CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Just bought the Edelbrock E Force 3.6L SC Kit (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565285)

dgriff14 11-15-2019 05:27 PM

Just bought the Edelbrock E Force 3.6L SC Kit

After much deliberation, I’ve pulled the trigger and bought it! It ships today and should be here in about 3-5 days. Got some busy weekends ahead of me, but I’m hoping to get this installed (myself with some help of others) as soon as possible.

I’ll be posting information that’s hopefully helpful to other people here in regards to before and after, initial thoughts/feelings, etc. Probably upload some exhaust, engine bay, drive by videos to my IG or YouTube. Who knows.

But here’s to waiting! :happy0180:

cellsafemode 11-15-2019 11:29 PM

manual or auto?

with the auto, i'd be concerned about traction ...was eyeing up SS auto rears ...since it would be the same gear ratio, built to handle much more hp than the v6, so no chance of breaking and it's practically drop-in (with axles)

though, i suppose you can always wait and see and go lsd later.

dgriff14 11-16-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10661760)
manual or auto?

with the auto, i'd be concerned about traction ...was eyeing up SS auto rears ...since it would be the same gear ratio, built to handle much more hp than the v6, so no chance of breaking and it's practically drop-in (with axles)

though, i suppose you can always wait and see and go lsd later.

Auto. And I didn’t know they had the same ratios. I may have to look into that. I just bought new wheels and tires (275 front, 305 rear) and I thought that would be enough lol

wookwook 11-16-2019 07:35 AM

subscribed!

arpad_m 11-16-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgriff14 (Post 10661822)
Auto. And I didn’t know they had the same ratios. I may have to look into that. I just bought new wheels and tires (275 front, 305 rear) and I thought that would be enough lol

Heh, you didn't muck around for sure, standard SS sizes would've sufficed, but this way the look will be much more sinister :thumbsup:

somedude 11-16-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgriff14 (Post 10661616)
After much deliberation, I’ve pulled the trigger and bought it! It ships today and should be here in about 3-5 days. Got some busy weekends ahead of me, but I’m hoping to get this installed (myself with some help of others) as soon as possible.

I’ll be posting information that’s hopefully helpful to other people here in regards to before and after, initial thoughts/feelings, etc. Probably upload some exhaust, engine bay, drive by videos to my IG or YouTube. Who knows.

But here’s to waiting! :happy0180:

:thumbup::pop2: can you post pictures or video of the install? that would be great!

dgriff14 11-16-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10661856)
Heh, you didn't muck around for sure, standard SS sizes would've sufficed, but this way the look will be much more sinister :thumbsup:

Hahaha this ain’t a game, my friend! And I looove the look so far, I’ll have to get some shots of the back. It’s awesome seeing the extra width underneath lol

dgriff14 11-16-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somedude (Post 10662096)
:thumbup::pop2: can you post pictures or video of the install? that would be great!

I’ll see if I can grab some pics. Maybe videos if someone lets me borrow like a GoPro or something lolol

JakeF_RS 11-16-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10661856)

You'd seriously have to feather the throttle to get a decent launch on 275 rears. I have 275s on my NA v6 and I can light them up pretty good, but I do have a high stall converter.

cellsafemode 11-22-2019 04:36 PM

my bank account is sooo lucky nobody is running any black friday sales on this.

so lucky.

dgriff14 11-22-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10665889)
my bank account is sooo lucky nobody is running any black friday sales on this.

so lucky.

Oh, but they are lol. That’s why I pulled the trigger now. Just got it slightly ahead of time lol

cellsafemode 11-22-2019 09:49 PM

Only thing I've seen is free shipping, but I could pick up the thing at Edelbrock after work for free too.

Haven't really seen anything else yet

dgriff14 11-23-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10666027)
Only thing I've seen is free shipping, but I could pick up the thing at Edelbrock after work for free too.

Haven't really seen anything else yet

To my knowledge, it should be announced early this week. But damn, that’s awesome. Way better than waiting a week for it lol. Free shipping is great too but I just hate waiting lol

cellsafemode 11-25-2019 09:38 AM

I'm keeping my eye open at edelbrock .... best I've seen so far is a discount code for 5% off. Was hoping to hold out for a better one :) rdp is running some kind of custom discount code thing so not sure what they offer, since they dont accept paypal it's not really on my list of store options.