CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Thinking of My 1st Real Modding (Oh, My! Me?) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534476)

18LTLoveIt 07-20-2018 07:18 PM

Thinking of My 1st Real Modding (Oh, My! Me?)

Hi fellas.

Since getting my LT/RS 9 days ago with the black 20 inch, summer run flats, I have been pondering my first ever real mod... Brembos. The 20 inch black wheels look great & better each day, but the calipers and roters look tiny behind the room behind the 5 spokes. I plan on upgrading down the road a piece, to use up some of the brakes before switching.

2 questions from a green modder:

What does the 4 wheel Bremo conversion entail?

Is it a costly endeaver?

Thanks in advance!

Need4Camaro 07-20-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt (Post 10257154)

Hi fellas.

Since getting my LT/RS 9 days ago with the black 20 inch, summer run flats, I have been pondering my first ever real mod... Brembos. The 20 inch black wheels look great & better each day, but the calipers and roters look tiny behind the room behind the 5 spokes. I plan on upgrading down the road a piece, to use up some of the brakes before switching.

2 questions from a green modder:

What does the 4 wheel Bremo conversion entail?

Is it a costly endeaver?

Thanks in advance!

First post Ive ever seen with a change of font.

Truthfully I don't really know but I can't imagine it could be anything more than swapping the callipres and rotors. I can't forsee GM running an entire assembly of different brake lines throughout the car for 1LE models. I'm assuming they probably even bolt up the same.

Costly? I saw once where the calipres were on sale, by alot...when they're not on sale though - they aren't cheap.

I personally wouldn't do it mainly for warranty related reasons.

gringo 07-20-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10257230)

Truthfully I don't really know but I can't imagine it could be anything more than swapping the callipres and rotors. I can't forsee GM running an entire assembly of different brake lines throughout the car for 1LE models. I'm assuming they probably even bolt up the same.

Costly? I saw once where the calipres were on sale, by alot...when they're not on sale though - they aren't cheap.

Don't forget the brake master cylinder $$$.

protovack 07-21-2018 02:50 AM

do you intend on tracking the car?
If not, this mod is unlikely to be very useful to you

18LTLoveIt 07-21-2018 09:20 AM

No tracking planned, purely for cosmetic look, mainly to fill the great void behind 20 inch 5 spokes.

JohnCobalt 07-21-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protovack (Post 10257381)
do you intend on tracking the car?
If not, this mod is unlikely to be very useful to you

It’s likely to be useful if he/she wants to stop. I did the front brake upgrade and it’s a night and day difference. Those little crappy parts-bin brakes suck.

To the OP: You can buy used SS front brakes (4 piston) for 300 - 400 $
Also there are discussions around here as to why the rears from the SS don’t fit.

If you buy new, expect to pay around 800 million dollars.

18LTLoveIt 07-21-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCobalt (Post 10257557)
It’s likely to be useful if he/she wants to stop. I did the front brake upgrade and it’s a night and day difference. Those little crappy parts-bin brakes suck.

Also there are discussions around here as to why the rears from the SS don’t fit.

Bah ha ha. No Used parts for my ride. You made me think of Austin Power's 100 Billion Dollars

protovack 07-22-2018 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCobalt (Post 10257557)

Pardon my ignorance. I stand corrected. I just assumed you wouldn't be able to tell a difference on the street.
Are they really parts bin brakes? Like, pulled off another non-performance vehicle?

satanschariot666 07-22-2018 03:50 AM

you are going mudding in the Camaro?

wildchevy 07-22-2018 09:25 AM

Why not the parts on your car now are considered used parts. Your going to pay 3 times more what good take off parts will run you and your going to paint the calipers anyways right?

18LTLoveIt 07-23-2018 05:55 PM

We'll see. Yes my parts are now used, but 182 miles on car. If I could get some real info on what guys have paid on conversions, new or used parts. 80% on Camaro5 & 6 are modding their cars, I figure someone would have some info.

18LTLoveIt 07-26-2018 09:38 PM

Well after some research I'll be staying with the reg calipers. No way would I spend 2 to 3 thousand bucks for Brembos.

So far just got an RS badge for steering wheel and that was freaking expensive! 32.00 for something soo tiny.

MackSteelPrivateEye 07-27-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10257230)

How ya like this font??:D

gringo 07-27-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye (Post 10264099)
How ya like this font??:D

I LIKE IT!