Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One more question to the fbodfather =) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5930)

i3litzkrieg 08-10-2008 09:47 PM

One more question to the fbodfather =)

Do you see far from reality a 1LE camaro 2010?? , i bet this time a lot of fans would opt for that set up due to the performance, not like in the 4th gens :wave:

at least i would buy one lol :happyanim:

thanks for your attention

gunslinger 08-10-2008 10:29 PM

I think with the way that GM has been doing so far this year, I think we need to focus on sales of the base Camaro so that it can live on without fear of being canceled.

I think the upcoming Z28 (crosses fingers) will be as close to 1LE as you will get... Stiffer sway bars, stiffer springs, hopefully Koni shocks (doubtful, but an upgraded shock none the less), and Pedders has all the 1LE type bushings you will need.

The only big hinderance to the new Camaro is weight... A 4th Gen 1LE was between 3450-3550 LBS, while the new Top Dog Camaro will likely weight close to 4000 LBS if it is supercharged. (The ZR1 Supercharged Corvette weighs about 200 Lbs more than it non S/C brother).

I will probably use my 5th Gen as a DD and turn my 4th Gen into a road racer... but I still want my 5th Gen Z28 down around 3700 LBS.

Xanthos 08-10-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 110218)
I will probably use my 5th Gen as a DD and turn my 4th Gen into a road racer... but I still want my 5th Gen Z28 down around 3700 LBS.

This is a lot like me - I'll be buying a 5th gen V6 to use as a daily driver and then making a 3rd gen road racer project car. And I'll also be shooting for weight savings on my V6 - shooting for about 3600 lbs.
- Xanthos

fbodfather 08-10-2008 11:14 PM

we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................

The_Blur 08-10-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 110226)
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

:bow: I'm glad I'll be saving up for a while. Feel free the PM me about what boxes I'll need to check to get the 1LE. (Keep the 1LE as a secret option. It'll be more fun that way and only enthusiasts will order it.) :thumbsup:

shank0668 08-11-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Once that's done...................Z28.

thats what it should say

chevydude26 08-11-2008 10:55 AM

guys let them be successful with the base and ss and then they can figure out how to do better...

but you can't count your chickens before they hatch...you can't make all that investment without a promise of a return

GTAHVIT 08-11-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 110379)
thats what it should say

LOL,

+1

willisit 08-12-2008 02:54 AM

It's comforting you can get that sort of answer from the horse's mouth :)

FBod has a good point though - this Camaro has to do well on it's own merits before anything new happens (including the '28!)

2KZ28_For_Now 08-12-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willisit (Post 110779)
It's comforting you can get that sort of answer from the horse's mouth :)

FBod has a good point though - this Camaro has to do well on it's own merits before anything new happens (including the '28!)

Agreed. Except, that I think it's own merits will Supercede all expectations. The "Zxx" WILL be built. It's just a matter of WHEN and for WHAT COST?

You'd better believe the GM Insiders are betting on a "Zxx" in the 2nd year. That's what will be the "All-In" move on the "Maro Vs. Stang" Poker wars.

GM ~should~ win that bet. I Hope!!!!! :help:

i3litzkrieg 08-12-2008 03:33 AM

for your atention and kindness , thank you father :thumbup:

96CAMaro 08-12-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

This can be done by simply keeping the weight down and the price very close to that of the Mustang's. :sm0: That would definitely exceed my expectations.

RSHugger 08-12-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now (Post 110784)
Agreed. Except, that I think it's own merits will Supercede all expectations. The "Zxx" WILL be built. It's just a matter of WHEN and for WHAT COST?

You'd better believe the GM Insiders are betting on a "Zxx" in the 2nd year. That's what will be the "All-In" move on the "Maro Vs. Stang" Poker wars.

GM ~should~ win that bet. I Hope!!!!! :help:

:happyanim: Cool, someone else using the ZXX! As with many others on this forum, I agree that GM is working on the next iteration of the Camaro but is keeping its eye on a few market factors and when the time is right will let the beast out of the cage... and I will be there with open arms to take her home and unleash the fury on the unsuspecting. :confused0068:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96CAMaro (Post 110837)
This can be done by simply keeping the weight down and the price very close to that of the Mustang's. :sm0: That would definitely exceed my expectations.

Weight is something GM has tried to keep down but with the new regs it is what it is. When the Mustang comes out with their redesign you will find its curb weight increasing also. The only negative comments (SS vs RS bumpers don't count) I have heard about the Camaro have come from Dale Jr who was driving and early IVER, even before they had gone to the 'Ring for tuning. Would be interesting to hear his comments now.

Design1stCode2nd 08-12-2008 11:49 AM

From what we have all seen so far I think you will more than exceed expectations.

Lets hope gas prices keep heading south too.