CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   LED Turn Signals? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564832)

Stingray_2014 11-06-2019 11:59 AM

LED Turn Signals?

Has anybody replaced their regular front turn-signals with an LED part? I am looking for something that is plug and play and doesn't need the resistor installed by hand. If so, do you have a link or a part number?

Thanks!

anukula 11-06-2019 03:31 PM

This is what I ordered by seeing the link on someone's post and works perfectly

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

harner 11-07-2019 07:39 AM

Are you referring to the bulb next to the headlight? How difficult is that to get to?

nicktechla 11-07-2019 08:36 AM

Check out VLEDs. I was thinking about doing the same :D

Boo 11-07-2019 09:06 AM

It isnt hard just a little tedious. Once you do one the others are much easier. There are a couple of videos on this. Just a word of warning...i got the Oracle painted markers...they are NFG blend perfectly into car. However...after about 18 months some of the bulbs flicker...just in the front markers. The backs are fine but now it is hit or miss if all the led bulbs light up or not. Im not sure if this is common but Diode makes them as well.

Stingray_2014 11-07-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anukula (Post 10655901)
This is what I ordered by seeing the link on someone's post and works perfectly

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Darn. Out of stock. I will see if I can find them elsewhere. Thanks!

Stingray_2014 11-07-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harner (Post 10656220)
Are you referring to the bulb next to the headlight? How difficult is that to get to?

Yes. The actual turn signals on the front of the car next to the headlamp. I don't mind some of the other lights not being LED but this one bothers me for some reason.

I think you may need to remove the airbox to get to one of the bulbs, or at least move it out of the way. I am hoping it's not too hard since the stock bulbs will eventually wear out.

Mark R 11-07-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo (Post 10656271)
It isnt hard just a little tedious. Once you do one the others are much easier. There are a couple of videos on this. Just a word of warning...i got the Oracle painted markers...they are NFG blend perfectly into car. However...after about 18 months some of the bulbs flicker...just in the front markers. The backs are fine but now it is hit or miss if all the led bulbs light up or not. Im not sure if this is common but Diode makes them as well.

I had the same problem and sent one of my front markers back to them and they fixed it for free.

minn19 11-07-2019 10:53 AM

I just installed Diode Dynamics reflector kit (they look much better by the way/easy to do also). But, I'm surprised they don't have much else listed for Camaros in general for LED replacement bulbs.

anukula 11-07-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray_2014 (Post 10656284)
Yes. The actual turn signals on the front of the car next to the headlamp. I don't mind some of the other lights not being LED but this one bothers me for some reason.

I think you may need to remove the airbox to get to one of the bulbs, or at least move it out of the way. I am hoping it's not too hard since the stock bulbs will eventually wear out.

Hardly takes about 5 mins to change both of them. when you open the hood, you can see the side lights. just a twist and pull. But be carefull, you insert the LED tight into the socket. or else if it falls in that cabin, very hard to get it out

Boo 11-07-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark R (Post 10656343)
I had the same problem and sent one of my front markers back to them and they fixed it for free.

Thank you...i considered doing the same...but i had the car wrapped including their markers about a year after install. I should call them. Thank you

harner 11-07-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks - I felt the same way recently about the reverse lights and ended up getting the Gen5DIY harness/bulbs lol.

arpad_m 11-07-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray_2014 (Post 10656281)
Darn. Out of stock. I will see if I can find them elsewhere. Thanks!

Yeah, these units tend to be either short production runs or companies reselling overstocked parts and then abandoning the product. I've been running these for over a year now, they're perfect, no heat issues, no hyperflashing, but have been unavailable since last summer... so I bought this other set for future replacement.

Quote:

No need to remove the airbox, there is only a rubber flap on top of the headlight assembly that you can pull back, then you'll be able to reach the driver side turn signal bulb.

Hot454 11-08-2019 07:46 AM

I have had these in for over a year now. They work great and are pretty bright. Hopefully the link below works. If not, search Amazon for:

SiriusLED 7440 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Yellow Orange Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal only 7440A T20 W21W Pack of 2 (Upgrade Version)