CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   ADMIN, CAN WE GET A STICKY??? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438740)

NY Andrew 02-02-2016 01:22 AM

ADMIN, CAN WE GET A STICKY???

There has got to be some way for all of us to see when there are new updates or recalls for our Camaro's. Why do we have to only be able to find out when bringing it in? What if we choose to never bring it in?

So I guess where I'm going with this is (and this wouldn't be the cleanest way to do this considering it is just a forum, not Chevy's website although they should notify us about this stuff like Ford would do): we need one sticky thread that owners can share what updates they get installed and what they address or whatever other issues Chevrolet decides to fix automatically.

I currently have 4,000 miles and it says I have 46% oil life, but why do I have to wait until the oil change to see what's new and improved that I can now benefit from? It would be nice to check on here to see what's going on regarding this and then I could choose to bring my car in early.

I think this would benefit the whole community :thumb:

TooCool5 02-03-2016 10:55 AM

Did that on Camaro5 and it was removed for technical reasons.

MiamiBlueCamaro 02-03-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Andrew (Post 8877238)
There has got to be some way for all of us to see when there are new updates or recalls for our Camaro's. Why do we have to only be able to find out when bringing it in? What if we choose to never bring it in?

So I guess where I'm going with this is (and this wouldn't be the cleanest way to do this considering it is just a forum, not Chevy's website although they should notify us about this stuff like Ford would do): we need one sticky thread that owners can share what updates they get installed and what they address or whatever other issues Chevrolet decides to fix automatically.

I currently have 4,000 miles and it says I have 46% oil life, but why do I have to wait until the oil change to see what's new and improved that I can now benefit from? It would be nice to check on here to see what's going on regarding this and then I could choose to bring my car in early.

I think this would benefit the whole community :thumb:

Great idea! :clap2:

NY Andrew 02-03-2016 01:41 PM

You're kidding.. "Technical reasons"? Like data technical reasons or behind the scenes webpage technical reasons? If Chevrolet wants to stay competitive with the competition they need to step their game up. Ford would notify you via email AND provide you a download link to download the software updates on to a USB then install them in the car yourself. Chevrolet doesn't have a system even close to this yet. I'd like to say I hope they're working on something, but we'll never know. Until then we should be able to keep each other informed.

FlightSoftware 02-03-2016 02:14 PM

I wonder who sponsors this forum. Anyone know? Someone's paying for it...