CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   Racing Stripes installed -Small bubbles everywhere (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592056)

Jnewcomer 05-04-2021 10:27 PM

Racing Stripes installed -Small bubbles everywhere

Guys,

I literally just got my matte black racing stripes professionally installed by a local company that mostly does work for dealerships (Recommended by my local Chevy dealership. This small company usually does graphics and vinyl signage of cars/vans/trucks.
Anyways I purchased 3m vinyl products that are installed wet. After about 1 hour the owner said my Camaro was done and proceeded to show me that the strips will still have a bunch of small "Water bubbles" under the vinyl and he said this is completely normal.
is it????
There are many throughout the entire hood and rear deck. He said to not wash the car for 2 days and if the sun came out to pull it out and let the sun beat down on the stripes and all the bubbles normally go away?
He stated that if I purchased a Dry stripe kit I would not have this issue but since its a wet install this is normal.
Please advise what you think....
Obviously he did say that if the bubbles did not dissolve he would fix the issue but to give it a few days.....

AZIROC 05-04-2021 11:42 PM

Its kinda like when you get window tint. After its done u see bubbles everywhere and ur like wtf. But give it a few days and they should go away. If not, then just take it back and tell them they installed it wrong.

Jnewcomer 05-05-2021 08:24 AM

thanks...I can be a bit neurotic with my car.....

GearheadSS 05-05-2021 08:52 AM

Yeah, give it some time for the water to evaporate under the vinyl. If they're still there after a week, you might want to touch base with the installer.

Infamus 05-05-2021 08:57 AM

tell them to get a better squeegee LOL most of time that is true but if there are excessive amounts of bubbles and they are not water but air those will not go away with time. Air needs to be popped...

Paintslinger16 05-05-2021 04:32 PM

Get it out in the sun when you can, tint looks like crap for a good week

Yaz8 05-05-2021 06:24 PM

I've been doing vinyl work for almost 20 years. A wet application should be getting all the water out. There shouldn't be any bubbles left. Poor install.

Jnewcomer 05-06-2021 12:12 PM

The installer did state to get the car out in the sun...Its been in the garage and I am seeing a reduction in the bubbles so that's a good sign.....I live in Cleveland Ohio so its sunny here like 6 days a year...I cranked up the garage heater so hope this will help.....

Smokin19 05-07-2021 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have seen others done with the wet method and decided dry was the way to go. Show us some pics please, would like to see your stripes, here's mine.

Jnewcomer 05-07-2021 09:37 AM

My Camaro

1 Attachment(s)
my car with the stripes

Smokin19 05-07-2021 02:24 PM

Very subtle, like the color, looks good. How are you doing with the bubbles, starting to disappear yet?

Jnewcomer 05-08-2021 03:57 PM

Still bubbles but much much less....Wish the weather would warm up/sun and I would let it sit out and bake. thought of just putting a hair dryer on low heat to see if that helps...may just be best to let it alone with my luck

Smokin19 05-08-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jnewcomer (Post 11006991)
Still bubbles but much much less....Wish the weather would warm up/sun and I would let it sit out and bake. thought of just putting a hair dryer on low heat to see if that helps...may just be best to let it alone with my luck

Understand the cold weather, Cincy.

Pupilbone 05-10-2021 09:52 PM

How do they look now?