CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   If you hit someones car at a parking lot and no ones watching would you run? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549832)

Hero_Camaro 03-13-2019 10:24 AM

If you hit someones car at a parking lot and no ones watching would you run?

I've always been a victim of a hit and run at the parking lot where a driver has hit my left bumper of my other car and now my right bumper is now the latest victim of this act.This is a more of an honesty test.

Let's say that you wanted to park your car and hit someone's else's car and no one was there to see you would you leave the scene or at least have some decency to leave your contact details?

Camaro_QC 03-13-2019 10:31 AM

I never do something to the others that I wouldn't want them to do to me.

So yes I'd leave a note and propose to pay for the repairs if any.

I've already rear ended someone at a yeild corner. Damages were minor. And I had to insist for the other to get my info. She wanted to do nothing. She never called me. But at least I have her my info in case as it was my fault and admitted it.

hammdo 03-13-2019 10:38 AM

I'd man up. I would not leave. I'd take Responsiblity. It's the way I was taught. Things can get a lot worse if you leave...

-Don

acammer 03-13-2019 10:40 AM

Been the victim of this too many times. I'm staying!

BMR Sales 03-13-2019 11:02 AM

only happened to me once, but the little old lady was making such a slow getaway, i caught her!

lightsOUT 03-13-2019 11:17 AM

Depending on the damage and if I had my kids with me or not based weather or not if stay. I would for sure leave a note. It’s not in my nature to be deceptive.

SSEssence 03-13-2019 11:20 AM

Hell no, I would definitely leave a note with my number. What comes around goes around and I would hate for someone to hit my car and leave.

ZED SLED 03-13-2019 11:33 AM

Now that 1984 is here, how would you know that no one's watching? Soon, it will be like Minority Report. You will be arrested before you leave the house, lol.

pyroguy 03-13-2019 01:24 PM

Would you want someone hitting your car and taking off? I highly doubt it. The whole "golden rule" thing of "do unto other as you'd have them do unto you" fully applies here. At minimum I'd call the police to report myself and let them sort it all out. There's no reason to be that guy and hit and run, that's just not right. Not to mention hit and run is illegal and can be BIG points on your license depending on the state you're in if you get caught.

hrpiii 03-13-2019 01:43 PM

Happened to me in August to my Camaro. Almost destroyed the car is what my friend said, but in all honesty, they barely tore a 3" spot in the clearbra and had to look at the bumper in a certain angle to see a slight indention. So yeah, almost totaled the car!!!

I wouldn't leave. To many camera, and it's best to feel good that you did the right thing.

Mike14bumblebee 03-13-2019 01:56 PM

I'd leave a note. More and more people are getting dash cams so if you leave you have no defense if the camera picked it up. I think that some people, not all, but some probably dont even realize they hit you when leaving a parking spot. But if you no you hit someone you should definitely wait or leave a note

mickss 03-13-2019 02:40 PM

No, but to be honest I would have to think about it first because the way some insurance companies are it would make some honest people do some pretty dishonest things.

kevint 03-13-2019 02:54 PM

I'd at most leave a note. I've read too many threats of violence posted on this forum to justify staying.

bkevind 03-13-2019 02:59 PM

It's not about cameras and doing it because you have to now. it's about character. You break it you fix it, use insurance or not. Assuming the other person can just use their comp coverage (if they have it) and shrug it off is f'ing bullshit. For those that think that way...f you. What goes around comes around.