CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Switch v6 to ss front end (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556137)

Bumbleboy92 06-23-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT4Greg (Post 10552438)
If you put a SS or ZL1 front clip on a V6 model Camaro it won’t make worth more in value! The vin number tells the story of the car and that’s what the dealers and insurance companies go by. But to each his own and I too think people who do this are posers that are trying to make their car into something it’s not.

I don't believe he's trying to up his value. I'm sure everyone's values have dropped, he just enjoys the customizing part which makes him happy. I guess it ends up like you said, to each their own.

Amanjot 06-24-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neymar (Post 10551809)
Dude I have a 2016 rs and I put the zl1 front end on it as well as the 305 30 20 wheel set up and also the zl1 1pe wing on my car and I have rs badges all over it’s not about being a poser it’s about what looks good and just because it’s a 6 cylinder doesn’t mean it has to look like shit because when my car was basic it looked like shit, and I have the 2lt rs but that’s just my opinion man but do as you please, guys are still gonna say “it’s a v6” 😂 lol but do what makes you happy man

Bro do you have a instagram? I have been thinking about getting a wing but I want to see how it looks.

ron8879 06-25-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Dude I have a 2016 rs and I put the zl1 front end on it as well as the 305 30 20 wheel set up and also the zl1 1pe wing on my car and I have rs badges all over it’s not about being a poser it’s about what looks good and just because it’s a 6 cylinder doesn’t mean it has to look like shit because when my car was basic it looked like shit, and I have the 2lt rs but that’s just my opinion man but do as you please, guys are still gonna say “it’s a v6” 😂 lol but do what makes you happy man

your 6 looks good! I'm surprised 305 fit in the rear honestly. I am doing the 275/245 set up soon. I want to keep mine with chevy pieces....plus the wife does have a budget I'm allowed to work on.....keeps her from spending tons on scrap booking too LOL. We will see where it goes with availability of parts and money....plus I was trying to figure out how to get a hood to the dealership since I have nothing that can haul it......one upgrade at a time haha

ron8879 06-25-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT4Greg (Post 10552438)
If you put a SS or ZL1 front clip on a V6 model Camaro it won’t make worth more in value! The vin number tells the story of the car and that’s what the dealers and insurance companies go by. But to each his own and I too think people who do this are posers that are trying to make their car into something it’s not.

I'm not looking for the value increase. I'm very happy with my 6 and npp exhaust....sounds good and gets 30mpg...... again, its just about appearance preference. I have desire to place SS emblems or more on my car. i do respect your opinion on the idea though. I just struggle with the idea of how this idea is different from those with SS models who do ZL1 front ends or decide to add ZL1 wheels and ground effects. :iono:

chris227 07-17-2019 06:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sema grill is the way to go. I thought about the SS front end but decided I much prefer the verticle Running lights compared the horizontal ones.

ron8879 07-18-2019 04:47 PM

looks very sharp.

gsxrinthe9s 07-18-2019 05:21 PM

There is nothing wrong with modding your car how you want. Its your car and your money
Why should you care what anyone thinks.
If you like a certain look go for it

oldman 07-19-2019 12:33 AM

Quote:

Amen bro:clap2:

Rayvan 07-19-2019 12:35 PM

Do what you want, short of the logos.
Back in the day, I put GTO wheels, and a '70 GTO front end on my '72 LeMans (No logos), I just liked the look (I'd found a wrecked (rear-ended) GTO in a wrecking-yard to get the parts. Got all the parts needed to install a Muncie 4-speed too!), Nobody ever admonished me for it, as I never tried to pass it off it a GTO.

Quix 07-21-2019 08:13 AM

I have no idea why you'd do this, but if you do, Gen5DIY has good instructions on how to remove the front of the car. I replaced my headlights with the RS headlights, it took several hours and I'd recommend having a second person to help align the bumper cover/front end assembly at the end. It makes it much easier. It's not hard to do if you're methodical, but there are a lot of hex and torx u-bolts to keep track of.

Spudsmaro 07-22-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron8879 (Post 10540896)
so I'm trying to decide if I want to get the sema grill in black to sport up the front end of my V6 or if it would almost be as easy to just place an SS front end on......so my question is, has anyone done this and if so how complicated is it? :thanks:

Ive seen v6 with the zl1 style bumper it actually makes more sense because the SS has sideways fog lights on top of the air gap where the v6 and zl1 has fog lights that are in a straight position so the zl1 is prolly more compatible. (Idk the difference between horizontal and vertical) lol

ron8879 07-23-2019 10:45 AM

I think I've decided to go with the sema grill when $$ allows. My wife is a fan of my current light setup. I will still be exploring the V8 hood down the road though :) Thank you all for the feedback and conversation on the subject.