CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294)
-   -   Future Daily Dream Car (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581830)

silverscreamo 09-16-2020 01:09 PM

Future Daily Dream Car

To start, I am not planning to create a wild track monster out of my V6, though I plan to track it sometimes. Truthfully, I got it for general cruising and the occasional road trip with my wife when the Cruze just won't feel special enough (anniversary trips, spontaneous getaways, etc.). Still, I wanted to make this car more fun to drive than it already is. Here's what I have in mind so far...

Current Status as of 9-16-20
Bone-stock w/ FIFTY mats because those things rock

Upcoming Modifications
ACS Composite Splash Guards Installed
K&N Series 63 CAI Installed
Trifecta tune Installed
American Racing Headers down pipe kit
Ported Intake Manifold Upcoming
Overkill throttle body
BMR Adjustable Sway Bars kit
Full audio overhaul using DS18 speakers and amp Pending

Down-the-line Modifications
Wilwood drilled & slotted AERO6 front brakes
Wilwood SUPERLITE rear brakes
Edelbrock supercharger
Carbon fiber hood because... why not?

I will be doing some cosmetic changes in between as well, but mostly intend to keep things the way they are. I'm more of the low-profile sort when it comes to looks. They include...

Matte anthracite full-length stripes
Blacked out emblems (probably just going to use a bit of vinyl wrap) Done
Darkened tail lights
Smoked side marker LEDs
FIFTY illuminated door sills

kropscamaro16 09-16-2020 01:12 PM

if you are planning on tracking it why do i not see bigger swaybars or lowering springs/coilovers and smaller wheels/tires?

silverscreamo 09-16-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 (Post 10869117)
if you are planning on tracking it why do i not see bigger swaybars or lowering springs/coilovers and smaller wheels/tires?

Because I completely forgot about swaybars lol That said, I am looking at the BMR adjustable ones currently.

Haven't looked up much on wheels as yet though.

kropscamaro16 09-16-2020 02:57 PM

i have the afe power swaybars and yyz springs as for wheels and tires the smaller you go the cheaper they are and you gotta think about what tires

silverscreamo 09-16-2020 03:11 PM

I'm not expecting to track it until next summer. By then I hope to have a different setup for the wheels. Already started looking at some 17's.

Found the safe set on Phastek, but it's $600 compared to the BMR. I'd have to research a bit more to see how they compare for my needs.

By mid-Spring, if not sooner at this rate, I expect to at least have the first bit, including maybe a JacFab ported intake (still on the fence with that, though I heard a few good things about it). Researching throttle bodies too, but no decisions on that front as yet.

kropscamaro16 09-16-2020 04:15 PM

17s" might too small i know on the ss/zl1 18s are normally the smallest you can go

silverscreamo 09-17-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 (Post 10869223)
17s" might too small i know on the ss/zl1 18s are normally the smallest you can go

Did not know that... I must have looked something up wrong. Thanks!

silverscreamo 10-12-2020 06:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally managed to install the cai this past Saturday morning. A bit of rain did put things on pause briefly, but my bigger problem was, surprisingly, my computer.

It completely died on me two weeks back. I couldn't find a decent pre-built one that met my needs, so I ended up building my own again that same Saturday. Unfortunately, that cut into my savings for the car parts, so I'll have to push that back to... no idea when now. Hoping for the throttle body, intake manifold, and tune before '21 though. We'll see...

Here are the before and after shots:

silverscreamo 10-19-2020 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Popped the adrenaline red knee pads in. Have yet to replace the car seat covers but they're holding up fine for now and at least all the red matches.

silverscreamo 11-23-2020 10:21 AM

So because of unexpected financial constraints, I resorted to doing some more cosmetic changes instead for now.

Got the rims done in satin black and added the claw mark decal. Not much but love the look.

Here is just with the decal first:
https://i.imgur.com/n4t03rf.jpg

Here is with the newly painted rims:
https://i.imgur.com/ogpodAE.jpg

This Thanksgiving break I'll be installing smoked-out sidelights.

Next up will hopefully be the ported intake manifold, straight pipes, and a tune, but that will be dependent on a few other things coming through first, unfortunately.

silverscreamo 12-01-2020 03:44 PM

Hope everyone had a pleasant holiday!
Here are the blacked-out sidelights. The car's become a real head-turner already in my neighborhood!

https://i.imgur.com/qNvMeAq.jpg

They are LEDs that run the length of the marker instead of just one bulb. Here they are turned out (forgot about getting a shot later that night)

https://i.imgur.com/zwaoMNh.jpg

Fraxum 12-17-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverscreamo (Post 10869148)
Because I completely forgot about swaybars lol That said, I am looking at the BMR adjustable ones currently.

Haven't looked up much on wheels as yet though.

They can be noisy. But just my expience on the 5th gens.

silverscreamo 10-04-2021 08:31 AM

So thanks to being in a better financial situation after some unexpected... whatnot... I'm going on a bit of a shopping spree. I purchased the Trifecta tune package, will be purchasing the ported intake manifold this week, and hopefully the overkill throttle body as well.

Just spent this past weekend installing the blacked-out badges and some internal tweaks. Next weekend, I'll be taking it to get an estimate on a full wrap. Either the paint is ridiculously thin on this car, or... well, I don't know what else it could be... So I'm hoping getting the hood wrapped at least will protect the paint a bit better.

arpad_m 10-05-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverscreamo (Post 11079822)
So thanks to being in a better financial situation after some unexpected... whatnot... I'm going on a bit of a shopping spree. I purchased the Trifecta tune package, will be purchasing the ported intake manifold this week, and hopefully the overkill throttle body as well.

Just spent this past weekend installing the blacked-out badges and some internal tweaks. Next weekend, I'll be taking it to get an estimate on a full wrap. Either the paint is ridiculously thin on this car, or... well, I don't know what else it could be... So I'm hoping getting the hood wrapped at least will protect the paint a bit better.

The paint isn't particularly thin, I checked it with a paint gauge, the problem is how brittle the clear coat is. You as much as breathe on it and there is a mark. PPF will help with this a lot.