CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Buying a car with “Dealer Installed” add-ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537966)

Tyl3r 09-05-2018 07:53 PM

Buying a car with “Dealer Installed” add-ons

I purchased a brand new 2017 2LT Camaro a few months ago. I’ve heard rumors, but have yet to confirm this. My car has 20” 5-spike gloss black wheels with the red outline stripe at an MSRP price of $3,195. Granted I felt this was ridiculous and didn’t pay MSRP, was I supposed to get the standard set of rims that come on the 2LT? Looking back, it seems it would only make sense that it would come with both sets at this price. If yes, is it too late as I signed the papers and walked out with my car?

Thank you!

LuvMI 09-05-2018 08:02 PM

I too bought a 2lt with blk 20’ rims. You only get one set as far as I know. Different dealers do different upgrades I’ve noticed. Still, you get what you get.

Glen e 09-05-2018 08:15 PM

if you paid the option price for the wheels, you should get the original wheels also, as they are included in the original MSRP.

That being said, if you’re just discovering this now and have had the car for several months, it probably is too late.

50MileSmile 09-05-2018 09:40 PM

If the redline wheels were a dealer-installed option listed on the original (not a dealer add-on) window sticker, that’s how the car was officially delivered according to Chevrolet. The value of the original wheels would have been included in the price of the car, which is why you “only” paid $3,195 for the upgrade. (You could have paid $5,000 or more if both sets of wheels were included.) If this is the case, the OEM wheels just disappear into the ether (or get sold as “new-car takeoffs” or used by the dealer). You have no claim to them, unless getting two sets of wheels was part of the original deal, in writing. If the redline wheels are on the original window sticker, they’ll be on the build sheet too; you can order one for free from GM by sending your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com.

If the car arrived at the dealer with the standard wheels and the dealer swapped them and listed them on an accessory sticker, that’s a different story. But either way, a few months later is way too late to bring it up. Sorry...

JCunningham 09-06-2018 03:32 AM

those are LPO wheels. you should have gotten the original wheels too. dealers dont tell you so they can sell them. call them on it and get pissed. I did on mine after i found out. They had 2 sets and let me pick them out. they will have the TPMS sensors too.

JCunningham 09-06-2018 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 10303410)
If the redline wheels were a dealer-installed option listed on the original (not a dealer add-on) window sticker, that’s how the car was officially delivered according to Chevrolet. The value of the original wheels would have been included in the price of the car, which is why you “only” paid $3,195 for the upgrade. (You could have paid $5,000 or more if both sets of wheels were included.) If this is the case, the OEM wheels just disappear into the ether (or get sold as “new-car takeoffs” or used by the dealer). You have no claim to them, unless getting two sets of wheels was part of the original deal, in writing. If the redline wheels are on the original window sticker, they’ll be on the build sheet too; you can order one for free from GM by sending your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com.

If the car arrived at the dealer with the standard wheels and the dealer swapped them and listed them on an accessory sticker, that’s a different story. But either way, a few months later is way too late to bring it up. Sorry...

wrong. the 18s come with the price of the car. for $3195 you also get the black wheels with tires. the car comes from the factory with the 18s and the 20s are shipped to the dealer then the dealer installed them. Look at your RPO sticker. you will have codes for both the 18 and 20s.

Tyl3r 09-06-2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCunningham (Post 10303534)
wrong. the 18s come with the price of the car. for $3195 you also get the black wheels with tires. the car comes from the factory with the 18s and the 20s are shipped to the dealer then the dealer installed them. Look at your RPO sticker. you will have codes for both the 18 and 20s.

THIS. I see codes ‘REG’ and ‘SHL’. I doubt I have a legal claim at this point. However, I can definitely threaten to tell GM. Don’t think they would be too happy. Thank you!!

Tyl3r 09-06-2018 05:51 AM

REG - Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) Silver-painted aluminum
SHL - 20" (50.8 cm) 5-spoke gloss Black wheels with Red outline stripe

JCunningham 09-06-2018 12:35 PM

they do this all the time the dealer might not have yours but they may have another set they can give you.

Glen e 09-06-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl3r (Post 10303559)
THIS. I see codes ‘REG’ and ‘SHL’. I doubt I have a legal claim at this point. However, I can definitely threaten to tell GM. Don’t think they would be too happy. Thank you!!

GM wont give a damn, trust me.

kropscamaro16 09-06-2018 12:45 PM

no dealer options on my car and most of the time whatever it is you can always add later waaay cheaper

coruiz 09-06-2018 01:01 PM

WHen i first bought my car, the black bow ties were an LPO item. I asked why the bow ties were not installed and they said I had to buy them with gold bow ties. I threaten to walk out and within 30 minutes my black bow ties were installed lol.

GO to your dealer and kindly ask first, if they give you shit, get pissed.

Nsxmatt 09-06-2018 01:07 PM

You aren't owed any of the stock parts if accessory parts are installed. Now you can ASK for the stock parts and negotiate it with the dealer at the time of sale but they are under no obligation at all to give them to you.

JCunningham 09-06-2018 10:29 PM

wrong the stock parts Do belong to you. You paid for them. Any parts that are installed at the dealer you can get the stock parts back free. They belong to you.
All the cars and trucks come with the gold bow ties on them. the car can be ordered with the black bowties. The black bow ties come in the trunk and the dealer installs them.