CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Recall #17457 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527188)

NITEMER 04-25-2018 06:51 PM

Recall #17457

1 Attachment(s)
after Spending 3 hours at my local dealer for break squeak that they didn’t fix I was informed of the following recall. Attachment 934047 . They had to order the parts which is just a protective conduit. Not a big deal. Anyway just an FYI for those who don’t know about it.

creed2 04-25-2018 08:15 PM

Thanks!11

Alain 04-25-2018 08:17 PM

Yep, this is what my 1LE had done to it this week.

there should be a section on this forum with recall and bulletin information so we can check in with it and make sure our cars are up to date.

I don't trust dealerships going the extra step to tell us about these recalls.

creed2 04-25-2018 08:19 PM

Have have a slight brake squeak on mine as well don’t hear it all the time but every now and then. I only have about 600 miles on my car and drive it on the weekends so I was thinking part of the cause was lack of driving however I will pay close attention to it now.

Alain 04-25-2018 08:22 PM

when I bought my hellcat I had a little squeak from time to time. After a year of driving (about 5k miles) the squeak went away.

the suspension parts and brake parts (amongst other components) need to settle in with each other. this only happens through use.

I only used to drive my hellcat on the weekends so it took a while for the squeak to go away. I had the same issue this week when I took the car out after being away the entire winter.

NITEMER 04-25-2018 08:39 PM

My ZL1 has almost 17k miles and it’s not a slight squeak The pads and rotors are all have tons of meat left. They squeak when warm or cold.

ReefBlueCoupe 04-25-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NITEMER (Post 10162635)
after Spending 3 hours at my local dealer for break squeak that they didn’t fix I was informed of the following recall. Attachment 932076 . They had to order the parts which is just a protective conduit. Not a big deal. Anyway just an FYI for those who don’t know about it.

Thank you for that. Probably going to fix that myself if my car is affected. Doesn't seem like there's much involved, and I don't want my car on a dealer lift.

Dethsupp0rt 04-25-2018 09:46 PM

I believe this is the issue I had a couple of weeks ago when the car all but died at a stop light and threw 4 codes related to the cam/crankshaft.

I got it restarted finally and babied it home. After it was in the garage, I went to restart it one time, and it cranked for a long time before it would start.

At that point, I figured it was the crank sensor. A couple weeks passed before I could take it to the dealer, but the day I did, it started up just fine, and drove like normal.

When I got to the dealer, they informed me of the recall, but only mentioned it was for the instrument panel flutter and false DTCs. They didn't say anything about it causing the car to stall with no crank or restart.

Instead, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car, but they'd order the parts for the recall, and if my original problem happened again they could look at it again then.

You'd think they would've read the whole thing and put 2 and 2 together, or at least mention that was likely the issue.

GrimReaperSS 04-25-2018 10:55 PM

I don't trust dealerships going the extra step to tell us about these recalls.[/QUOTE]

The manufacturer is the one who has to send out notifications about recalls. If a vehicle is at the dealership and there is an open recall, they are required to perform it. Dealerships should be running a vehicle inquiry everytime it enters the service department to check for open recalls or campaigns. I love getting vehicles that come in and they havent been to a dealer in a very long time. Either because the owner services the vehicle on their own or they only use "their guy". The car will come in usually because its now a new owner and there will be 5+ recalls or campaigns on the repair order. Every time, you're in disbelief, like "where the hell has this car been?"

soceur77 04-26-2018 04:47 AM

this thread is confusing...why are guys other than the OP talking about brakes in a recall thread that has nothing to do with brakes...lol

Chevyman2 04-26-2018 07:03 AM

Well I checked the owner center and the Gm recall site separate. As of now my 18ZL1 is not showing in the system as an open recall. My car is not affected or the system is slow to update. My car has an early build date of 7/17.

Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2018 Chevrolet Camaro
Results last updated: Apr 26, 2018

DevilsReject97 04-26-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman2 (Post 10163106)
Well I checked the owner center and the Gm recall site separate. As of now my 18ZL1 is not showing in the system as an open recall. My car is not affected or the system is slow to update. My car has an early build date of 7/17.

Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2018 Chevrolet Camaro

Same for me as well. I routinely check about once a month for this very reason...

Nsxmatt 04-26-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman2 (Post 10163106)

Because this is not a recall. The OP is mistaken, it is in fact a service bulletin which means if a customer has a problem within the warranty period they have an updated repair procedure for it with possible new parts. You'll only have recalls for safety issues.

hawk02 04-26-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsxmatt (Post 10163149)
Because this is not a recall. The OP is mistaken, it is in fact a service bulletin which means if a customer has a problem within the warranty period they have an updated repair procedure for it with possible new parts. You'll only have recalls for safety issues.

+1

The key is that this service is only covered free of charge while the vehicle is covered under the 36000/3 yr bumper to bumper warranty period.