CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   East Hills Chevrolet In NY Is Worthless! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550035)

keon718nyc 03-16-2019 11:51 AM

East Hills Chevrolet In NY Is Worthless!

So as some know or not i am returning my lease as it is up. I called GM financial yesterday and they told me i can bring it to any dealership in the USA to drop it off. Well funny thing is i called this morning the closest dealer East Hills Chevrolet in Douglaston, NY and was told by the sales lady that they have no room for any lease returns. This was after she asked if i originally got the car from them. I knew they would try to pull this type of BS and reason being i called once a while ago to get rear diff service and they told me they had no availability and to take it to my original dealer where i got it. This was on more then one occasion i was told this shit (we are booked up this month). I get the feeling they only want to work on cars purchased/leased there. Dealer where i leased the car from would take it back Monday after i called but its a trip for me and uber isnt cheap the ride home.

So i was trying to leave it with a dealer local but seems this is issue, at least with East Hills Chevrolet. Stay away from this dealer and look at their reviews before you ever think of going there. I am calling them out on their crap here just for you all to know if you live around here or think to deal with them.

East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston
Chevrolet dealer in Queens, New York

NYJets12 03-16-2019 11:58 AM

Most dealers do the same thing if you don’t buy it from them screw you.

dotbowels 03-16-2019 12:11 PM

Do a dealerrater review & google etc
https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/E...n-review-4713/

Quote:

Originally Posted by keon718nyc (Post 10462534)
So as some know or not i am returning my lease as it is up. I called GM financial yesterday and they told me i can bring it to any dealership in the USA to drop it off. Well funny thing is i called this morning the closest dealer East Hills Chevrolet in Douglaston, NY and was told by the sales lady that they have no room for any lease returns. This was after she asked if i originally got the car from them. I knew they would try to pull this type of BS and reason being i called once a while ago to get rear diff service and they told me they had no availability and to take it to my original dealer where i got it. This was on more then one occasion i was told this shit (we are booked up this month). I get the feeling they only want to work on cars purchased/leased there. Dealer where i leased the car from would take it back Monday after i called but its a trip for me and uber isnt cheap the ride home.

So i was trying to leave it with a dealer local but seems this is issue, at least with East Hills Chevrolet. Stay away from this dealer and look at their reviews before you ever think of going there. I am calling them out on their crap here just for you all to know if you live around here or think to deal with them.

East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston
Chevrolet dealer in Queens, New York

keon718nyc 03-16-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotbowels (Post 10462554)
Do a dealerrater review & google etc
https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/E...n-review-4713/

Thanks for the info, Just went ahead and did that. :thumbsup:

Silverado57 03-16-2019 01:40 PM

Dealers live and die by reviews. Negative reviews really hurt them.

18LTLoveIt 03-16-2019 02:02 PM

I posted a review on dealer FB page over scuffed leather wheel on my 5th Gen Vert. They replaced the header panel & scuffed the wheel. They denied. I contacted dealer network rep, (13 dealers in Phx Valley) and Chevy Corporate. Within 3 days I got a call, steering wheel was on order. They knew I was serious to damage their reputation. Why would customer service deny and then replace? Bad taste left in my mouth. The new wheel didn't reverse my disdain. 3 weeks later I traded the car in.

JCunningham 03-17-2019 01:07 AM

dealers dont turn down work. if they are booked they are booked but they do not refuse to do service work on cars they didnt sell. warranty work they sometimes dont want to do but normal service is how they stay in business. Think about it. If they didnt sell you the car but you come there for service they are now making money off that car and possibly a new customer. Lease turn ins i believe go to auction. Maybe the dealer doesnt get much for receiving it. But its a great way to get you into the dealership to sell you a new car. maybe call back and speak to someone else. the person you spoke too may have been there last day.

appleman22 03-17-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt (Post 10462620)
I posted a review on dealer FB page over scuffed leather wheel on my 5th Gen Vert. They replaced the header panel & scuffed the wheel. They denied. I contacted dealer network rep, (13 dealers in Phx Valley) and Chevy Corporate. Within 3 days I got a call, steering wheel was on order. They knew I was serious to damage their reputation. Why would customer service deny and then replace? Bad taste left in my mouth. The new wheel didn't reverse my disdain. 3 weeks later I traded the car in.

Yet you went and got yourself another camaro ?? :sm0:

Lanzz 03-17-2019 11:45 AM

Very few decent Chevy dealers in metro NYC. Was one of the reasons I did not replace my 2000 Camaro SS with another Chevy - too hard to get decent service.

keon718nyc 03-17-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzz (Post 10463266)
Very few decent Chevy dealers in metro NYC. Was one of the reasons I did not replace my 2000 Camaro SS with another Chevy - too hard to get decent service.

Very true indeed. Not the reason i didn't go back with Chevy but in back of my mind it rests there on that fact.. LOL. Also i am not going to be around the bush but the same goes with Dodge dealers in my area. My luck with service departments/dealers regardless where i got it in NY sucks! I got a great deal while away in Florida on a Challenger 392 Shaker. The deals and incentives they offered there were far off in better terms of what they quoted me here back in NY. So i picked my car up in Delray Beach and drove it home the following day.

18LTLoveIt 03-17-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appleman22 (Post 10463110)

Yep, hardtop this time & diff Chevy dealer.

NYblack1le 03-17-2019 08:20 PM

Bought both of my 1LE’s at east hills. Sales staff was excellent and got a great deal both times around. Sorry to hear about you’re experience.

keon718nyc 03-17-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYblack1le (Post 10463655)
Bought both of my 1LE’s at east hills. Sales staff was excellent and got a great deal both times around. Sorry to hear about you’re experience.

Thanks! Glad to hear they take care of their customers who purchase cars from them at least. I just got a bad taste in my mouth from the way i was put off 2 times for service and now the BS lease return crap.

Tomorrow is a sad day as the Camaro is going back to the original dealer for turn in. Was a great car in many ways and i will miss it a lot!

karmatourer 03-17-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appleman22 (Post 10463110)

And that's funny because?