CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Unofficial '6th Gen Gripes' thread (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408659)

DGthe3 05-17-2015 01:01 AM

Unofficial '6th Gen Gripes' thread

We know there are criticisms that you have, why not concentrate them here instead of spreading them around the rest of the site?

SUKXOST 05-17-2015 01:11 AM

the fact that such a thread is even needed, LOL. Love it....98% anyways.

not sure I can easily fit my golf clubs yet :P

hairtrigger 05-17-2015 01:29 AM

I don't like how they reversed the lower door line from the 5th gen. The hood nostrils,,,hmmm. The rest I love.

JGinLA 05-17-2015 01:45 PM

Hot wings, yes. Camaro wings, no.

ALLTRBO 05-17-2015 01:59 PM

My dislikes/nitpicks:
(Exterior)
-Rear bumper creases. Tacky. Wouldn't stop me from buying, but yuck. My #1 complaint about the aesthetics.
-Rear RS or SS badge placement. Would delete immediately.
-Gold bowties (still). Take that awesome new emblem off the sides and replace the bowties with them.
-SS spoiler. Probably functional, but painfully generic and doesn't flow with the rest.
-Nostrils. Not too bad, but larger center extractor much preferred.
-20" wheels. Big 5th gen with SUV sized tires needed big wheels, but IMO smaller car with smaller sidewalls should have smaller wheels. Better for performance as long as the brakes fit and have adequate cooling, and that shouldn't be an issue on any of the models shown so far.

(Interior)
-Chunky instrument panel 'hood'. Way out of proportion. Yuck.
-Overall a bit too 'busy', but not insanely so.
-Center air vent placement. Final opinion TBD until tested, but I think that would annoy me. Similarly, the adjustment rings might be in an annoying place when either scalding hot or icy cold air is blasting out when you go to adjust. Maybe it won't be an issue.
-Tach still not in center. Minor gripe especially considering HUD likely has tach, but I feel that a performance car touted for handling ability should have tach front and center.

(Technical)
-No AFM on LT1 with manual. I know most will disagree based on L99 AFM experiences, but I can say that the implementation on the manual Stingray is spot-on. It gives me measurably better mileage during my daily highway commute, it's barely noticeable when it switches on and off, and if I don't want it to activate, I don't put it in Eco mode. Based on my experience with it on the manual Stingray, I think it will be better received on the auto SS this time around. I don't know why they didn't include it on the manual this time, especially with a mode selector that could leave it deactivated if desired.

(Special note)
-Rear/side visibility. It didn't kill the 5th gen for me, but parking did suck sometimes. A backup camera helps only so much. Final personal opinion TBD until driven. However...
It looks like more sales will be lost if the 'potential customer' general opinion of the 5th gen has anything to say about it. IMO, you don't brush off the #1 complaint from potential customers when it's a legitimately addressable issue. Again, a backup camera only helps so much. I strongly feel that they could have improved visibility without killing the good looks. It doesn't need a super high beltline to look good.

Overall, these are mostly minor gripes for what looks to be a GREAT car. They addressed my #1 complaint... The sheer weight and size of the most massive generation of Camaro to ever exist. THANK YOU GM AND TEAM CAMARO!
I like it a lot. If the C7 wasn't so amazingly perfect for me in every way, I'd probably buy a blue 2016 SS manual with MRC and dual-mode exhaust. Can't wait to see them on the road!

Classic BowTie 05-17-2015 02:07 PM

Emblems

Small gripe here....location and size of emblems. Why so small, be proud you have an RS or SS! Show them off, why have to squint to see them!

Would love to see "SS" size emblems like on the '70 Chevelle or El Camino front grile...."SS" big and bold!

Overall I love this car!

Stewie 05-17-2015 02:13 PM

For me the new Camaro looks like a 2 door Impala. I will hold judgement until I see one in the flesh.

DenverTaco07 05-17-2015 02:15 PM

My gripe is all the griping.

2010SLVRBULIT 05-17-2015 02:22 PM

AFM on the V6?, really?...lol

somewhatdamaged 05-17-2015 02:40 PM

The SS spoiler is a bit generic looking for my tastes, but if functional then I can deal with it. Also, I was hoping for a little bit more distinctive looks from the Gen 5, but I think seeing it in the flesh, especially next to a Gen 5 will really show the differences. I'm in regardless, can't wait! Now I'm torn between manual and the 8 speed auto which is going to be wicked fast in the SS!

Somewhatdamaged :burnrubber:

BahamaTodd 05-17-2015 02:51 PM

No active rev match for the 4 cyl and 6 cyl manuals.

Yes it makes track driving quicker, but it is also a big help for inexperienced drivers that don't know how to smoothly rev match when shifting. Would have been a big selling point to gain more interest with the manual in the high volume models.

DenverTaco07 05-17-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT1since93 (Post 8428882)
Blind fan boi allegiance cripples progression and market share growth.
But, I hear the Kool Aid tastes great and flows like water, so drink up. :rolleyes:

The 2016 SS has many great improvements and is a great buy for the money.
We all can agree on that. That's why I'm buying mine.

:iono: