Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Purchasing Car soon!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583680)

Z28Ruthless 10-26-2020 01:41 PM

Purchasing Car soon!!

Hey guys, I will be going to look at a 2015 SS/RS 1LE this saturday and if everything checks out, hopefully driving it home. With that being said I wanted to get some opinions and see what some people were running for aftermarket wheel/tire setups. Im looking at running different wheels for cruising/shows so wanted to see different specs of what people were running to have a better understanding of what I can and can not do. I also plan on trying to do some AutoX/Track days with the car and wanted opinions on keeping the factory 20s for that purpose or if I am better off looking for something else? Any help is appreciated and I can not wait to have this car in my garage here soon!
Thanks!

ariZona28 10-26-2020 04:29 PM

Hope you get the car. I would say run with what you got for a while. The engineers at GM did an excellent job designing the 1LE suspension. You'll get many opinions on what brand of tire to run (I've got Michelin Pilot 4S on my Z and love them) but just get something sticky for your 20" alternative wheels (I would stay factory GM). That and you can do the "track alignment" if you desire and you should be good to go for Auto X. No excessive/expensive tinkering required. If by "track" you mean 20 min road race sessions you'll need to upgrade your brakes. That avenue of the hobby is a little harder on the equipment.

supersnake05 10-26-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z28Ruthless (Post 10892042)
Hey guys, I will be going to look at a 2015 SS/RS 1LE this saturday and if everything checks out, hopefully driving it home. With that being said I wanted to get some opinions and see what some people were running for aftermarket wheel/tire setups. Im looking at running different wheels for cruising/shows so wanted to see different specs of what people were running to have a better understanding of what I can and can not do. I also plan on trying to do some AutoX/Track days with the car and wanted opinions on keeping the factory 20s for that purpose or if I am better off looking for something else? Any help is appreciated and I can not wait to have this car in my garage here soon!
Thanks!

If I were you I wouldn't wait till Saturday. These cars dont make it more than a few days on the lot where I live. Everyone I looked at online was sold shortly after. I found mine as soon as it was traded in. Wasn't even inspected yet. Good luck and enjoy.

BCho 10-26-2020 10:50 PM

^^ I completely agree with the post above. I would jump on the car quickly. I had to reserve my car as soon as it was posted for sale since 5th gens seem to be a pretty hot commodity lately, and especially if it is/has anything more than a regular 1SS/2SS. I came across two that sold before I could even set up an appointment to inspect/test drive in the past two months.

GONIF 10-27-2020 12:01 PM

If I wanted it I would jump on it ,but if you have the extra cash Grab a 14 or 15 Z28 . It already has all you need and will appreciate in value every year. Everyone here wanted a Z28 ,but settled on a 1LE due to the price . It's a far superior car in every aspect . I enjoy my 1LE but wish I bought the Z28 . Having owned 6 Z28's in the past including a 1969 , I can tell you the 14 and 15 Z28's are the best of the Z28's without a doubt .

Z28Ruthless 10-27-2020 02:17 PM

I appreciate all your replies. This particular car is sold private party and we have been in talks for a couple weeks now. With that being said I am not concerned on losing out on the car. I was looking at z28s first (username gives that away) but the market has gotten out of the range I would like to be at. The 1LE has always been an option and I am pretty excited to get into one.

SIM GhostrdrZ 10-27-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z28Ruthless (Post 10892748)
I appreciate all your replies. This particular car is sold private party and we have been in talks for a couple weeks now. With that being said I am not concerned on losing out on the car. I was looking at z28s first (username gives that away) but the market has gotten out of the range I would like to be at. The 1LE has always been an option and I am pretty excited to get into one.

If you don’t mind me asking:
What is or was your Z28 price range?
If that’s too personal just don’t answer but my curiosity sometimes gets the best of me.

Z28Ruthless 10-27-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ (Post 10892763)
If you don’t mind me asking:
What is or was your Z28 price range?
If that’s too personal just don’t answer but my curiosity sometimes gets the best of me.

I was hoping to be ready to buy earlier when I could consistently find them for mid 30s, but now that I am having a hard time finding anything below 45k I decided to really start looking at the SS 1LE

SIM GhostrdrZ 10-27-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z28Ruthless (Post 10892770)
I was hoping to be ready to buy earlier when I could consistently find them for mid 30s, but now that I am having a hard time finding anything below 45k I decided to really start looking at the SS 1LE

So true. I don’t see them coming down in price either. Was watching a few auto auctions with other muscle car makers selling into mid 6 figures and they have made a lot more of those models than the Z28.

Z28Ruthless 10-27-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ (Post 10892776)
So true. I don’t see them coming down in price either. Was watching a few auto auctions with other muscle car makers selling into mid 6 figures and they have made a lot more of those models than the Z28.

Yeah the market is quite crazy.

SIM GhostrdrZ 10-27-2020 03:32 PM

There’s a Z28, red hot in Tennessee, I believe, for $38k. It’s 52k miles and damage history with the incorrect Z28 wheels. But if your planning on racing it then those things may not matter to you.

SIM GhostrdrZ 10-27-2020 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Says no accidents. But I never take websites word for it on damage.

Z28Ruthless 10-27-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ (Post 10892804)
Says no accidents. But I never take websites word for it on damage.

I looked at that one. All I will say right now is if everything checks out on this car, I found one killer deal that I can not pass up. Being here in MN I wasn't really thinking I would be buying a car right now because our weather is...well turning already ha.

SIM GhostrdrZ 10-27-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z28Ruthless (Post 10892825)
I looked at that one. All I will say right now is if everything checks out on this car, I found one killer deal that I can not pass up. Being here in MN I wasn't really thinking I would be buying a car right now because our weather is...well turning already ha.

My Z is already bundled up in the garage for the winter(all 7+ months of it) so I understand that. Good luck and show us plenty of pics when you get her.