CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Ugh.. why so difficult (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468783)

oneredry 10-03-2016 11:11 AM

Ugh.. why so difficult

Decision that is….
I am within a week for pulling the trigger on Magnuson. Then I’m reading the reviews on the Edelbrock, now I’m torn between the two. At first I was leaning towards Edelbrock only for the fact that I didn’t’ know nor was it advertised that Magnuson came with a tune. Now that I confirmed that I’ve been on the fence. Ugh.. All weekend I have been doing research on both. At this point Edelbroch is a bit more enticing because it’s a bit cheaper. Can those who have both please chime in and tell me which one I should go with and why??
As always, your input is appreciated.

On the side note, did any of you watch "Girls garage" over the weekend. I don't ever watch the show, but it appears that they struggled with that harmonic balancer. I was going to do this myself as a winter project, from the looks of it, Maggies instruction (of which I've read from cover to cover) Versus how those girls did it seems to be different.

BravoMyles 10-03-2016 11:43 AM

I wouldn't use a TV show as a good reference as to how to install a supercharger. lol Just go at it and I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you follow instructions and know a bit about what you're doing.

As for which one, I honestly can't tell you. I was looking at the Maggie myself but now tend to be leaning towards a Procharger. I think at this point, between the Maggie and Edelbrock, it would come down to preference. They both use the TVS 2300 (2.3L) assembly so functionally they should be very similar. It's just the design that changes a bit from there. Both seem to produce solid power (and similar power at that). Maybe someone with either one can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say pick one you like the look of because both are going to wake the car up an insane amount.

JANNETTYRACING 10-04-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneredry (Post 9341115)
Decision that is….
I am within a week for pulling the trigger on Magnuson. Then I’m reading the reviews on the Edelbrock, now I’m torn between the two. At first I was leaning towards Edelbrock only for the fact that I didn’t’ know nor was it advertised that Magnuson came with a tune. Now that I confirmed that I’ve been on the fence. Ugh.. All weekend I have been doing research on both. At this point Edelbroch is a bit more enticing because it’s a bit cheaper. Can those who have both please chime in and tell me which one I should go with and why??
As always, your input is appreciated.

On the side note, did any of you watch "Girls garage" over the weekend. I don't ever watch the show, but it appears that they struggled with that harmonic balancer. I was going to do this myself as a winter project, from the looks of it, Maggies instruction (of which I've read from cover to cover) Versus how those girls did it seems to be different.

I don't know that you will find anyone who owns both to do a direct comparison.

We do sell and install both and can see where it makes your decision difficult as they are both so awesome.

Personally I am a big fan of the heartbeat due to the design and the success we have had with them in our builds.

Ted.

toohighpsi 10-04-2016 10:32 PM

From one of my previous posts:

The Maggie has a slightly taller lid, better rotor porting, bigger intercoolers, and with the inlet adapter arrangement, it is capable of accepting up to a 108mm throttle body. Other than that they are the same rotating group and have the same powertrain warranty.

oneredry 10-05-2016 10:57 AM

awesome. Thanks all. I guess I have made up my mind. with in a week or so I will be purchasing the Maggie for my winter project.

JANNETTYRACING 10-05-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneredry (Post 9344695)
awesome. Thanks all. I guess I have made up my mind. with in a week or so I will be purchasing the Maggie for my winter project.

Congrats on your decision, Let me know If can can offer you a great price that will include a Custom tune along with the Canned tune. ;)

Ted.

Octaneman 10-05-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneredry (Post 9344695)

You won't regret the Maggie, we have driven it over long road trips, as far as 2500 miles with ZERO issues, makes great power, and great drivability.:)

Miles of smiles:bellyroll:

Steve Eisenberg
Davenport Motorsports

GirlyNFG 10-05-2016 12:37 PM

I did a back to back on a 6.0L engine with a TVS and a D1sc. I can tell you the Procharger was ahhhhhhmazing compared to the TVS.

That being said, pinning the crank isn't tough at all. But, I thought that our balancers were factory pinned?

toohighpsi 10-05-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyNFG (Post 9344861)
I did a back to back on a 6.0L engine with a TVS and a D1sc. I can tell you the Procharger was ahhhhhhmazing compared to the TVS.

That being said, pinning the crank isn't tough at all. But, I thought that our balancers were factory pinned?

Maybe on the older stuff, but on Camaro SS with LT1s? We'll need some time slips to back that up. :) Next RedList is right around the corner.

GirlyNFG 10-07-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toohighpsi (Post 9345505)
Maybe on the older stuff, but on Camaro SS with LT1s? We'll need some time slips to back that up. :) Next RedList is right around the corner.

No way I would downgrade to a TVS now...

Redlist ticket with vip lane: purchased

toohighpsi 10-07-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyNFG (Post 9348085)
No way I would downgrade to a TVS now...

Redlist ticket with vip lane: purchased

Downgrade? Perhaps you forgot the results at the last Redlist? :gossip:

Looks like you now have about 50 RWHP more than last time, so there should be some good runs! It was great to meet you at the last event, looking forward to chatting again and some friendly competition :)

GirlyNFG 10-07-2016 07:25 PM

Actually, we found quite a few fueling issues at the last redlist. I havent ran it on a track for real, except for my boyfriend running it on street tire at irwindale a few thursdays ago.

Hopefully I hit the mid 10s like I want to... other wise.... ill sell the bastard and buy a damn auto HAHAHAHAHAHha

Marine Corps 10-08-2016 06:20 AM

Don't want to muddy the waters, but I had the Procharger installed last month. The speed shop that installed it told me that while all the top rated superchargers do a great job the Procharger is the easiest to install and is reversible.

toohighpsi 10-08-2016 11:40 PM

Every system out there is easy to install and completely reversible. I didn't know that ProCharger had CARB approval for California, do they include a powertrain warranty?