CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mark Ruess now GM President (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545415)

GrimReaperSS 01-03-2019 11:36 AM

Mark Ruess now GM President

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...socialflowFBCD

Chris V 01-03-2019 11:50 AM

The same Mark Reuss that put the ZR1 into the wall at the Belle Isle Grand Prix.

ChefBorOzzy 01-03-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris V (Post 10400165)
The same Mark Reuss that put the ZR1 into the wall at the Belle Isle Grand Prix.

And?

Glen e 01-03-2019 11:55 AM

I like this guy, met him at an NADA several years ago. A good car guy.

Unfortunately He can't make the corp pension Burden go away… Which is the big thing thats killing them.

DenverTaco07 01-03-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy (Post 10400166)
And?

i know right...

how about:

The same Mark Reuss that took off the suit and tie and hotlapped press around spring mountain for a few hours in the ZL1. He's a level 6 GM driver, and an industry certified pool driver at Nurburgring. His first car was a 67 Camaro. Sounds like a car guy to me, congrats to him on his promotion. Hopefully it doesn't diminish GM performance division, cuz he brought to market some pretty outstanding performance.

Ruebernard 01-03-2019 05:55 PM

i love the idea of a car guy taking the reins. Good luck Mr. Reuss. Many eyes are watching. I do think he may bring some soul to the new fleet of vehicles from Chevy.

Number 3 01-03-2019 08:03 PM

He is why I laugh when everyone whines that GM is run by non car people. Simply isn’t true especially now.

I’ve met him been in meetings with him and he is one of very top few people I have huge respect for.

As a side I remember sitting next to his father Loyd in a meeting almostv30 years ago when he was President and being in such awe.

This is a good move.

ChickenPoop 01-03-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 10400666)
He is why I laugh when everyone whines that GM is run by non car people. Simply isn’t true especially now.

I’ve met him been in meetings with him and he is one of very top few people I have huge respect for.

As a side I remember sitting next to his father Loyd in a meeting almostv30 years ago when he was President and being in such awe.

This is a good move.

And he will do exactly as he is told to do. Nothing will change.

Whocares05050 01-03-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 10400167)
I like this guy, met him at an NADA several years ago. A good car guy.

Unfortunately He can't make the corp pension Burden go away… Which is the big thing thats killing them.

If the pensions are killing GM its time to kill off the pensioners... j/k! 🤣🤣🤣

90503 01-03-2019 08:39 PM

From the article...

"GM is shifting priorities yet again, and Reuss must quickly adapt. CEO Barra is ordering massive layoffs and more plant closures, killing off sedans and smaller cars, moving Cadillac back to Detroit, and going full-steam into automation and electric vehicles. Reuss has followed her in lockstep, with his audacious proposal in October that the federal government mandate sales of electric cars and criticizing President Trump’s plan to freeze EPA emissions levels through 2025."

Reuss' past experience probably won't have any effect on the glorious future. He's pursuing policies and plans that would make his old days roll over in their graves.

Lock step with the CEO for all electric, discontinuing familiar models, etc., hardly give his past any significance with what he plans on doing now to and with the company.

Not much benefit to having a supposed popular "Car Guy" propose that the feds mandate electric car sales, and be against freezing emissions levels to allow for practical continued use of ICEngines for many more years. A car guy deliberately wanting mandates of electric cars isn't my kind of "car guy". But, oh well, the Queen has spoken....long live the Queen.....

The demand for electric cars is a phantom and a foisted non-existent demand and pr campaign to make us "car guys" believe the demand exists. Once it gets mandated, like "car-guy" Reuss wants, we'll have no choice. They couldn't even make the Volt a success.

Number 3 01-03-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenPoop (Post 10400671)
And he will do exactly as he is told to do. Nothing will change.

Such a pessimist. I have hope.

97cavy22 01-04-2019 08:10 AM

I’ve always been a GM guy but I just don’t like the path the company is headed. The camaro and corvette and Colorado/canyon are the only products they will still make I have any interest in.

dpevans 01-04-2019 08:25 AM

For all you who believe electric cars are not the future you need to pull you heads out of the sand. Any car company that is not converting to electric will be gone in 20 years if not sooner. But cheer up, combustion engines are not going away anytime soon, that is until government outlaws them.

AZCamaroFan 01-04-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97cavy22 (Post 10400989)
I’ve always been a GM guy but I just don’t like the path the company is headed. The camaro and corvette and Colorado/canyon are the only products they will still make I have any interest in.

er yeah...
i remember when GM was selling the Lumina or the Beretta or the 04' Malibu, or front wheel drive Cadillac's. Those were the times.