CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southcentral (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=245)
-   -   NOLA Motorsports - October 28-29 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508476)

Lafourche1 09-20-2017 10:06 AM

NOLA Motorsports - October 28-29

This is another NASA sponsored event.

https://nolamotor.com/nasa-racing/

I have signed up and would hope a couple others might join me (Tom, I am looking at you).

They will be running the 2.7 mile track. There is a group from Texas coming in for the TT and Racing classes. It is worth it just to watch the Spec BMWs go at it in the Race class.

I will be trying to lower my personal best. Looking to get under 2 minutes.

detltu 09-20-2017 10:41 AM

Small chance I might be able to go. We will see.

Ambush 09-29-2017 11:13 AM

Sounds cool. I probably have to complete Track Day Lite first before I can attend that event.

detltu 10-03-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush (Post 9922864)
Sounds cool. I probably have to complete Track Day Lite first before I can attend that event.

You can do NASA without Track Day lite. I would recommend avoiding track day light from what I have heard. Nothing wrong with it, but it's just not helpful unless they have changed it.

If you are going to do it just make sure you do HPDE-1.

It looks like they are not selling single day for HPDE-1. I can't do both days so I am probably out for this NASA weekend.

locktyght 10-03-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafourche1 (Post 9912243)
This is another NASA sponsored event.

https://nolamotor.com/nasa-racing/

I have signed up and would hope a couple others might join me (Tom, I am looking at you).

They will be running the 2.7 mile track. There is a group from Texas coming in for the TT and Racing classes. It is worth it just to watch the Spec BMWs go at it in the Race class.

I will be trying to lower my personal best. Looking to get under 2 minutes.

I have this on the "planned" side of the schedule. Its the weekend after my Birthday, and weather will hopefully be more conducive to faster times.

Ambush 10-04-2017 03:34 PM

So if I sign up for HPDE1, what driving class does a V8 Camaro belong in? I'm considering signing up for the two day event.

locktyght 10-04-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush (Post 9928853)
So if I sign up for HPDE1, what driving class does a V8 Camaro belong in? I'm considering signing up for the two day event.

There are no classes for HPDE. You would only be classed if you run in a race group.

detltu 10-04-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush (Post 9928853)

Quote:

Originally Posted by locktyght (Post 9928881)
There are no classes for HPDE. You would only be classed if you run in a race group.

As he said. Your run group would be HPDE-1. More based on skill level than performance. You will be assigned an instructor and they will ride with you for the weekend and provide tips/pointers. Everyone in HPDE-1 has an instructor so they keep the group kind of small. You will be out there with everything from Vettes/ Porches to v6 mustangs. The groups are small enough though that it's not a problem. NOLA is also a good sized track so you can spread out but still don't have to wait too long for a passing zone.

Lafourche1 10-05-2017 10:56 AM

I will e-mail Scott and Dave and see if we can get a few more 1 day spots for HPDE-1.

Lafourche1 10-05-2017 11:23 AM

A quick post to cover a few of the basics on NASA NOLA events:

Helmet - Snell 2010 or later (open face is allowed)
Shoes - closed toe - stay away from bulky footwear
Clothes - natural fiber (cotton) - shorts and tee shirts are OK in NOLA

NO prior experience necessary.

NASA - You are given a LOG Book and all NASA events are noted and rated
You are grouped according to your experience. You will most likely be in HPDE-1 and have an instructor in your vehicle.

You must have your car tech inspected and signed off on by an ASE certified mechanic prior to going through tech inspection at the track. The sheet can be downloaded from NASA's site.

Friday afternoon 4:00 - 6:00PM (check the race packet): Early registration and early tech inspection. My advice, get this out of the way before Saturday's drivers' meeting.

Saturday - 7:30AM Drivers Meeting -- DO NOT miss this - here is where you get paired with your instructor. 8:00AM-Track Hot 8:30AM HPDE-1 instruction class - DO NOT miss this. There are at least 3 class room instructions on Saturday. These are important. -- If you miss any of this, you sit a run group track session.

Sunday is more of the same.

If we can get a large enough group, then I can get my neighbor to drive my truck over as a support vehicle. We can have some extra cover, drinks and a central area to hang out.

Ambush 10-05-2017 11:52 AM

I just purchased a Snell 2015 helmet online. I'll sign up for the two-day this weekend.

Lafourche1 10-05-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush (Post 9929855)
I just purchased a Snell 2015 helmet online. I'll sign up for the two-day this weekend.

Cool deal. There are some shops around NOLA that do the tech inspections for free. Make sure you get your fluids sorted out (brake, oil & rear differential).

Ambush 10-05-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafourche1 (Post 9929923)
Cool deal. There are some shops around NOLA that do the tech inspections for free. Make sure you get your fluids sorted out (brake, oil & rear differential).

Hello, Lafourche. Can you recommend any?

locktyght 10-06-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush (Post 9930364)
Hello, Lafourche. Can you recommend any?

If you have Facebook, check out "NMSP track rats" page. lots of great folks there that live local and can offer insight for shops to use. As well it is about as good as the NOLA site itself for info and upcoming events at the track