CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Expell and ceramic pro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510872)

1roadking 10-16-2017 07:24 PM

Expell and ceramic pro

I’m having the whole front end from the apillars and roofline forward, plus the rockers and around the back wheels covered in expell, plus ceramic pro installed over everything for $3000. He’s getting me a price on wrapping the whole car with expell before I drop it off. Thoughts? Is it worth doing the whole car or just stay with what I’m getting.

Glen e 10-16-2017 07:29 PM

Putting expel over an entire volume production car is ridiculous. Plus you can wipe on the ceramic yourself and save a lot of money. There’s no hard polish prep when you’re putting it on expel. Alcohol off the expel with a wipe, wipe on the ceramic… I personally think detailers charging huge amounts of money for ceramic over expel is one of the biggest rip offs of the detailing business. Because there’s no real prep.

Evolvedx27 10-17-2017 12:03 AM

Xpel

Evolvedx27 10-17-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 9941960)
Putting expel over an entire volume production car is ridiculous. Plus you can wipe on the ceramic yourself and save a lot of money. There’s no hard polish prep when you’re putting it on expel. Alcohol off the expel with a wipe, wipe on the ceramic… I personally think detailers charging huge amounts of money for ceramic over expel is one of the biggest rip offs of the detailing business. Because there’s no real prep.

I did full wrap solely for the self healing feature. Not even a hairline scratch/swirl, anywhere.

Gunkk 10-17-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 (Post 9942223)
I did full wrap solely for the self healing feature. Not even a hairline scratch/swirl, anywhere.

+1

Exactly. The whole point is to be worry free. Ceramic coatings only get you so far...

S.T.A.R. 10-17-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 (Post 9942223)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 9942248)
+1

Exactly. The whole point is to be worry free. Ceramic coatings only get you so far...

I was thinking the same thing, a full wrap could set you back 3-5k though.

We're getting a price on a complete wrap today on Xpel Ultra.

k20attack 10-17-2017 09:16 AM

I'm wrapping the whole car except for the doors and rear bumper and I got 2 quotes. One was $4K and the other was around $4500. Wrap includes headlights and a small piece behind each rear wheel as well.

If you're a perfectionist about your car like I am then the value is there. Especially if you use waterless car wash products like I do. Xpell will help prevent swirl marks when using those products. I also tailgate people a lot and my previous camaro got a lot of rock chips and I had to repaint the hood and front splitter. So you could save $ that way as well.

Evolvedx27 10-17-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 9942248)
+1

Yup. Had ceramic pro done to my last car. Junk.

Evolvedx27 10-17-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k20attack (Post 9942467)
I'm wrapping the whole car except for the doors and rear bumper and I got 2 quotes. One was $4K and the other was around $4500. Wrap includes headlights and a small piece behind each rear wheel as well.

If you're a perfectionist about your car like I am then the value is there. Especially if you use waterless car wash products like I do. Xpell will help prevent swirl marks when using those products. I also tailgate people a lot and my previous camaro got a lot of rock chips and I had to repaint the hood and front splitter. So you could save $ that way as well.

Just make sure you shop around and check quality of work. I got my full car done with pretty much all edges tucked for 4k. Only spots that are not tucked are front bumper to quarter panels and rear bumper to rear quarter panels. Only spots that are not wrapped is the upper and lower grill because its impossible to wrap with xpel.

WILWAXU 10-17-2017 11:32 AM

For me, the clear bra is for protection. The ceramic coat is for ease of maintenance.

I have SunTek on all the impact surfaces, to include the entire front fender(s). Everything is coated in Ceramic Pro.

IneedAZ 10-17-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILWAXU (Post 9942659)
For me, the clear bra is for protection. The ceramic coat is for ease of maintenance.

I have SunTek on all the impact surfaces, to include the entire front fender(s). Everything is coated in Ceramic Pro.

x2

ABM Camaro 10-18-2017 11:13 AM

Can these products be easily removed ? I was at a car show, and I saw it on ZL1 Camaro on half the hood and half the front fender was covered with a protective film, and I didn't like the way the car looked.

When you looked at the car from the side, it looked like someone took a key and scratched the across the hood and down the fender with a key, but it was the film.
It would have looked a lot better covering the whole hood and fender. I'm sure it works great, but took away from the look of the beautiful car to me.

Gunkk 10-18-2017 06:48 PM

Filming half a hood...:barf:

The only really good way to film the car is to remove the emblems and heat extractor, cover all panels completely, and tuck all the edges. Then there are no lines to see, worry about collecting dirt, etc

Glen e 10-18-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABM Camaro (Post 9943986)
Can these products be easily removed ? I was at a car show, and I saw it on ZL1 Camaro on half the hood and half the front fender was covered with a protective film, and I didn't like the way the car looked.

When you looked at the car from the side, it looked like someone took a key and scratched the across the hood and down the fender with a key, but it was the film.
It would have looked a lot better covering the whole hood and fender. I'm sure it works great, but took away from the look of the beautiful car to me.

No , they are a bitch to remove…