CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Ordering parts in Canada (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578004)

Cyrus 07-02-2020 11:03 AM

Ordering parts in Canada

Just wondering where any fellow Canadian's are ordering their OEM and aftermarket parts from ? Trying to avoid ordering from US just too costly and horrible shipping times. Particularly looking for the OEM smoked tail lights and third brake light as well as the Diode Sidemarkers.

Whitespeed 07-02-2020 11:44 AM

For OEM GM parts, Canadian sources are typically cheaper then buying from the US. GM does not simply add the exchange rate to the US prices. They have Canada specific pricing. On a few occasions, I've actually paid less in Canadian dollars than the US price. Check with local Chevy parts departments. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who will give you a discount. Also check Canadian online GM parts suppliers, although the shipping charges can get expensive.

For aftermarket parts coming from the US, crossborderpickups.ca may help. You're near Ottawa, so obviously picking up a package in the GTA doesn't help. But they can also forward the package within Canada which may still be cheaper than shipping direct from the US.

Paintslinger16 07-02-2020 01:07 PM

When you able to cross, I know Ogdensburg NY right across the boarder has a drop shipping addresses. Depends how big the parts are, on what’s feasible to deliver that way I imagine

Cyrus 07-02-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitespeed (Post 10821595)
For OEM GM parts, Canadian sources are typically cheaper then buying from the US. GM does not simply add the exchange rate to the US prices. They have Canada specific pricing. On a few occasions, I've actually paid less in Canadian dollars than the US price. Check with local Chevy parts departments. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who will give you a discount. Also check Canadian online GM parts suppliers, although the shipping charges can get expensive.

For aftermarket parts coming from the US, crossborderpickups.ca may help. You're near Ottawa, so obviously picking up a package in the GTA doesn't help. But they can also forward the package within Canada which may still be cheaper than shipping direct from the US.

Thanks for the info. I'm only about 90mins from Ogdensburg NY I know they provide a border pickup option there.

Cyrus 07-02-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 (Post 10821650)
When you able to cross, I know Ogdensburg NY right across the boarder has a drop shipping addresses. Depends how big the parts are, on what’s feasible to deliver that way I imagine

Thanks ya Ogdensburg has something called myusaddress I think.

Camaro_QC 07-02-2020 06:50 PM

If not just go to Cornwall, there's a place in Messina called The Ship It Shop. I used to get everything sent there and then I was crossing the borders and paying the taxes. Really easy. And if you are lucky shipping is free within the US.

Hope the borders will open soon.