CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   2016 Camaro SS Shudder (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537071)

Bayles76 08-24-2018 09:03 AM

2016 Camaro SS Shudder

After almost a year of ownership and taking as best as care of it as i can it finally happened. I bought the car with 7,xxx miles on the clock and for a great deal with the options it has and have been bragging around the facebook group that I have never had any Shudder issues with my A8.

:facepalm: Whelp.. It seems it's my time to shine. :cry:

Just as the car rolled over 25,000 miles on my way home from a few hour road trip I started to feel it. It started gently and now its properly shaking. It follows the criteria on the TSB perfectly so it is getting dropped off at the dealership tomorrow.

The car shakes and shudders from 20-65 *I didn't want to push it any faster with this issue* under light acceleration. Also, the car shifts more violent and slips from time to time. I would imagine as bad as it seems now it's going straight to a TC replacement but I will keep this thread updated with what happens.

P.S. I printed out all the service bulletins i could find talking about this issue. My dealership said they have had issues with the A8 but not commonly from the Camaro, more from the trucks and other cars. (They don't sell a lot of performance stuff there, i worked there for a couple years).

Wonkymom 08-24-2018 06:08 PM

Mine just went in last week and all they did was the flush. Now 800 miles later it still does shudder it’s just less harsh if that makes sense and I know I’ll be fighting the dealership as they already said to me well we’ve never had one come back after the flush after I asked them what the next step was going to be!
So sick of fighting dealers-
Paying $700+ month on a car payment the damn thing should not have these issues or at least I should not have to deal with the run arounds from these dealerships!
They pass everything off as runs normal or can’t replicate problem-
I do hope you don’t have to jump through hoops to get yours fixed!!!

JoeCamaro444 08-24-2018 07:17 PM

Mine is a 2017 1SS, bought it 14 months ago. Just turned 3400 miles on the car, and shudder is present at all times now. Started out of nowhere a few weeks ago with a shudder every now and then. Now it’s every drive. It’s going in in a week for it. Letting her sit until then. I will bring printout of tsb with me of course just in case dealer tries to claim ignorance.

Bwright4 08-24-2018 07:39 PM

I am at 15000 on 2016 2ss. Guess not if but when. Cant get my dealer to act till shudder happens. Thinking of trading for A 10 or 2019 vette before issue happens or just wait since under 60000/5 year warranty. Seems many manufacturers having transmission issues these days , especially 8 speed. My wife wants new large suv this year and we have no idea what to buy thats not having issues of some kind. Makes me want to look at leasing next time . Never believed in leasing before .

keon718nyc 08-24-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwright4 (Post 10292673)
I am at 15000 on 2016 2ss. Guess not if but when.

Mine started recently at around 15,400 miles (not to jinx ya) :biggrin:. After my vacation i will be dropping it off to see what they will do. I have a few more months on my lease then i am done with this A8 crap. Was great up till this point and only now i can complain.

Calvear0 08-25-2018 12:10 AM

I have a 2016 1ss with 25k Miles. I’m afraid I have the shudder. Can any one can guide me to where to get the tsb?

arpad_m 08-25-2018 12:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvear0 (Post 10292870)
I have a 2016 1ss with 25k Miles. I’m afraid I have the shudder. Can any one can guide me to where to get the tsb?

Here's the last version I have, from Sep 2017.

JoeCamaro444 08-25-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10292882)
Here's the last version I have, from Sep 2017.

Awesome! Thank you for posting this today. Copied this to have with me next week, when I bring her into the dealer.

Kise 08-25-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonkymom (Post 10292611)
Mine just went in last week and all they did was the flush. Now 800 miles later it still does shudder it’s just less harsh if that makes sense and I know I’ll be fighting the dealership as they already said to me well we’ve never had one come back after the flush after I asked them what the next step was going to be!
So sick of fighting dealers-
Paying $700+ month on a car payment the damn thing should not have these issues or at least I should not have to deal with the run arounds from these dealerships!
They pass everything off as runs normal or can’t replicate problem-
I do hope you don’t have to jump through hoops to get yours fixed!!!

same, "couldn't replicate problem, runs as normal" aka lazy ass dealers who don't want to do warranty work. gives GM a terrible name.

Markst 08-25-2018 05:39 PM

Been in for almost 2 weeks now...replacing TC...did the triple flush twice..first time at about 20000 miles...second time with the upgraded fluid at 30000 miles...now at 32500

aldaran 08-26-2018 01:27 PM

This issue really brings me down. I had the TC replaced the first time because the dealer stated it had internal damage when the shudder started, but I know that's not going to solve the issue. It ran smooth for a couple of months, hell I think its been about a year but now the harsh shifting is starting again and the shudder will soon follow. I can't believe that this issue cannot be solved by GM. Something needs to change in the A8.

Bayles76 08-27-2018 05:25 PM

-UPDATE-

I just got a call from the service manager. She said that the tech working on my car drove it and felt it everywhere across the board (as i mentioned in the op). So he did the triple flush today and are going to let it sit overnight and drive it again tomorrow when it's cold. She said if it still shows sign of it then they will move to replacing the torque converter.

As bad as it was shaking when i dropped it off I would imagine they will be replacing it but I will give an update in the morning with their findings on the flush.

I heard that there is a new fluid they are using with the correct friction modifier in it that is supposedly the root of all the trouble in the A8's. That's why there has been a lot of people in the last year or two getting the flush and or a replacement TC and the issue comes back. They have been using the wrong fluid/friction modifier. I will find a link to it and post it in here if I can find it again.

zirad54 08-27-2018 06:33 PM

mine just went in last week for the trani flush at just under 7k miles (plus some other work). I hope this cures it but the service manager is already talking about bringing it back in as soon as it acts up again so we can knock out another flush and move to the TC.

Gunkk 08-27-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayles76 (Post 10295106)
I heard that there is a new fluid they are using with the correct friction modifier in it that is supposedly the root of all the trouble in the A8's. That's why there has been a lot of people in the last year or two getting the flush and or a replacement TC and the issue comes back. They have been using the wrong fluid/friction modifier. I will find a link to it and post it in here if I can find it again.

Check out Al’s response in the Ask Al forum. He explains it pretty well.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133