CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe Kits for the 2016-2019 Camaro SS (Auto and Manual) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464235)

FlowmasterMufflers 08-22-2016 06:10 PM

Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe Kits for the 2016-2019 Camaro SS (Auto and Manual)

Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe Kits for the 2016-2019 Camaro SS (Auto and Manual)

Flowmaster Part #81083 (Manual Transmission)
https://i.imgsafe.org/b8359bce11.jpg
Flowmaster Part #81084 (Automatic Transmission)
https://i.imgsafe.org/b839fbb341.jpg

Flowmaster’s new Scavenger X-Pipe kits for the 2016-2019 Camaro SS are a great way to increase the sound level of your car. These Scavenger Series X-pipe assemblies are intended to be used as an upgrade to Flowmaster’s rear section Axle-back kits, and replace the heavily flattened section of the factory system. The pipes for auto cars (part #81084) also feature valves to retain the factory active exhaust management function. These pipe kits are constructed with 3.00 inch 409s mandrel bent tubing and utilize Flowmaster’s patented D-port design to help maximize exhaust scavenging. These kits fit hard top models only. These pipe systems are manufactured in the USA and are covered by Flowmaster’s Lifetime Limited Warranty.

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.flowmastermufflers.com for additional application and product information.

• Stainless Steel Construction
• Dyno Tuned For Maximum Performance
• Race Proven Technology
• Made in the USA

My87z28 08-22-2016 06:51 PM

It's already been proven multiple times that there are no resonators on the '16 Camaro SS. If you are speaking of the secondary catalytic converters, they have been proven to actually be just unmonitored catalytic converters.

FlowmasterMufflers 08-25-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My87z28 (Post 9272806)
It's already been proven multiple times that there are no resonators on the '16 Camaro SS. If you are speaking of the secondary catalytic converters, they have been proven to actually be just unmonitored catalytic converters.

Thanks for mentioning that. The terminology was a bit off in the original product description and we have since adjusted it. No cats, or anything like that, are removed. There are two flex joints removed that can be seen at the top of the stock pic found below.

Stock
https://i.imgsafe.org/f581fd562e.jpg

Flowmaster Part #81083 (manual transmission)
https://i.imgsafe.org/f588164b26.jpg

Flowmaster Part #81084 (auto transmission)
https://i.imgsafe.org/f58ae8795f.jpg

Tech@Flowmaster 09-01-2016 01:36 PM

These Flowmaster Scavenger Series X-Pipe Kits are now available for the 2016-2019 Camaro SS with a manual (part #81083) or automatic transmission (part #81084).

BradfordCamaro 09-01-2016 03:31 PM

Nice pricing. Thanks.
I thought I was going to see someone smoking crack and asking $1000.

Thanks for keeping it real. I will have to visit my local dealer and inquire.
Any issues hooking this up to stock NPP system in a manual car?

FlowmasterMufflers 09-02-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro (Post 9289737)
Nice pricing. Thanks.
I thought I was going to see someone smoking crack and asking $1000.

Thanks for keeping it real. I will have to visit my local dealer and inquire.
Any issues hooking this up to stock NPP system in a manual car?

Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe kits were designed to be bolt-on upgrades for our 2016-2019 Camaro SS Axle-back systems. If you want to run them on the factory exhaust system you can, but modifications will need to be made in order to make the connection. As an FYI, and for anyone that may be interested, we will be releasing an American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the 6th gen Camaro SS on October 1st. Something to consider if you plan to run this pipe kit and are looking for an aftermarket exhaust system. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.

Richkidd87 09-02-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlowmasterMufflers (Post 9291027)
Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe kits were designed to be bolt-on upgrades for our 2016+ Camaro SS Axle-back systems. If you want to run them on the factory exhaust system you can, but modifications will need to be made in order to make the connection. As an FYI, and for anyone that may be interested, we will be releasing an American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the 6th gen Camaro SS on October 1st. Something to consider if you plan to run this pipe kit and are looking for an aftermarket exhaust system. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.

Can't wait to hear it

jimmypop13 09-02-2016 02:43 PM

This is pretty cool! How does it change the sound? From the looks of the crossover, it may even sound more like an H-pipe and I know a lot of people are after that sound. I saw your YouTube video with this x-pipe on the new mustangs and it definitely sounded deep! Can't wait to hear this on the new camaro

Mr. Rager 09-02-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

As an FYI, and for anyone that may be interested, we will be releasing an American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the 6th gen Camaro SS on October 1st.

Thank the Lord. :clap:

Fraxum 09-03-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe kits were designed to be bolt-on upgrades for our 2016+ Camaro SS Axle-back systems. If you want to run them on the factory exhaust system you can, but modifications will need to be made in order to make the connection. As an FYI, and for anyone that may be interested, we will be releasing an American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the 6th gen Camaro SS on October 1st. Something to consider if you plan to run this pipe kit and are looking for an aftermarket exhaust system. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.

Nice price seconded.

Is your x pipe baffled at all?

Also will your NPP system retain the stock or close to stock sound level with the flaps closed?

Of course if not the $$ we spent on NPP is wasted.

dennis@hixsonnet.com 09-04-2016 10:37 AM

went to order but they are out of stock... oh well..........

JaxChris 09-04-2016 01:00 PM

300$ for manual transmission
700$ for automatic transmission -- WTF?!?!

It is just an extra flange to mount the existing AFM valve, you're not including a new valve. That shouldn't be more than an extra 100$ at your pricing model. No thanks. This isn't some retarded healthcare exchange and I'm not paying to subsidize the manual cars.

STEVE41 09-07-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9293765)

It is just an extra flange to mount the existing AFM valve, you're not including a new valve. That shouldn't be more than an extra 100$ at your pricing model. No thanks. This isn't some retarded healthcare exchange and I'm not paying to subsidize the manual cars.

exactly, spend $500 more and get the real deal (LT headers).

FlowmasterMufflers 09-07-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmypop13 (Post 9291425)
This is pretty cool! How does it change the sound? From the looks of the crossover, it may even sound more like an H-pipe and I know a lot of people are after that sound. I saw your YouTube video with this x-pipe on the new mustangs and it definitely sounded deep! Can't wait to hear this on the new camaro

Our Scavenger X-Pipes will add some depth to the tone of your exhaust system and help to reduce interior noise as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 9292377)
Nice price seconded.

Is your x pipe baffled at all?

Also will your NPP system retain the stock or close to stock sound level with the flaps closed?

Of course if not the $$ we spent on NPP is wasted.

Flowmaster's Scavenger X-Pipe kits utilize our D-port technology, rather than the deflectors found in our chambered mufflers. As exhaust pulses exit the engine and enter the D-Port area of these X-Pipes, the increased surface area of the tubing creates a strong low-pressure area and increases the speed of the exhaust gases that are traveling through. This improves exhaust velocity at all rpm's (especially low and mid) resulting in more torque and better throttle response.

Our American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the Camaro SS will not maintain stock sound levels. Our kit will provide a moderately aggressive Flowmaster tone while maintaining the functionality of the NPP system and allowing for the ability to increase sound even further by going wide open when desired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis@hixsonnet.com (Post 9293628)
went to order but they are out of stock... oh well..........

Sorry about that. We are working hard to pump out more of these kits and expect to have both of these part numbers (81083-manual and 81084-auto) back in stock by the end of next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9293765)

The factory actuators are retained but our Scavenger X-Pipe kit for auto cars(part #81084) does include new valves, making it the more expensive of the two.