CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   California discount dealer with changeable order on 2020 coupe? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563863)

1960apache 10-18-2019 11:10 AM

California discount dealer with changeable order on 2020 coupe?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have any advice on Southern California dealers who give good deals
on 2020's and would have an order in progress that can be changed to what I want? Also any input on a California dealer exchanging a car for one I found in Florida? California dealers seem to be dicks to deal with and hard to get a decent discount compared to what I have found out of state, maybe because I am not clear on the sales tax only being paid in California, I have read I may have to pay the sales tax in the State I buy the car in and somehow do the paperwork to get credit on the tax I paid in that State? Welcome to California I guess!

I am trying to get an LT1 rally green convertible with recaros, so far none to be found but the year is still early.

kropscamaro16 10-18-2019 11:11 AM

if its a special order car you probably not gonna get a good deal on it

i went to dellilo in hb and they couldnt even dealer transfer a regular car i wanted they told me to go to penske in cerritos and they had like 20 of them in stock lol took it home the next day

1960apache 10-18-2019 12:01 PM

I guess just try them all!

kropscamaro16 10-18-2019 12:34 PM

lol goodluck sir!

kropscamaro16 10-18-2019 12:35 PM

btw my buddy got his camaro ss in vegas and had to smog it when he brought it back and you still have to pay the sales tax in cali so doesnt really make sense to buy out of state unless you are going to register it there and keep it here lol

Chevyfan4life 10-18-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1960apache (Post 10643174)
Anyone have any advice on Southern California dealers who give good deals
on 2020's and would have an order in progress that can be changed to what I want? Also any input on a California dealer exchanging a car for one I found in Florida? California dealers seem to be dicks to deal with and hard to get a decent discount compared to what I have found out of state, maybe because I am not clear on the sales tax only being paid in California, I have read I may have to pay the sales tax in the State I buy the car in and somehow do the paperwork to get credit on the tax I paid in that State? Welcome to California I guess!

I am trying to get an LT1 rally green convertible with recaros, so far none to be found but the year is still early.

That will be one sweet looking ride....

GroundhogSS 10-19-2019 01:03 AM

Maybe just contact the Florida dealer and see if they will make a good deal. The drive home would be a good break in.

Craig 10-20-2019 01:44 PM

That is a great combo but you may be in for a long hunt to find it without ordering. Any build combo with optional Recaros are near unicorns in dealer inventory. I had to go nationwide to search for a 2SS with Recaros and found exactly one the entire 2019 MY with all my must have options and color and it got away from me. I’ve also found that the dealers who tend to order inventory with Recaros are also the same ones that load them up with thousands in LPOs that you don’t want.