CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Whipple 3.0 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602162)

Puddin 02-08-2022 04:59 AM

Whipple 3.0

Looks like Whipple is getting these ready finally. Still a 5-6 month wait if you order. https://www.phastekperformance.com/W...wk-1010-30.htm

LT1ornothing 02-08-2022 07:25 AM

Nice to finally see some news/update. Take a look at the price, way more than what the 2.9 whipple kits were going for. These 3.0 whipples are just as much as the recently price hiked 2650 magnuson. I am glad I didn't waste my time waiting around for another overpriced blower kit. It is really sad what is happening to the gen6 LT1 blower market. With these outlandish prices, the twin turbo kits make a ton more sense (basically same price). I feel very fortunate to have found a reasonably priced new blower kit recently. Otherwise, this LT1 was going to become bottle fed.

laynlo15 02-08-2022 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEornothing (Post 11131384)
Nice to finally see some news/update. Take a look at the price, way more than what the 2.9 whipple kits were going for. These 3.0 whipples are just as much as the recently price hiked 2650 magnuson. I am glad I didn't waste my time waiting around for another overpriced blower kit. It is really sad what is happening to the gen6 LT1 blower market. With these outlandish prices, the twin turbo kits make a ton more sense (basically same price). I feel very fortunate to have found a reasonably priced new blower kit recently. Otherwise, this LT1 was going to become bottle fed.

What kit did you pick up? Lt4? 2650 Maggie?

Chrome383Z 02-08-2022 07:48 AM

Thank steel prices. Hopefully we see a decrease in the metals markets soon. I’m going to hold off a year myself….

LT1ornothing 02-08-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 11131386)
What kit did you pick up? Lt4? 2650 Maggie?

I wish man, those were my first two choices. Ended up with a centrifugal blower (ECS). Impossible to justify the $3,200+ difference between the two as much as I would have preferred the 2650. Even a used LT4 blower with a new conversion kit came in at a higher price than the ECS holiday deal I found.

As much as I love positive displacement blowers and their delicious boost curves, i just came too late into this gen6 forced induction market to find a good deal on a roots or twin screw set up.

WintersNoble 02-08-2022 11:33 AM

I find this exciting. Looking forward to this, even with the price. I was sad I missed the first wave but still want to get more out of my car going this route. So I just hope I can get some time in before I can't have a bit of fun.

LT1ornothing 02-08-2022 12:21 PM

100% go for it if it is what you like and you can swing it. They are definitely nice blowers.

arpad_m 02-08-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WintersNoble (Post 11131518)
I find this exciting. Looking forward to this, even with the price. I was sad I missed the first wave but still want to get more out of my car going this route. So I just hope I can get some time in before I can't have a bit of fun.

Best of all, you don't really need a massive blower for the SS, just check out my sig, I have a lowly Maggie 2300 and she's still a ripper. Prices are crazy, but as you said, there may not be much time left (on that note, hope you're in NYS and not NYC, heh).

WintersNoble 02-08-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11131797)
Best of all, you don't really need a massive blower for the SS, just check out my sig, I have a lowly Maggie 2300 and she's still a ripper. Prices are crazy, but as you said, there may not be much time left (on that note, hope you're in NYS and not NYC, heh).

Yeah, this seems like the right choice for what I want to do with the car. So I'm looking forward to it.

As for location, not in the city thankfully. Although I live in the suburbs off the city. Needless to say, I look forward to road trips. lol

laynlo15 02-08-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEornothing (Post 11131395)
I wish man, those were my first two choices. Ended up with a centrifugal blower (ECS). Impossible to justify the $3,200+ difference between the two as much as I would have preferred the 2650. Even a used LT4 blower with a new conversion kit came in at a higher price than the ECS holiday deal I found.

As much as I love positive displacement blowers and their delicious boost curves, i just came too late into this gen6 forced induction market to find a good deal on a roots or twin screw set up.

Good choice, nothing wrong with your decision. Your the one that needs to be happy with your purchase. Seems you are so have fun with it.

laynlo15 02-08-2022 07:57 PM

Very little steel in any blower, almost all aluminum but still metals are increasing in price as you said.

Joshinator99 02-08-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 11131827)
Very little steel in any blower, almost all aluminum but still metals are increasing in price as you said.

Agreed. And inflation is hitting every industry hard. That blower price probably jumped up $800-$900 in one year. Ouch.

EDFHOBBIES 02-09-2022 05:53 AM

I see no port injection mentioned or on the intake runners yet Nick Purciello was instrumental having it on the Edelbrock unit. Wonder if there will be another unit offered that has no tune credits and port injection?