CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   2017 2.0t Mods (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598234)

casper17 10-11-2021 12:41 PM

2017 2.0t Mods

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to the car community in general. I just bought my manual 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0t last month, and I'm looking for the best mods to buy for it. I'm wanting a new exhaust but I think I'm going to struggle to find a way to get a deep, aggressive sound. The only videos I have found of an aftermarket exhaust all sound kind of like a ricer or whiny and that's what I'm trying to avoid. So if anyone knows of an exhaust system or a way to get a deep aggressive sound on the 2.0, please let me know! I'm also looking into doing a cold air intake - does anyone know the best one for the 2.0? I also can't figure out how to add a profile picture to my account, but that's a thread for another day hahah. :thumbup:

Davescamaro 10-11-2021 05:54 PM

Borla, MRT, and mishimoto sound about as aggressive as you can get. Hence, a 4 cylinder.
Far as intake injen, k&N, AND ZZP are probably the best ones we can get

casper17 10-11-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davescamaro (Post 11082790)
Borla, MRT, and mishimoto sound about as aggressive as you can get. Hence, a 4 cylinder.
Far as intake injen, k&N, AND ZZP are probably the best ones we can get

Yeah, I guess there’s not many options with it being a 4 cyl I was just wondering if there was something floating around I just didn’t know about but thanks for the info on both the exhaust and intake! Looking into other mods as well

Start The Machine 10-12-2021 11:52 AM

Mishimoto "Pro Cat-Back" sounds the best paired with any catted downpipe.

Also, you can put any kind of resonator "mid-pipe" for additional sound depth like the one Borla makes.

casper17 10-12-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start The Machine (Post 11083055)
Mishimoto "Pro Cat-Back" sounds the best paired with any catted downpipe.

Also, you can put any kind of resonator "mid-pipe" for additional sound depth like the one Borla makes.

Thanks! I'm going to definitely look into that one. I appreciate it!

Davescamaro 10-12-2021 07:57 PM

I'm currently using the zzp catted downpipe with mrt v2 axle back. Gives it a very low tone, not super throaty, nor do you hear the turbo whine up or down from the exhaust, but the power is quite noticeable.
I plan on putting thr borla mid pipe soon and retune along with the throttle body upgrade. I should notice probably 10% deeper tone.
Question for startthe machine. Can I go with those mods along with bigger IC core without upgrading the clutch and bottom end. Heard 350whp is about the cap you want to hit and I'm hitting 306 as of now.

SS_AL 11-09-2021 09:55 PM

I put a Mishimoto catted downpipe on and kept the stock muffler, I'm pretty happy, I've got a nice tone and great burble on deceleration, but that's just my opinion..The burble is from a custom HP Tuner mod. FYI, I raced a 5.0 mustang on the highway, and it was like he was standing still !!

casper17 11-10-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_AL (Post 11095284)
I put a Mishimoto catted downpipe on and kept the stock muffler, I'm pretty happy, I've got a nice tone and great burble on deceleration, but that's just my opinion..The burble is from a custom HP Tuner mod. FYI, I raced a 5.0 mustang on the highway, and it was like he was standing still !!

Thanks! I told myself if I couldn't find anything to make it sound deep I wasn't going to do any changes to the exhaust, but I've been looking more and more into the Mishimoto catted downpipe and been considering it. Just curious .. how would I go about getting a custom HP Tuner? I'm new to all of this haha.

SS_AL 11-14-2021 11:21 PM

I bought Hp Tuner software in June, and watched A LOT of Goat Rope Garage on YouTube, I Eventually did the downpipe, Mishimoto, because of the lifetime warranty, Injen Evolution intake, E-85 sensor, ZZP Catch Can, I step colder Spark Plugs, ZZP Large Intake and T.B spacer,(for Boost Line), after going through about 100 different programs, I finally found one my car loves, I'm actually pushing 501 WHP, Just trying to be careful about my internals until I can Replace them too, I HIGHLY recommend HP Tuning, it's very satisfying when you hit the "sweet spot" on you car

casper17 11-15-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_AL (Post 11097580)
I bought Hp Tuner software in June, and watched A LOT of Goat Rope Garage on YouTube, I Eventually did the downpipe, Mishimoto, because of the lifetime warranty, Injen Evolution intake, E-85 sensor, ZZP Catch Can, I step colder Spark Plugs, ZZP Large Intake and T.B spacer,(for Boost Line), after going through about 100 different programs, I finally found one my car loves, I'm actually pushing 501 WHP, Just trying to be careful about my internals until I can Replace them too, I HIGHLY recommend HP Tuning, it's very satisfying when you hit the "sweet spot" on you car

I'm not going to lie ... this sounds like gibberish to me haha. I would love to get a tune done, just don't know what to do (at all) or how to go about it. As for all of those products listed above .. I'm going to drop links and tell me if I'm on the right track or not haha.
Catted downpipe - https://www.mishimoto.com/chevrolet-...pipe-2016.html

Injen Evolution Intake - https://www.americanmuscle.com/injen...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

ZZP Catch Can - https://zzperformance.com/products/z...xoCPOwQAvD_BwE

Can you link the E-85 sensor? Also, what is the T.B spacer & the "I step colder Spark Plugs"? I'm sorry I just have no idea what I'm doing .... yet!!!

cooper1965 11-15-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_AL (Post 11097580)
, I'm actually pushing 501 WHP, Just trying to be careful about my internals until I can Replace them too, I HIGHLY recommend HP Tuning, it's very satisfying when you hit the "sweet spot" on you car

Your pushing 501 WHP?? Really? Got a dyno or time slip for that? Doubtful at best.

@casper17, contact me for LTG tuning needs if using HPT...

casper17 11-16-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper1965 (Post 11098043)
Your pushing 501 WHP?? Really? Got a dyno or time slip for that? Doubtful at best.

You might not want to say that ... I have a feeling I'm going to need a LOT of help :laughabove:

Davescamaro 11-16-2021 07:14 PM

I would imagine maybe 380 at the wheels max without a turbo upgrade. That td04 stock can't push too much boost (more than 30 at capped).
With my setup I'm only hitting maybe 330 crank horses if lucky.

SS_AL 11-25-2021 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper1965 (Post 11098043)

I should have said BHP not WHP