CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Brakes | Chassis (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   DSC Sport Controller Owners, Lets talk! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549263)

DOHCVTEC 03-05-2019 01:07 AM

DSC Sport Controller Owners, Lets talk!

2018 ZL1 with the DSC V4 controller in there for a couple of months now..
Starting to understand it a little better, learned a few interesting things and found a few bugs. Overall I like this controller very much!

it also occured to me while doing some slight tuning, that we can share tuning parameters and maybe save each other some time.. Sort of like, this worked, this didn't, this made the car faster, slower, and so on. For example, in a few minutes I was able to tune out that way too soft ride you get in touring and even sport mode when you are not throwing the car around.. very simple fix.

I also discovered a few bugs in the system and waiting for a call from an engineer to verify. One may really interest some of you... so it appears that the suspension only changes when you switch the chassis settings, but not the independent suspension settings on your stereo screen. so if you are in touring chassis mode and race suspension mode, you may feel no difference and it appears this is why. I noticed it while data logging the current level going to chocks.

There is another thing but I can share if anyone has interest in tuning your controller..

hope there are more of you out there!

Badmojo 03-05-2019 07:52 AM

What do you mean by Chassis and Suspension settings? Does the DSC not change when you select Touring, Sport or Track?

Sakudog 03-05-2019 08:03 AM

Interesting, so you're saying, the infotainment suspension setting changes while driving do not change actually change the mag rides performance? That only the button in the center console does?

The steering is absolutely affected by that screen, this I have verified as of yesterday and of course, so is exhaust.

So, the controller does not come with a "base map" for the ZL1 for you to install? You are essentially playing Mag Ride suspension tuner from the onset? IF that is the case, that might be great for some people, but for me I don't have the time to dial the car in and I know without a ton of track time, I won't be able to make it better quick enough...I know I'm more of a driver than a RaceCraft engineer.

Thanks for the info!

DOHCVTEC 03-05-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakudog (Post 10452480)
Interesting, so you're saying, the infotainment suspension setting changes while driving do not change actually change the mag rides performance? That only the button in the center console does?

Exactly, at least that's what I saw. Would love to see if anyone one else sees the same thing. this is with the DSC Controller installed

Quote:

The steering is absolutely affected by that screen, this I have verified as of yesterday and of course, so is exhaust.
That is not affected, its all working fine

Quote:

So, the controller does not come with a "base map" for the ZL1 for you to install? You are essentially playing Mag Ride suspension tuner from the onset? IF that is the case, that might be great for some people, but for me I don't have the time to dial the car in and I know without a ton of track time, I won't be able to make it better quick enough...I know I'm more of a driver than a RaceCraft engineer.

Thanks for the info!
that's not what I said fellas, it does have a very extensive base map... what I tuned was the comfort settings in the "G Comfort Parameters" which is a program that loosens up the shocks if the car sees no or low g forces and when you are just cruising, designed to make you really notice the comfort in touring mode.. unfortunately for some (including me) those settings are way too soft and floaty, and this controller gives you the ability to tweak that a little and clean it up, which is what I did

I am hoping in this thread we can share those changes and parameters, even files to tune these things and I am hoping there are others who are already tuning theirs. once you have an updated file, you can just load it to your controller in a few minutes.. its quite amazing

another lovely thing is that you can view those files using their pc program, see whats actually happening there and what changes were made before you upload it into the car, to make sure you are not loading something horrific into your controller

TRZ06 03-05-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC (Post 10452613)
Exactly, at least that's what I saw. Would love to see if anyone one else sees the same thing. this is with the DSC Controller installed

That is not affected, its all working fine

that's not what I said fellas, it does have a very extensive base map... what I tuned was the comfort settings in the "G Comfort Parameters" which is a program that loosens up the shocks if the car sees no or low g forces and when you are just cruising, designed to make you really notice the comfort in touring mode.. unfortunately for some (including me) those settings are way too soft and floaty, and this controller gives you the ability to tweak that a little and clean it up, which is what I did

I am hoping in this thread we can share those changes and parameters, even files to tune these things and I am hoping there are others who are already tuning theirs. once you have an updated file, you can just load it to your controller in a few minutes.. its quite amazing

another lovely thing is that you can view those files using their pc program, see whats actually happening there and what changes were made before you upload it into the car, to make sure you are not loading something horrific into your controller

If it was designed properly, you wouldn't need to "clean it up". A sports car should NEVER feel floaty in any mode.

DOHCVTEC 03-05-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZ06 (Post 10452625)
If it was designed properly, you wouldn't need to "clean it up". A sports car should NEVER feel floaty in any mode.

it felt that way to me, may not feel that way to others. this may be a matter of opinion

DOHCVTEC 03-06-2019 04:48 PM

so no one has this controller ha?

TRZ06 03-06-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC (Post 10453877)

What does that tell you, LOL

Mcmillion 03-06-2019 06:41 PM

I loved it on my Focus RS and Z06. I will get it for the Zl1 eventually, but I'm pretty happy with it out of the box. I will be subscribing.

Bow Tie Fanatic 03-09-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC (Post 10453877)

I have the V4 DSC and think it’s a good mod. Will know better in a couple weeks when I return to VIR. Some on here seem to think GM has the MRC perfected because they have been offering for a while but that seems pretty narrow minded. If everything came optimized on these cars no one would change exhaust, pulleys, brakes, springs, etc. By the way, I’m not defending DSC in any way just because I’ve been an adopter and spent my money. If I notice something suspect or feel it’s unsafe or erratic I’ll put the stock controller back in and post my findings.

F1FTY 03-09-2019 01:14 PM

I've had my V4 brand new in the box for sale but with threads like these it makes me curious to try out once the weather clears up. Interested in trying it out and sharing settings to see if the V2 box's jack-rabbit behavior can be eliminated.

Bow Tie Fanatic 03-09-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1FTY (Post 10456248)
I've had my V4 brand new in the box for sale but with threads like these it makes me curious to try out once the weather clears up. Interested in trying it out and sharing settings to see if the V2 box's jack-rabbit behavior can be eliminated.

You should. I would love to hear your take. Do you track your car at VIR, Dominion or elsewhere? Also if you’ve tracked your car do you have any video?

Stephen12ZL1 03-09-2019 07:51 PM

If weather permits, Fanatic and myself will be able to test this unit thoroughly at VIR in 2 weeks. Fanatic is a way above average driver with excellent car control so trust his judgement. Street manners means almost nothing to me. The Camaro platform is definitely not where DSC makes its $ so we must be patient with fine tuning as their reward for making a half dozen track rats happy is minimal...sad but true.

F1FTY 03-09-2019 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bow Tie Fanatic (Post 10456409)
You should. I would love to hear your take. Do you track your car at VIR, Dominion or elsewhere? Also if you’ve tracked your car do you have any video?

Haven’t tracked it yet. Just autocrossed tragically.

Will do Shenandoah at some point this year.