CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   supplier pricing ? - are dealers reimbursed by GM? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598378)

evilstevie 10-14-2021 01:51 PM

supplier pricing ? - are dealers reimbursed by GM?

So I ordered my Camaro from my local dealer, and they informed me that they were currently not participating in supplier pricing - which I am eligible for.
Now that I find out it's about an $1800 savings I'd like some more detail into the program. Are dealerships reimbursed by GM for this program? If so, is it a full or partial reimbursement? I'd like to offer to pay the difference if it's a partial, or ask for the whole thing if it's a full reimbursement. Thanks for any insight.

raptor5244 10-14-2021 02:08 PM

Same situation in my neck of the woods. I believe the dealer is reimbursed but not by the full amount of the supplier discount. They may get $500-$1000 of that $1800 discount.
With supply and demand being what it is right now many dealers are just refusing the supplier discount assuming the next customer will just pay MSRP and make the deal more profitable for them.

JKSully 10-14-2021 02:23 PM

Same situation for me, except that I didn't find out I was eligible for the supplier discount until after I had placed the order. As much as I'd love to pay less, in the current car buying market I can live with not getting the discount - especially given that I was OK with MSRP as the upper limit of what I would pay when I started the process.

I don't know the details, but what I've heard aligns with what raptor said - they get some of it back, but allowing the discount does cut into what they make on the sale.

raptor5244 10-14-2021 06:49 PM

Yeah, I haven't seen any dealers honor supplier discount lately. With very little supply they don't need to. Once we get past all this in a year or so and the vehicles start flooding the market again the discounts will come back.

LikaRokBowTie 10-14-2021 11:20 PM

Ive built a long lasting relationship with a dealer near me and it has paid off to a certain degree. I got supplier pricing plus additional discounts on my 22 1SS1LE that I ordered. I'm not sure why these dealers are not letting you get the supplier pricing, but I'd do some more digging and make some calls or try other sources to get the best deal possible, a deal can still be had if you want it.

tommcd24 10-15-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie (Post 11084394)
Ive built a long lasting relationship with a dealer near me and it has paid off to a certain degree. I got supplier pricing plus additional discounts on my 22 1SS1LE that I ordered. I'm not sure why these dealers are not letting you get the supplier pricing, but I'd do some more digging and make some calls or try other sources to get the best deal possible, a deal can still be had if you want it.

That relationship is the key. If they know they’ll get your service business, they’re more likely to work with you on pricing.

3.8TransAM 10-15-2021 01:05 PM

I'd post every dealer you run into that doesn't honor available discounts. They no longer deserve your business or anyone elses. Entire market sucks right now, but the charging over MRSP or not honoring available discounts is an ass move.

mlee 10-15-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor5244 (Post 11084300)
Yeah, I haven't seen any dealers honor supplier discount lately. With very little supply they don't need to. Once we get past all this in a year or so and the vehicles start flooding the market again the discounts will come back.

My dealer honors it but only for a new order and not stuff on the lot.

Like there is anything left on the lot that I would want. :bonk:

raptor5244 10-15-2021 06:18 PM

It is pretty bad down here in South Florida. The best you can typically get is MSRP + any rebates you qualify for. I had a 22 1SS 1LE on order but the allocation was sketchy and it was looking like 6 months or longer. I asked about switching to a ZL1 order and they said there are three ahead of me and the first in line has been waiting for 3 months already.

I found a new 2021 ZL1 in black with the 10-speed that was to my liking so I snagged it for MSRP - $500 educator rebate. The trade-in values are strong so it kind of offsets having to pay MSRP. They had a 2017 ZL1 in Red, A10, 2500 miles listed for $59,900 and I see it is sold already. Crazy times. I got a 4 year newer car and full warranty for less than $10k more. The best move right now is to buy new with a trade or just trade your car and sit on the sidelines until this all passes. The problem is I don't think they will be making these cars for much longer.

GearheadSS 10-16-2021 03:56 PM

It's a partial reimbursement. Basically equates to the dealer getting around invoice for the unit.

10mm 10-18-2021 07:00 AM

Joe will honor it but you'll have to ship or drive out and get it...
Thus offsetting the savings...

BrandanK 10-18-2021 07:10 AM

Many dealers are still honoring the GM Employee Pricing and Supplier Pricing, you will just need to call around.

I bought my '21 1LE and my wife's '22 Acadia AT4 with Employee Pricing. Both were bought off the lot (not ordered).

flobb 10-18-2021 07:52 AM

I picked up a '22 2SS on supplier pricing in Missouri two weeks ago from inventory. Actually it was still showing as "In-Transit" on the Chevy inventory search page. I happened to contact them and they said it was unloaded from the truck the night before.
They didn't even flinch at accepting supplier. I told them I had an account and could generate an authorization immediately.

mlee 10-18-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10mm (Post 11085638)
Joe will honor it but you'll have to ship or drive out and get it...
Thus offsetting the savings...

No, you don't have to ship. He does a courtesy delivery to a dealer near you so it doesn't cost anything extra.