CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Flex Fuel Kit (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506754)

J_MENIS 09-01-2017 12:33 PM

Flex Fuel Kit

Is the $150 difference between something like the EFI and Skid mark kit justifiable ?

My tuner recommends I get the DSX kit, however it is $375..

Can anyone chime in if theres a huge difference between the kits offered? Would hate to spend more money on something that will be just as reliable and function exactly the same as the cheaper counter part.

Thanks

V8SS 09-01-2017 01:30 PM

I would like to know the same

srossi5 09-01-2017 02:15 PM

I have the SMG kit and it does what it needs to
Do i just think the install is slightly more complex but can be done with basic hand tools

JFM-jr 09-01-2017 02:52 PM

I bought the EFI Tuning kit its a clean install with good fittings very happy with it

mtlforlife 09-01-2017 03:52 PM

I have the EFI too, not installed yet. If you're considering the Cordes low side fuel system, there's a disclaimer in the ad that they DSX unit is the only one that they can gurantee fitment with.

EddieM92 09-01-2017 04:29 PM

I have the skid mark getting it installed Monday I'll let u know how it goes.

1slowssm6 09-01-2017 05:36 PM

i have the efituning kit,i love it worked flawlessly installed in 20 minutes,imo its worth the money for how factory it looks and the longer fuel line thats supplied,once you add the fitting and flex sensor,imo the factory line was to bent for my liking when fuel is a big deal with DI.

RideZX6R 09-01-2017 06:08 PM

I have the skidmark kit for 4-5 months now with no issues.
Smaller company = lower overhead = less cost

For the record, the GM sensor itself is only $35 or so... the rest is hardware. Anyone inclined to do so could build a working kit for roughly $65 (maybe less) themselves.

The rest of the money in any kit is simply the ease of making it reversible/Plug-and-Play.

RideZX6R 09-01-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtlforlife (Post 9890566)
I have the EFI too, not installed yet. If you're considering the Cordes low side fuel system, there's a disclaimer in the ad that they DSX unit is the only one that they can gurantee fitment with.

To my knowledge that's because it's the only one they tested it with.

Fraxum 09-02-2017 11:17 AM

+ 1 for the EFI kit. Quality and works great.

Darth Martel 09-05-2017 12:42 PM

I was one of the first on here with a Skidmark garage kit. Still running flawlessly.

2016SSimpson 09-05-2017 01:39 PM

This is my 1st mod to be installed on my car when I get home next month. Have it sitting there already. I did lots of research and found the skid mark kit to be the best bang for the buck, they all use the same GM sensor, the differences are the harnesses and the way they connect to the fuel lines, many of them use janky plastic fittings and worm clamps, or compression fittings that leave permanent damage on your fuel lines, the SMG kits as some call it, uses a nice aluminum adapter that fits over the oem hardline and makes no permanent changes. they all required a wire to be installed in the ecm so that also the same. difference I see is the SMG kit has a fuse adapter and a ground wire, vs a piggy back plug in the dsx kit, maybe takes like 5 minutes longer max to install and I like it has its own power vs getting it from a factory wire. Everyone I've talked to that has bought it has said its great too. no issues and they felt the quality was fantastic so that's the one I bought. Just ordered a seat delete from them this morning too as I saw they released one.

J_MENIS 09-06-2017 12:16 PM

Update : I decided to purchase a DSX kit off of a user on here for $300. Was going to go skid mark, since its half the price. But I decided to bite the bullet here.

DSX Tuning 09-06-2017 03:49 PM

Just as a public service announcement...

Any sensor you see for $35 is NOT a genuine Continental sensor.