CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Gyeon Bathe+ review (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533835)

ninetres 07-14-2018 02:12 AM

Gyeon Bathe+ review

It’s trash. Prewashed woth Adams foam soap. Rinsed. Used ~25-30ml Bathe+ with ~4gallons water (slightly stronger than directed). Low suds to begin. Disappeared and wouldn’t come back in the bucket within a couple minutes. Zero suds on car at all during the contact wash, although the incredimitt felt fairly slippery across the paint as I washed.

Beyond unimpressed. You guys know me....I really enjoy detailing and trying new products. This one was a flop. Mckees si02 soap was MUCH better. And most other usual basic soaps (CG, Adams, etc) seem to suds and clean better.

My car is coated and beads like a mother so I can’t comment on the Bathe+ adding any hydrophobicity. But I doubt it would. I wasn’t interested in pouring it directly on the wash mitt as the bottles suggests as an option.

Gunkk 07-14-2018 04:04 AM

If you like Adams shampoo, try Carpro Reset. I picked up a bottle off a deal KirkH posted a few weeks ago and was really impressed with its foam cannon performance as well as the way it cleans without leaving any residue.

ninetres 07-14-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10249144)
If you like Adams shampoo, try Carpro Reset. I picked up a bottle off a deal KirkH posted a few weeks ago and was really impressed with its foam cannon performance as well as the way it cleans without leaving any residue.

I have it. Use it. And like it.

Mcmillion 07-14-2018 12:14 PM

Thanks for the review

hawk02 07-14-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninetres (Post 10249132)
It’s trash. Prewashed woth Adams foam soap. Rinsed. Used ~25-30ml Bathe+ with ~4gallons water (slightly stronger than directed). Low suds to begin. Disappeared and wouldn’t come back in the bucket within a couple minutes. Zero suds on car at all during the contact wash, although the incredimitt felt fairly slippery across the paint as I washed.

Beyond unimpressed. You guys know me....I really enjoy detailing and trying new products. This one was a flop. Mckees si02 soap was MUCH better. And most other usual basic soaps (CG, Adams, etc) seem to suds and clean better.

My car is coated and beads like a mother so I can’t comment on the Bathe+ adding any hydrophobicity. But I doubt it would. I wasn’t interested in pouring it directly on the wash mitt as the bottles suggests as an option.

Glad to see that someone else thinks Gyeon Bathe + is a dog.

It was recommended to me by the shop that installed paint protection film and ceramic coated my car. The product makes absolutely no suds and leaves streaks all over the finish.

I hadn't used the product in about a year and last week, in a weak moment, decided to give it another try. My assessment still stands -- the product stinks.

My go to car shampoo is Meguiars Gold Class. It's inexpensive, available at most parts stores, makes good suds, and leaves the car with a nice streak free gloss shine.

ninetres 07-15-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk02 (Post 10249733)
Glad to see that someone else thinks Gyeon Bathe + is a dog.

It was recommended to me by the shop that installed paint protection film and ceramic coated my car. The product makes absolutely no suds and leaves streaks all over the finish.

I hadn't used the product in about a year and last week, in a weak moment, decided to give it another try. My assessment still stands -- the product stinks.

My go to car shampoo is Meguiars Gold Class. It's inexpensive, available at most parts stores, makes good suds, and leaves the car with a nice streak free gloss shine.

You know....I had a lot of streaking too that required attention after drying. I wasn’t sure if it was the soap......or the drying aid I use. While drying I give each panel a light/quick mist of a ECH20/Reload/distilled quick detail concoction. Hasn’t caused streaking before now that I think of it. Must be the soap as you said. Pure garbage.

I usually have gold class on deck too. I use it for my wheel cleaning bucket.