski (Post 10237347)
Or I can get it fixed at no cost and get compensation for diminished value. Im not going to have a 5 day old car with damage.

Oh, this accident is going to be reported? Definitely file a diminished claim.

chutoyy 07-02-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desenski (Post 10237339)
Mine has 500 miles on it... You buy it from Good Chevy there in Renton?

Nah, drove up to Marysville. No one down here had a 2SS 1LE they wanted to sell.

50MileSmile 07-02-2018 02:25 PM

This is not a collector car or valuable antique vehicle, and minor damage like this will not bring an offer of diminished value from the Lexus owner’s insurance company. It’s a minor hit - fix it and move on.

BTW, did you say your neck hurt? :pound:

Tyl3r 07-02-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 10237359)
This is not a collector car or valuable antique vehicle, and minor damage like this will not bring an offer of diminished value from the Lexus owner’s insurance company. It’s a minor hit - fix it and move on.

That is not true if the accident was reported. The value has diminished at least 15% if reported.

Desenski 07-02-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 10237359)

I'm a salesmen at Porsche Bellevue. I help appraise vehicles all the time. You can sure bet that any accident diminishes the value. Doesnt matter how much damage was done. If its reported (which again, I'm not going to have a 5 day old car with damage) its going to have a repair show up on the vehicles history report. That drops the value.

Desenski 07-02-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chutoyy (Post 10237355)
Nah, drove up to Marysville. No one down here had a 2SS 1LE they wanted to sell.

Doesnt surprise me. I used to work at Good Chevy. I didnt even buy mine from them. Bought mine from Autonation Chevy Spokane. Good Chev in Renton are a bunch of asses.

50MileSmile 07-02-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl3r (Post 10237362)
That is not true if the accident was reported. The value has diminished at least 15% if reported.

Uh, from what official source are you seeing that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desenski (Post 10237368)
I'm a salesmen at Porsche Bellevue. I help appraise vehicles all the time. You can sure bet that any accident diminishes the value. Doesnt matter how much damage was done. If its reported (which again, I'm not going to have a 5 day old car with damage) its going to have a repair show up on the vehicles history report. That drops the value.

Of course, any damage diminishes the value - in your eyes, in a future buyer’s eyes and to anyone you tell about it. But that doesn’t mean an insurance company is going to cough up more money in a situation like this. They’re going to pay to get it fixed to “as new” condition, and no more - that is, unless you’re as good at whining and complaining as I am. :thumbup:

Tyl3r 07-02-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 10237377)
Uh, from what official source are you seeing that?

Of course, any damage diminishes the value - in your eyes, in a future buyer’s eyes and to anyone you tell about it. But that doesn’t mean an insurance company is going to cough up more money in a situation like this. They’re going to pay to get it fixed to “as new” condition, and no more - that is, unless you’re as good at whining and complaining as I am. :thumbup:

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/how-fil...after-accident

I used the OPs state as a source ^ This is a very real thing, and will likely exceed the actual cost of physical damages. The ~15% loss is from personal experience, shopping around for vehicles, trade-ins, etc.

There is no question that the accident being reported diminishes value of the vehicle, regardless if you or even a buyer can tell actual damage was done. Would you pay the same for a car with an accident reported on the Carfax as one without, all else the same? Also, it doesn't matter if the insurance company wants to pay for it. It is damages and may need to be settled in a court if they do not pay.