CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   SPL SUSPENSION PARTS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570508)

kropscamaro16 02-20-2020 03:34 PM

SPL SUSPENSION PARTS
 
talked to the owner of spl last week sean farrah about his new line of 6th gen suspension parts after he took his 1le out to cota last week for super lap battle ! parts look super nice , they are mostly known for nissan/import parts but trying to break into the domestic line starting here!


https://www.splparts.com/2016-6th-gen-camaro/

That1guy_tim 02-21-2020 07:06 AM

I love SPL stuff! I want their whole catalog of parts under my car !

Junkyardspecial 02-21-2020 09:42 AM

Those look great!

kropscamaro16 02-21-2020 12:21 PM

yes sir i agree i asked him if we get a group buy or a coupon code and he said let hes not a forum sponsor but we can try to work something out! his car was 100% stock other than all the spl parts at super lap battle

seanblurr 02-21-2020 12:26 PM

Apart from the claimed benefit of rear toe arms/eccentric lock out, what benefits do all the other parts have?

kropscamaro16 02-21-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanblurr (Post 10729530)
Apart from the claimed benefit of rear toe arms/eccentric lock out, what benefits do all the other parts have?


thats a good question and they website is super vague so i couldnt answer that lol

Laststandard 02-21-2020 01:24 PM

They look really nice but that's a hell of a premium over BMR.

I'd assume they're lighter as SPL uses aluminum and Ti hardware vs steel, but uffda.

kropscamaro16 02-21-2020 03:28 PM

i talked to sean and he said to email them at sales@splparts.com or tech@splparts.com if you have any questions !

kropscamaro16 07-30-2020 06:06 PM

anybody bite the bullet on any of these parts yet?

GunMetalGrey 07-31-2020 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 (Post 10728800)
talked to the owner of spl last week sean farrah about his new line of 6th gen suspension parts after he took his 1le out to cota last week for super lap battle ! parts look super nice , they are mostly known for nissan/import parts but trying to break into the domestic line starting here!


https://www.splparts.com/2016-6th-gen-camaro/

I talked to Turner, who works there, for 40 minutes and I can verify that they definitely want to break into the Camaro market!

Most of the suspension stuff is over my head, but he seemed to focus a lot on geometry of the suspension, correcting role rate from a lowered car etc... and he says their stuff is motorsports grade, for what thatís worth

GunMetalGrey 07-31-2020 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 (Post 10839182)
anybody bite the bullet on any of these parts yet?

I was going to, and then when I totalled up the parts list it was about $4500

Plus I realized I really have no idea what Iím doing with suspension and so it would be unwise to go blow a whole bunch of money on it without knowing what Iím doing, let alone maximizing my driving skills to the catch-up with ability of the car as it is in its current form

TrackClub 08-04-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey (Post 10839419)
I was going to, and then when I totalled up the parts list it was about $4500

Plus I realized I really have no idea what Iím doing with suspension and so it would be unwise to go blow a whole bunch of money on it without knowing what Iím doing, let alone maximizing my driving skills to the catch-up with ability of the car as it is in its current form

Words of wisdom GMG!

TrackClub 08-04-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanblurr (Post 10729530)
Apart from the claimed benefit of rear toe arms/eccentric lock out, what benefits do all the other parts have?

They make somebody richer?

I know, i know...bad Trackclub! Real bad!

:smoking:

Mountain 08-05-2020 01:01 PM

Their rear toe links are very nice. Look to be top-quality parts/materials and easy adjustment.

Some of their other parts I can understand the offering, but in limited cases, like the adjustable front radius arm (they call it "Tension Rod"; GM calls "Ride Link") for caster adjustment and rear adjustable trailing arms for camber. The thing with some of this is that if you mess with one, you end up effecting other alignment specs (like camber+toe), so in end you end up needing all/most of the components (mostly speaking to the parts that move in more than one dimension).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.