CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bitcoin (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327402)

trademaster 11-09-2013 10:24 PM

Bitcoin

Thoughts? Anyone holding any? I acquired some a few years ago for kicks purely out of interest and now they are worth a lot of money. It is a very interesting concept and there are endless business opportunities. The Chinese are eating them up as are other countries with inflation problems. The price is crashing today, but they're still $300+ per unit. Discuss

trademaster 11-10-2013 04:23 AM

Really, nobody? This decentralized, "currency" has gone from $0.50 to nearly $400 in 3 years and nobody has any opinions? This could very well be one of the most influential technologies since the advent of the Internet.

ChrisBlair 11-10-2013 06:18 AM

It seems like a commodity that has only itself- it's own intrinsic value of being a decentralized currency- that can generate "worth"

Investing in a currency, as its own concept, means that the value of the currency comes from its accepted trading value. What are the tangibles that guarantee bitcoin's worth? It seems to me that it relies on a poor overall worldwide economy to generate value, instead of strong individual economies. Then too since it has the properties of 'currency' but also of a commodity that is traded, it has the potential of being a bubble that will burst.

To me this seems like digging a cave under your house- eventually the house might fall down.

Sir Nuke 11-10-2013 12:15 PM

there was an article last week were a guy was an economics major in his first year at college and was righting a paper about them. And as part of his research he bought 5000, a bunch when they first came out at I think .02 each......when he heard recently how much they are going for he remembered about the ones he had bought years ago and had forgot about them........he went out and bought himself a new home with his....which truly only cost him less then his $100 initial investment, seeing as he had some left over...... sometimes you just get lucky.

The Stig 11-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trademaster (Post 7172755)
Thoughts? Anyone holding any? I acquired some a few years ago for kicks purely out of interest and now they are worth a lot of money. It is a very interesting concept and there are endless business opportunities. The Chinese are eating them up as are other countries with inflation problems. The price is crashing today, but they're still $300+ per unit. Discuss

I have quite a bit in bit coins. Though why I have them and why you have them are two completely different reasons.

You have to realize why bit coins were invented. Bit coins are an electronic and completely anonymous currency. Mostly used by people who frequent the dark corners of the Internets ;)

trademaster 11-18-2013 07:52 PM

I sold exactly 70% of my BTC holdings over the past week and pocketed deep into 6 figures. Now, a week later that 30% is worth almost 6 figures again. BTC touched $900 briefly tonight on mtgox before crashing back to $600.

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. The volatility is outrageous, but good god can it make money. I bought $500 bucks worth almost 3 years ago purely out of interest in a new technology and in three years that $500 returned well over 50,000%. This is the wildest market I have ever seen and I have spent my entire adult life studying financial econometrics.

Pay attention to bitcoin, folks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 7173783)
I have quite a bit in bit coins. Though why I have them and why you have them are two completely different reasons.

You have to realize why bit coins were invented. Bit coins are an electronic and completely anonymous currency. Mostly used by people who frequent the dark corners of the Internets ;)

That is one reason it's useful, but the other utilities are now being recognized and valued. The cheaper transfer of wealth than any fiat-based service can offer, inflation safeguards and no central control are all very desirable to those in markets with manipulated currencies like China, Argentina, etc. There is a lot of potential in this technology.

pyroguy 08-26-2019 08:49 PM

You have about the same odds as going to the roulette table and selecting a number to play. Cryptocurrency is extremely volatile. One day it's up 400% the next it's down 500%. Some people are very fortunate and have made good money while others have lost everything they've invested. The same could be said for any form of investments except crypotcurrency is just so much more volatile on a regular basis.

Camaro_QC 08-27-2019 05:32 AM

As volatile as this thread. Was down for 6 years and now 33% of its posts are from 2 days ~~~

pyroguy 08-27-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_QC (Post 10606616)
As volatile as this thread. Was down for 6 years and now 33% of its posts are from 2 days ~~~

:lol: I didn't even look at the original post date when I was commenting to the last post. That makes so much more sense why people are talking about bitcoin in the hundreds of dollars. One day it's at $18k the next $5k the day after that $12k and then $1k. It's all over the place. Like a yo yo or a roller coaster. Single stocks are less volatile than cryptocurrency and single stocks are extremely volatile.

ZEN357 08-27-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trademaster (Post 7173111)
Really, nobody? This decentralized, "currency" has gone from $0.50 to nearly $400 in 3 years and nobody has any opinions? This could very well be one of the most influential technologies since the advent of the Internet.

I've been in the I.T. Field for almost 25 years and had an interest in Bitcoin but never really had the time to research it. You wanna enlighten me with all the details?

DenverTaco07 08-27-2019 12:00 PM

I can teach you how to be a Bitcoin buyer and miner without even using your own money. Just buy my new book "Secrets of Bitcoin Millionaires", for only $29.99 you can change your life and learn all my secrets to becoming a bitcoin millionaire.