CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Beginner hp tuners issue (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565412)

Booher 11-18-2019 05:37 PM

Beginner hp tuners issue

Hey guys, I went to put a tune on my car and a licensing window popped up. I picked the car for 4 credits leaving the single one alone, then i hit write. Well, silly me, it was still the stock file, so nothing happened. I loaded up the right file and go to write, and vehicle licensing pops back up again, but now only that single credit is an option, the car option is gone, and I cannot write a file. Do I need to buy a 5th credit for this gm_fscm_f to flash my car?

Joshinator99 11-18-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booher (Post 10663147)
Hey guys, I went to put a tune on my car and a licensing window popped up. I picked the car for 4 credits leaving the single one alone, then i hit write. Well, silly me, it was still the stock file, so nothing happened. I loaded up the right file and go to write, and vehicle licensing pops back up again, but now only that single credit is an option, the car option is gone, and I cannot write a file. Do I need to buy a 5th credit for this gm_fscm_f to flash my car?

If you want to flash the FSCM as well, it is one additional credit. You can flash just the ECM with 4 credits and it’s 4 more to do the TCM (plus a physical unlock by HP Tuners). So 9 credits *total* for a ‘17-up.

Trochoidal 11-18-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 10663158)
If you want to flash the FSCM as well, it is one additional credit. You can flash just the ECM with 4 credits and it’s 4 more to do the TCM (plus a physical unlock by HP Tuners). So 9 credits *total* for a ‘17-up.

I never bought the credit for the FSCM. IIRC, isn’t there something you can’t do with the FSCM? In other words you can’t read the stock FSCM file and need to get a repository file to modify and write it after modifying?

SC88 11-18-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booher (Post 10663147)

You can't write to your car unless you read your cars file first. Did you do that? or did you have a file open from another car and attempted to write it to yours?

Booher 11-18-2019 07:48 PM

I read the car, sent the file to janetty and they sent me a file to upload to the car. When I went to flash it, it was on stock file from the car and nothing happened. I'm a manual, so should be 4 possibly 5. So, do I have to unlock fscm to write a file to my car? The option to write to the car dissapeared after I applied my 4 credits towards it and only the fscm or whatever is visible for unlock for 1 credit. Whenever I hit write in hp tuners, this icensing window pops up and nothing happens. I hope that makes sense.

Trochoidal 11-18-2019 08:43 PM

I follow along after I read what you wrote a few times.

This is a long shot but is your internet connection active while you’re trying to write?

Also when you’re writing the VIN on the screen should show your car. There’s no reference to the credits at this point.

Joshinator99 11-18-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochoidal (Post 10663209)
I never bought the credit for the FSCM. IIRC, isn’t there something you can’t do with the FSCM? In other words you can’t read the stock FSCM file and need to get a repository file to modify and write it after modifying?

Not sure what you’re asking. I read my stock FSCM program, modified it, and flashed it in after spending another credit.

Trochoidal 11-18-2019 09:36 PM

Had to look for it but this was what I was talking about in this post. The statement of "Supplied stock file" and “......as the actual file from your car can not be read via the OBD” may be throwing me off.

Talk to me Josh, did I confuse myself?:bonk:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519040

Booher 11-18-2019 09:42 PM

Yah sorry hard to explain lol, yes, I have wifi in that location, good idea though. So you're saying it takes 5 credits to tune? When i first hit write, a window popped up, it showed the car and 4 credits cost, then another thing that cost one credit, I had 4 available. I used those 4 to license the car, but now when I hit write, the single credit item is popping up, so I cant put the tune in. Do I need to purchase a 5th credit to license that as well in order to put the tune on the car?

Evil-Bee-NH 11-18-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booher (Post 10663285)
Yah sorry hard to explain lol, yes, I have wifi in that location, good idea though. So you're saying it takes 5 credits to tune? When i first hit write, a window popped up, it showed the car and 4 credits cost, then another thing that cost one credit, I had 4 available. I used those 4 to license the car, but now when I hit write, the single credit item is popping up, so I cant put the tune in. Do I need to purchase a 5th credit to license that as well in order to put the tune on the car?

If they made adjustments to the FSCM in your tune (non-stock file) then yes you will need to buy the extra 1 credit to write to your car. A lot of tuners do that because of how bad the voltage drops between shifts on the fuel pressure.

SC88 11-19-2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booher (Post 10663220)
I read the car, sent the file to janetty and they sent me a file to upload to the car. When I went to flash it, it was on stock file from the car and nothing happened. I'm a manual, so should be 4 possibly 5. So, do I have to unlock fscm to write a file to my car? The option to write to the car dissapeared after I applied my 4 credits towards it and only the fscm or whatever is visible for unlock for 1 credit. Whenever I hit write in hp tuners, this icensing window pops up and nothing happens. I hope that makes sense.

If they made changes to you FMIC then yes you will need to license it. Once you do that you should be able write to the computer

Booher 11-19-2019 05:58 AM

He never told me that he was tuning that as well, but that may be the case. His response was that I need to buy another credit to unlock the fscm to write my tune. So I'll be messing with it again after work today, thanks for the help, hopefully should be self explanatory from here.

Joshinator99 11-19-2019 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochoidal (Post 10663280)
Had to look for it but this was what I was talking about in this post. The statement of "Supplied stock file" and “......as the actual file from your car can not be read via the OBD” may be throwing me off.

Talk to me Josh, did I confuse myself?:bonk:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519040

Maybe it was due to an older version of HPT at the time that thread was created. But you can certainly read, edit, and flash your actual FSCM file through the ALDL port just like you do with the ECM.

Juiced1 11-19-2019 08:40 AM

When you first read your tune you are supposed to select do not read on the trans and fpcm. This way they only ask you for the 4 credits for modifying the ecm. Always keep these tunes separate. Let's say you decide to tune the trans. Go back and just read the trans tune and keep it as a separate file.