CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   1st Speeding Ticket - Have you gotten one yet? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521056)

unavailablezl1 02-16-2018 09:31 AM

1st Speeding Ticket - Have you gotten one yet?

Two weeks ago I got my first speeding ticket. It is actually my first one in all of my sports cars. I was going up 2499 in Flower Mound and people were all around me doing the same speed. He picks me out of a crowd for 55 in a 45 mph. What a douche bag. Sure I was speeding(maybe), but at the end of the conversation he says, "really nice car".

Go figure.

BMWM.D. 02-16-2018 09:40 AM

I started running radar detectors in all my cars about 5 years ago, and haven’t gotten a ticket since. Obviously, they can’t always save you — but they give me situational awareness I need to keep myself out of trouble around here.

2K16SummitSS 02-16-2018 09:44 AM

2 since I've owned the car. Both times were under 10 over, just our local PDs taking their traffic duties waaaaayyy too seriously. I should just be thankful for not getting into more trouble with the way I drive sometimes :D

0 tickets in almost 10 years before I owned the car :lol: (Last ticket before then was in my 2000 SS....starting to notice a trend here...)

JamesNoBrakes 02-16-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 (Post 10078941)
Two weeks ago I got my first speeding ticket. It is actually my first one in all of my sports cars. I was going up 2499 in Flower Mound and people were all around me doing the same speed. He picks me out of a crowd for 55 in a 45 mph. What a douche bag. Sure I was speeding(maybe), but at the end of the conversation he says, "really nice car".

Go figure.

Doing 10 over in a dense urban/suburban area within a city, yes, that is exactly where police look for speeders. Your car stands out like a sore thumb. I drive in that part of Texas every few months, the only place I usually see people constantly going 10 over (as in more than half) is through construction zones on 35, 114, etc. Why is the police man a douche-bag because you were breaking the law?

Boost or bust 02-16-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 (Post 10078941)

Go figure.

Sounds like he used LIDAR on ya! They can pick you out of a line of cars at a great distance...

Jmueller 02-16-2018 10:13 AM

None yet. Last ticket I recieved was in my C63. I was lucky in my F-Type V8, because you can hear them from a mile away. I did get pulled over in the F-Type, but the cop just told me to "quiet down. This is a quiet community." I put the exhaust in quiet mode, left town, and put it back into normal exhaust loudness mode. Still crossing my fingers in the ZL1 as I have had to put the brakes on hard after seeing some cops, but still have been lucky.

unavailablezl1 02-16-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes (Post 10078982)
Doing 10 over in a dense urban/suburban area within a city, yes, that is exactly where police look for speeders. Your car stands out like a sore thumb. I drive in that part of Texas every few months, the only place I usually see people constantly going 10 over (as in more than half) is through construction zones on 35, 114, etc. Why is the police man a douche-bag because you were breaking the law?

Because the guy in front of me and behind me and beside me are all doing the same speed. Just had to pick me

Mr. Wyndham 02-16-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 (Post 10079019)
Because the guy in front of me and behind me and beside me are all doing the same speed. Just had to pick me

Yep. You're the "reckless hooligan" in the sports car. Happens all the time. It also gives them a chance to check and ensure the vehicle wasn't stolen (higher probability than the other cars around you).

I had an officer follow me into a convenient store parking lot, once...didn't speed, or do anything wrong. I got out and went into the store...he pulled in and boxed in my car to run the plate. Very interesting to watch as he rolled away...

In another case, a cop tailed me for over 3 miles around town...I think it took him that long to run the plate # while we were driving. Never pulled me over...but clearly was following me.

On the highway, everyone was going 62-65 mph in a 55...I was doing 62, and I know I was because I set cruise control. People WERE passing me...but I got pulled over. :iono:

Sucks, but it's part of the "experience", I guess. I often wonder, what would I do if I were them...

DangerZL1 02-16-2018 11:45 AM

Getting pulled over for less than 10 over is ridiculous, when there are plenty of people doing 10+ over. A former 911 operator said that the judge doesn't want to see anybody in court for less than 10 over in the city I live in. So far, it seems to be true.

iPODFAN11 02-16-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 10079027)
I often wonder, what would I do if I were them...

Give tickets for anything and everything in the rulebook to Mustangs and riceburners LOL.

Allez 02-16-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerZL1 (Post 10079087)
Getting pulled over for less than 10 over is ridiculous, when there are plenty of people doing 10+ over. A former 911 operator said that the judge doesn't want to see anybody in court for less than 10 over in the city I live in. So far, it seems to be true.

Around here 10 over seems to be the minimum on the highways. Saturdays and Sundays early in the morning people FLY by me.

drfeelgood 02-16-2018 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a single speeding ticket since I changed both of my license plates :)

unavailablezl1 02-16-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 10079027)
Yep. You're the "reckless hooligan" in the sports car. Happens all the time. It also gives them a chance to check and ensure the vehicle wasn't stolen (higher probability than the other cars around you).

I had an officer follow me into a convenient store parking lot, once...didn't speed, or do anything wrong. I got out and went into the store...he pulled in and boxed in my car to run the plate. Very interesting to watch as he rolled away...

In another case, a cop tailed me for over 3 miles around town...I think it took him that long to run the plate # while we were driving. Never pulled me over...but clearly was following me.

On the highway, everyone was going 62-65 mph in a 55...I was doing 62, and I know I was because I set cruise control. People WERE passing me...but I got pulled over. :iono:

Sucks, but it's part of the "experience", I guess. I often wonder, what would I do if I were them...

Yes, I kinda felt like the first guy to be picked in "dodge ball" .... "pick me, pick me!!!'

Plus, I really don't think I was speeding, could have been. But the speedo on this thing has 40, then one tick and then 60!!! My truck has 40, 45, 50, 55,...etc. Easier to notice in a flash when looking down.

Sooner Cole 02-16-2018 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just installed new radar detector, mount and hard wired into the mirror.