Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   thank you for your prayers. Sincerely! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500455)

fbodfather 07-04-2017 11:36 AM

thank you for your prayers. Sincerely!

Thank you all for your kindness and thoughts and prayers and cards and such. I am humbled and grateful like there's no tomorrow. I have no recollection of my time at Allegheny General Hospital other than waking up on my bedroom floor hALF in and half out of a suitcase. (Don't ask...........)

I remember thinking "well, you're screwed now......" and falling back asleep.

I remember my sis in law kathy coming to the front door and opening and yelling up the stairs -- and coming up to find me laying in a pool of (vomit) and freaking out. The look on her face when she went back outside to call the paramedics said it all.

I remember the ride (or portions of it) from the back of the ambulance to AGH -- but I lost consciousness as they removed me from the ambulance. I remember nothing of the stay -- which lasted about two weeks. No rememberance of the operation or my favorite nurse Diane or the Kentucky derby (which I claimed was 'interesting' )

My first recollection was waking up in another hospital -- that one being Western Pennsylvania Hospital -- which has a rehab clinic. (rather large one at that --) Then on to "Condordia Rebecca Residence" and then to "Maplewood" in Cuyahoga FAlls, Ohio. (thank you morgan Iorio for helping to save my life.......)

I've been thru so much in such a short time -- but I'm a miracle according to the docs. I've recovered so much and I'm grateful for all the thoughts and well wishes and prayers. Now to continue my rehab at home -- see you later this summer at a show.........as I filled in my schedule with all kinds of Camaro/Firebird shows but alas, missed going to a bunch of them due to my stroke.

Godspeed all!!!!!

km9v 07-04-2017 11:43 AM

Glad you're doing better, welcome back :thumbsup:

CamaroFred 07-04-2017 11:45 AM

Great to read!

And yes, some things can be pretty intense and your brain just pushes all those memories aside.
When I fell and broke my hip (or my hip broke and I fell) I have only the same partial memories. 'bambulance attendants (paramedics) telling me to lie still, passing out again, "where are we now?", "when do we get to the next whisky bar?", etc.

Gbland60 07-04-2017 11:58 AM

Good Lord ... You just never really know do you ? So sorry. But you made it this far Dont Stop!!!!! Live that life you have to to the fullest friend. All the best on your recovery

Pace 07-04-2017 11:59 AM

God is good. Welcome back!

CamaroFred 07-04-2017 12:02 PM

And take all the physical therapy you can get. It's as much psychological as physical.

102SS 07-04-2017 12:27 PM

I am glad our prayers for you were answered.

We all love you Scott and wish you only the best.

91 zeee 07-04-2017 12:27 PM

wow....sounds like (from reading the post anyway...) you are doing much much better and are well on your way on the road to recovery. Glad to hear it!!!!!

Ryanbabz71 07-04-2017 12:42 PM

Good to hear you are on your way to recovery!

Superman09 07-04-2017 12:45 PM

Glad to hear you are recovering well Scott. Your are definitely in our thoughts and prayers

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

sscamaro 07-04-2017 12:59 PM

Than God you are doing well. You are still in my prayers every night. I truly miss seeing you and your smiling face. You are missed so much at the Camaro shows. Looking forward to seeing you again.

TLSTWIN 07-04-2017 01:41 PM

so glad to hear and see from you on here Scott. Been praying a lot for you, your family, and those taking care of you. I will continue praying for a complete recovery.

Welcome back!:respekt:

G701LE 07-04-2017 02:22 PM

:respekt:

splashlog48 07-04-2017 04:10 PM

Thank God for good doctors !!!!!