CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Stock Dual-Mode Exhaust on Back Order; Time To Switch? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573166)

GM Lifer 04-08-2020 07:57 PM

Stock Dual-Mode Exhaust on Back Order; Time To Switch?

1 Attachment(s)
When I got rear-ended a month ago, my stock dual-mode exhaust was ruined. Car's been at the body shop and I'm told it's nearly done . . . only they can't lay their hands on a stock exhaust, and I was adamant about their using only OEM GM parts. Evidently the factory that makes that exhaust is closed right now and it's on back order, so how long my car sits at the body shop awaiting an exhaust is anybody's guess.

So . . . do I venture into the realm of the myriad aftermarket choices? I love how the stock exhaust sounds. I wouldn't want to choose an exhaust that makes my car sound unrecognizable. Input welcome.

Ventmaster 04-08-2020 09:21 PM

Oh man- that pic's a heart breaker! Surely they could find a salvage yard with everything you need and save you a few bucks too? Gotta be a recent wreck with just front end damage.

If not, I'd be patient and wait for an OE part. That NPP is worth it IMHO. :nod:
With the mods I've made (Borla 60606- (2nd cat delete), crush pipe delete) it would be too loud without GM's amazing valve system to keep things on the "down-low" with small throttle openings and then still be able to raise Cain when you put the hammer down!

Now with GM's CAI and Velossa Tech's big mouth ram air, its too much fun to be legal... which I guess it isn't, but thanks to the NPP valving if you stay smart nobody knows! That is til you turn on the RevMatch and wake'em up... :confused0068:
Good luck!

z28pat 04-08-2020 09:21 PM

Borla s type is what I would choose.

supersportss 04-08-2020 09:24 PM

Ditto on the s type

Abubaca 04-08-2020 11:00 PM

If you WANT the NPP, and love the sound, I'd find one. Are you able to go used? I kept mine, but I want to keep it just in case. Plenty of 'em out there used with hardly any wear and tear on 'em. Some of 'em are take offs, never having been titled before removal.

But personally, I don't care for it so I'd go aftermarket!!!!:thumbup:

jaybee924 04-09-2020 01:43 AM

Flowmaster NPP axleback and their flowmaster X-pipe. Might be your cheapest option. Go to vendor juiced motorsports and use Camaro6 promo code or look at the stainless works cat back. It deletes the secondary cats all the way to the tips.

6spdhyperblue 04-09-2020 05:45 AM

Borla s type

GM Lifer 04-09-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 10763077)
If you WANT the NPP, and love the sound, I'd find one. Are you able to go used?

That's not a bad idea--find someone who replaced his stock exhaust.

Abubaca 04-10-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

That's not a bad idea--find someone who replaced his stock exhaust.

There are 3 local to me on FB Marketplace. I know that doesn't necessarily help YOU....but point is they should be out there.:wave:

GM Lifer 04-21-2020 12:23 PM

This has been decided for me, it turns out. The body shop was able to track down a new stock exhaust somewhere on the east coast. Should be here next week, and I'll finally get my car back after a month-and-a-half.