CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Texas running air conditioner (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456545)

Bigmike285 06-15-2016 02:54 PM

Texas running air conditioner

Has anyone having this problem I live in Texas and it's hot when I run the air my windshield fogs up I have to turn the wipers on to clear the windshield every few minutes crazy

10redrocket 06-15-2016 03:04 PM

That's because the humidity is condensing on the cool windshield.
Try not blowing air on windshield, just use the vents.

Bigmike285 06-15-2016 06:27 PM

Yes I only run the vents

LesserO2Evils 06-17-2016 09:06 PM

Texas bro. Comes w/the territory.

k818mn1 06-22-2016 11:27 AM

I do not have this problem in my car, and I've been using the A/C a lot this past week.

Wheel Team 6 06-22-2016 11:55 AM

Fogging windshield

I am in Tampa Florida and have this problem. I love this car but the windshield fogging up when running ac is driving me crazy. Dealer can't figure out why. GM doesn't have a recall for it as of last week when I left my dealership. Ac on with dash vents only and it looks like a large pizza splattered on the middle of my windshield. Absolutely ridiculous.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-23-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 (Post 9165000)
I am in Tampa Florida and have this problem. I love this car but the windshield fogging up when running ac is driving me crazy. Dealer can't figure out why. GM doesn't have a recall for it as of last week when I left my dealership. Ac on with dash vents only and it looks like a large pizza splattered on the middle of my windshield. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hi Wheel Team 6,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this concern with your windshield while using your A/C. We understand how this could be upsetting during the hot summer months and would like to reach out to your dealership for more details on your vehicle.

Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and the servicing dealership.

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-23-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmike285 (Post 9152438)
Has anyone having this problem I live in Texas and it's hot when I run the air my windshield fogs up I have to turn the wipers on to clear the windshield every few minutes crazy

This is far from what we like to hear, Bigmike285. We apologize for any frustration in result of your fog concern and would like to look into this further. Have you contacted your dealership yet? If not, we’d like to research your concern with them. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and preferred dealership if this interests you.

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care

MrChrisLS3 06-24-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils (Post 9157282)
Texas bro. Comes w/the territory.

No kiddin', the humidity is so thick down here, the air has puddles in it.

Blue's SS 06-24-2016 10:54 AM

All 3 of the 5th Gen Camaros my wife and I have owned had this same issue.

bryguycbr 07-01-2016 07:23 PM

I had the same issue, happened the days it rained, now that the days are hot and dry, hasn't been back.

Bosun68 07-01-2016 07:34 PM

Glad I did a search on here and others with the SAME issue I have. Absolutely love my car but in the mornings on the way into the base I'm running my wipers so I can see what the MPs are directing us to do. It's so bad that I only the a/c up until it starts fogging the windshield then I turn it off and roll the windows down. And in uniform it's not any fun!

bryguycbr 07-02-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 9166974)
This is far from what we like to hear, Bigmike285. We apologize for any frustration in result of your fog concern and would like to look into this further. Have you contacted your dealership yet? If not, we’d like to research your concern with them. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and preferred dealership if this interests you.

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care

This morning, 07/02/2016, mine did it, coming back from wash, when I get my first oil change, I'll mention to the dealer about this, I only have 3500 miles and it will take some time to build up to 7500 miles, If Stonebriar Chevrolet in Frisco, TX wants to evaluate why this is happening, I don't mind leaving my car there for them to troubleshoot how/why this is happening. I'll stop in next week to see if they are aware of this issue.

GearheadSS 07-05-2016 04:55 PM

Does it happen in the morning? If so, that's pretty normal, especially if your car is parked outside. My trucks do it and my wife's Camaro does it. It's only in the early morning though.