Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question regarding SCT X4... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580928)

InFiD3ViL 08-28-2020 07:25 PM

Question regarding SCT X4...

I recently sold my SCT X4. Before I did so I returned my car to stock (unmarried it) and then reset the device back to factory defaults. It showed Unmarried on the device info screen.

So the guy that bought it is having issues trying to flash his Camaro. He states he is getting error code 110B6, which means the SCt X4 detects the 'Vehicle Has A Low Battery'. I told informed him of this and told him how sensitive these things are to low voltage, even if the car starts, to make sure all accessories are powered off, not to use windows, etc, charge the battery...but he still gets the error and claims it's a new battery at 13+ volts.

My question is this...he already had an SCT tune ready for this device I sold him. But doesn't the tuner that writes the tune normally need the device (X4) serial number to write a custom tune for it? I could swear DynoSteve needed my serial number in order to create my tune so it would work on that specific device, maybe as some sort of DRM for the handheld. Trying to figure this out before I contact this guy again, as the X4 has never given any issues before and I am certain it's something he is doing.

I know these tunes are VIN locked but are they also locked to the serial number of that specific X4 when the tune is written?

Spec 08-28-2020 07:31 PM

Just throwing it out there... no pins bent?

InFiD3ViL 08-28-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec (Post 10858171)
Just throwing it out there... no pins bent?

No, the device was all good when I had it. I am going to have the guy flash the SCT canned tune. If that works, it's an issue with his custom tune. I just have no idea what this guys knowledge is, what he's trying to upload to it, how he uploaded the tune to the device, etc. This was a perfect working device when I sold it, and I'm certain it still is, but I hate the thought he thinks I sold him a dud.

I could swear DynoSteve needed my serial number when he wrote my tune, so I am really thinking that's the issue. I'm going to send him (Steve) a message but I hate to bother him with something like this.

Edit: From what I am reading online the serial number is required when the tune is written. This guy was just trying to flash a tune he already had on hand. Derp.

BuddyLee 08-28-2020 09:09 PM

I have stock 2013 SS2/RS L99 where to get the SCT X4 and who would be good at programming the right tune for me?

frankwjr 08-28-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyLee (Post 10858231)
I have stock 2013 SS2/RS L99 where to get the SCT X4 and who would be good at programming the right tune for me?

dynoSteve at RDP has the best deal IMHO.

Good luck!

PEACE

1JEWLDSSRS 08-30-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL (Post 10858175)
No, the device was all good when I had it. I am going to have the guy flash the SCT canned tune. If that works, it's an issue with his custom tune. I just have no idea what this guys knowledge is, what he's trying to upload to it, how he uploaded the tune to the device, etc. This was a perfect working device when I sold it, and I'm certain it still is, but I hate the thought he thinks I sold him a dud.

I could swear DynoSteve needed my serial number when he wrote my tune, so I am really thinking that's the issue. I'm going to send him (Steve) a message but I hate to bother him with something like this.

Edit: From what I am reading online the serial number is required when the tune is written. This guy was just trying to flash a tune he already had on hand. Derp.

I had one of these tuners back when I had my mustang, and I think yes you do have to have a serial number for the device to "unlock" it. I gave it to a friend of mine for his Mustang.

TheFlyingBananaSS 08-30-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyLee (Post 10858231)

I can sell you mine. I have to put my car back to factory tune before the build and my cam has too much lift to remote tune.

Can probably send it this week for ya. Dyno steve did the tunes on it. He really did an amazing job waking up my car. DM me and we can work out a fair price.