CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Z/28 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   Actual evidence that a Z/28 is on the way? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506528)

Mister Will 08-30-2017 01:35 PM

Actual evidence that a Z/28 is on the way?

Don't want to rain on the parade here.

But I read a lot of talk about what a new Z/28 should be or wished it would be. But is there any actual evidence that a Z/28 is coming? Things like press releases, comments by GM officials, sightings?

14Black1LESS 08-30-2017 01:55 PM

It's all speculation right now. I don't think GM has announced anything and as far as I have seen there are no spy photos of one. The one that everyone thought would be the Z/28 ended up being the ZL1 1LE.

BradfordCamaro 08-30-2017 02:54 PM

That is why we come here
To convince ourselves it's coming:biggrin:

marknagy13 08-30-2017 03:47 PM

why would anyone want one? To buy a slower more expensive option than zl1 or zl1 1le? lol

Bhobbs 08-30-2017 03:47 PM

There is zero evidence, but I hope team Camaro isn't done until the 7th gen. 2021 is still a ways off.

chain777 08-30-2017 04:15 PM

Why did this section even get created in the first place? Was there ever any confirmation from Chevy that a Z/28 was happening this generation or has it all been speculation? It just seems like wishful thinking at this point.

I recall it all being based on some spy shots that turned out to be the ZL1 1LE . Is there anything else that's happened since to make the Z/28 a possibility this generation?

Bhobbs 08-30-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain777 (Post 9887754)
Why did this section even get created in the first place? Was there ever any confirmation from Chevy that a Z/28 was happening this generation or has it all been speculation? It just seems like wishful thinking at this point.

I recall it all being based on some spy shots that turned out to be the ZL1 1LE . Is there anything else that's happened since to make the Z/28 a possibility this generation?

There has been some pictures of a grille insert that looks to be made for a Z/28, based on the badge base shape. Other than that, no new spy shots. Though, the 5th gen Z was never spied, as far as I know. They could easily be testing it with a ZL1 1LE body.

bybcous 08-30-2017 10:07 PM

The mods on this forum, know more than they tell us, in my short two years on here I noticed as soon as some new info is released, they put it out first, whether it's new models, trims, articles, etc.

Mister Will 08-31-2017 02:00 PM

We all want Chevrolet to produce another Z/28. With a suspension tuned for the track, and a power plant that will run away from anyone who's chasing it.

But I feel like the boy in the Emperor's new Clothes. Everybody is talking about them, and how wonderful they are. But they just aren't there.

But with the 1LE nipping at the GT350R's heels, while being priced 15K cheaper. A simple power upgrade is all she needs for the Camaro to be the top track pony car. IS a Z/28 rally necessary

:frown:

14Black1LESS 08-31-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Will (Post 9889010)
We all want Chevrolet to produce another Z/28. With a suspension tuned for the track, and a power plant that will run away from anyone who's chasing it.

But I feel like the boy in the Emperor's new Clothes. Everybody is talking about them, and how wonderful they are. But they just aren't there.

But with the 1LE nipping at the GT350R's heels, while being priced 15K cheaper. A simple power upgrade is all she needs for the Camaro to be the top track pony car. IS a Z/28 rally necessary

:frown:

The ZL1 and ZL1 1LE have the GT350R beat. Top of the line Camaro vs top of the line Mustang. While the MSRP of the GT350R is a little cheaper, I haven't seen one yet that didn't have a $15k-$20k markup on them.

Mister Will 08-31-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS (Post 9889026)
The ZL1 and ZL1 1LE have the GT350R beat. Top of the line Camaro vs top of the line Mustang. While the MSRP of the GT350R is a little cheaper, I haven't seen one yet that didn't have a $15k-$20k markup on them.

Completely agree. But Ford fanboys would say "Wait for the GT500.." If such a beast is in the planning. Specifically I was referring to the class of N/A pony cars.

I also agree on the mark ups, ridiculous. For what they are asking for a GT350R, I could buy a Corvette Z06 which blows the doors off of it. I told a dealer than until the GT350s came down to MSRP, I didn't want to waste his time.

But here is a thought to ponder. Many of the options offered on the Camaro (1LE, ZL1, etc) are for enthusiast. What do enthusiasts want, and what Camaro generation has not had a Z/28 version?

14Black1LESS 08-31-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Will (Post 9889085)
Completely agree. But Ford fanboys would say "Wait for the GT500.." If such a beast is in the planning. Specifically I was referring to the class of N/A pony cars.

I also agree on the mark ups, ridiculous. For what they are asking for a GT350R, I could buy a Corvette Z06 which blows the doors off of it. I told a dealer than until the GT350s came down to MSRP, I didn't want to waste his time.

But here is a thought to ponder. Many of the options offered on the Camaro (1LE, ZL1, etc) are for enthusiast. What do enthusiasts want, and what Camaro generation has not had a Z/28 version?

Very true. Ford will have to do some major work to compete a GT500, if they build one, with a ZL1 1LE. I'd like to see the Z/28 weigh around 3400-3500lb, have about 550hp naturally aspirated, and have the ZL1 1LE suspension and aero. That would make a badass car.

DGthe3 09-05-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain777 (Post 9887754)

Its tradition. And hope.

Camaro5 was started long before GM announced the 5th gen (but shortly after the concept). All of this started because of speculation about what we wanted to happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bybcous (Post 9888246)
The mods on this forum, know more than they tell us, in my short two years on here I noticed as soon as some new info is released, they put it out first, whether it's new models, trims, articles, etc.

I can assure you that GM does not consult with us a year plus in advance about their future product plans. If they did, we wouldn't be able to join in the speculative fun because of the non-disclosure agreement we'd be required to sign.

About the only 'special' access to info that I can remember getting was for spyshots. I don't know how Tran gets them, but they'd often pop up here before anywhere else.

A lot of stuff is just because we're super eager to post things. Other places might wait until say 6:00 am eastern to put up an article, we'll do as soon as we possibly can.

camaro5 09-05-2017 11:41 PM

:whatz28: vvvvvvvvvvvvv :laugh: