CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Regret Buying The LT1? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594046)

kurmaro 06-23-2021 10:56 AM

Regret Buying The LT1?

I recently financed a '21 LT1. Got it used with barely any miles on it. The price I paid for it I could have gotten a brand new 1SS or even a 2SS last year. I was too impatient to finally upgrade to a V8.

I'm just kicking myself because I do love the gauge cluster, screen, and bumper on the SS's, but there was just none near me.

I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase :smiling1:

Crushin_LT1 06-23-2021 10:59 AM

Less stuff to eventually go wrong on the LT1. I wanted cloth because summers on black leather can be brutal.

Cheaper tires if you don't go wider.

You have a more classic, stripped down style muscle car vibe.

You're still rocking a v8 camaro.

You lack the ridiculous wing the SS models have, and can now add your own.

kurmaro 06-23-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 (Post 11029387)
Less stuff to eventually go wrong on the LT1. I wanted cloth because summers on black leather can be brutal.

You are right about all of that. Less fancy stuff, less things to worry about (also a tad lighter). I can rotate the tires with no problem, and I can add the upgraded headlights, spoiler, gauge cluster and whatnot to make it feel more like a "build". I guess it's not so bad.

Jaxcam02 06-23-2021 11:19 AM

You have a super awesome v8 that is a clean slate for you to mod to your liking. And to be honest, the LT1 now has a GM splitter available to makes it look pretty good.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...ocker-package/

Dagstar 06-23-2021 11:47 AM

^^^^What he said. The splitters out for them do a lot for the front end.

hotlap 06-23-2021 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 (Post 11029387)

FYI - I still have a RS spoiler that I was trying to sell (link below). Real clean look IMO

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...70&postcount=1

Attachment 1071871

jamala00 06-23-2021 12:06 PM

Sell it and buy the car you truly wanted. Now is the best time to sell one if you are not happy. If it was me and I felt like you, I wouldn't be able to talk myself into settling for something when I wanted something else.

Sorry, I know you want people to talk you into feeling better about your choice, but when I'm buying something like a Camaro, I'm buying the one I want. If you take a bit of a loss... Lesson Learned... Still better to get into what you want, then settle... (In my opinion...!)

FarmerFran 06-23-2021 12:06 PM

I got nothing

LT1ornothing 06-23-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurmaro (Post 11029384)
I recently financed a '21 LT1. Got it used with barely any miles on it. The price I paid for it I could have gotten a brand new 1SS or even a 2SS last year. I was too impatient to finally upgrade to a V8.

I'm just kicking myself because I do love the gauge cluster, screen, and bumper on the SS's, but there was just none near me.

I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase :smiling1:

I was in a similar situation, really wanted a new 1LE but couldn't afford it comfortably. The LT1 came out and I hunted down a local new zero options 2020 LT1 that had been sitting on the lot for the better part of a year. When zero customers were at the dealer as the pandemic began, I went over and easily picked it up for just under $30K. Not the new 1LE I wanted, but no regrets as I have an affordable fun v8 sports car and I saved over $10K "settling" for an LT1.

MR2Aaron 06-23-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11029425)
Sell it and buy the car you truly wanted. Now is the best time to sell one if you are not happy. If it was me and I felt like you, I wouldn't be able to talk myself into settling for something when I wanted something else.

Sorry, I know you want people to talk you into feeling better about your choice, but when I'm buying something like a Camaro, I'm buying the one I want. If you take a bit of a loss... Lesson Learned... Still better to get into what you want, then settle... (In my opinion...!)

This. I looked at an LT1 before I bought my SS, (almost bought it) but I regularly find myself thinking "Man, I'm glad I paid the few bucks extra for this SS." The color alone was a big deal for me. I forget what color the LT1 was, but I wanted "red hot." I'm glad I held out.

You may be able to sell your LT1 to Vroom for enough that you don't really take much of a loss, anyway. Then, just sit tight for supply to come back and buy what you really want. I know that's not terribly helpful advice if you're in a situation where you need *a car,* and I'm telling you to sell your only one, with no hope of buying the one you want immediately. Still, it sounds like the SS is really what you wanted.

Village Idiot 06-23-2021 12:43 PM

Sell it and buy the spec you want. I bought a Mustang GT even though I grew up around Camaros. After I bought it I found myself continuously looking at Camaro listings, 2.5 weeks later I came home with my SS instead. No point in paying for a car you don't truly want, they're too expensive for that.

Big Lebowski 06-23-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 11029426)
I got nothing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot (Post 11029449)
Sell it and buy the spec you want. I bought a Mustang GT even though I grew up around Camaros. After I bought it I found myself continuously looking at Camaro listings, 2.5 weeks later I came home with my SS instead. No point in paying for a car you don't truly want, they're too expensive for that.

I'm in agreement. Life is too short. Get the car that makes your heart go pitter-patter...unless its an Enzo Ferrari, then maybe not. But if an SS does it for ya, I say go for it (rather than searching for ways to justify less).

If that's not in the cards... Love the one you're with! :D

Marlabuck 06-23-2021 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why regrets?...You have a beautiful sports car...love mine.https://thumbnails-photos.amazon.com...d=APSB15TWIUT0

kurmaro 06-23-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot (Post 11029449)

I'd love to, but I'd basically lose all the money I put down, and I'd have to put another down payment on the new one. I can't just throw the down payment money away like that haha.