CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   LT1 25% of sales (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591239)

GroundhogSS 04-17-2021 11:23 AM

LT1 25% of sales

Looks like gm had a good idea when they came out with the LT1 model.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...HZU0R23A7afpRA

donniedarko 04-17-2021 11:27 AM

Makes sense. I picked mine up yesterday. Better spec except for rear brake compared to my old 2016 1ss.

Im still bedding in brakes and vehicle. Cant wait to let it breath a bit.

The lack of car inventory at the dealer yesterday was out of a movie.

Unbelievable.

Cant believe the lease. Super super happy.

Crushin_LT1 04-17-2021 11:33 AM

I didn’t want all the shenanigans on the SS, the HUD, BLIS, and digital gauges would be cool, but the rest...

Plus I like the classic muscle car vibe of a stripper model with the big engine.

LT1ornothing 04-17-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donniedarko (Post 10994454)
Makes sense. I picked mine up yesterday. Better spec except for rear brake compared to my old 2016 1ss.

Im still bedding in brakes and vehicle. Cant wait to let it breath a bit.

The lack of car inventory at the dealer yesterday was out of a movie.

Unbelievable.

Cant believe the lease. Super super happy.

They are great cars man, your right foot seems to control how goofy your smile gets ;) have fun with it, love the user name by the way, great movie.

Need4Camaro 04-17-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 (Post 10994458)
I didn’t want all the shenanigans on the SS, the HUD, BLIS, and digital gauges would be cool, but the rest...

Plus I like the classic muscle car vibe of a stripper model with the big engine.

How much less do stripper cars weigh than fully loaded 2SS's anyway?

LT1ornothing 04-17-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10994462)
How much less do stripper cars weigh than fully loaded 2SS's anyway?

I've got the lightest LT1 available at 3610 lbs, im seeing loaded 2ss hard tops in the 3,750-3,800 range. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the 2ss.

Red Chief 04-17-2021 12:02 PM

I had a feeling when people started loading the LT1 up with options that Chevy finally got the styling/performance/price right for the 6th gen. Even without the SS parts it still handles better than the Mustang and Challenger. I like the headlights and grill styling of the LT11 over the SS.

If Chevy wants to sell 4-bangers they should make a twin turbo edition. I think it would easily outsell the LT1 if they kept it under 30k MSRP.

ProdigalLunatic 04-17-2021 12:04 PM

I like the sleeper vibe of the LT1. Looks like a V6, goes like an SS. At least on the street. I know it's not as track capable as an SS, but I don't have a track anywhere nearby anyway, and wouldn't use it if I did. Just wanted something fun to drive, not something to race.

If not for the LT1, I probably would have settled for a V6, or looked at a bare bones Mustang GT. But the LT1 was an easy choice over those options.

FarmerFran 04-17-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chief (Post 10994470)
I had a feeling when people started loading the LT1 up with options that Chevy finally got the styling/performance/price right for the 6th gen. Even without the SS parts it still handles better than the Mustang and Challenger. I like the headlights and grill styling of the LT11 over the SS.

If Chevy wants to sell 4-bangers they should make a twin turbo edition. I think it would easily outsell the LT1 if they kept it under 30k MSRP.

Twin turbo 4-banger?

LT1ornothing 04-17-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 10994472)
Twin turbo 4-banger?

Yea, I'm glad you said it first farmer fran...

gtfoxy 04-17-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEornothing (Post 10994473)
Yea, I'm glad you said it first farmer fran...

Only reason would be a sequential system where they wanted to run 30+ psi.

Not gunna happen.

LT4Greg 04-17-2021 05:07 PM

The LT1 is a great bang for the buck! A person can change wheels, add an exhaust system and CAI and have a very decent performance Camaro. Add suspension pieces and will handle like an SS or better.

FarmerFran 04-17-2021 05:07 PM

The LT1 has 6 piston Brembo? No it does not - it has 4 piston. I wish the goons that write this stuff had a half a ****ing clue. Or at least check themselves.

"While the budget-friendly muscle car doesn’t include features like MagnaRide suspension, leather seats, or sticky summer tires, it doesn’t entirely skimp on performance hardware. A limited-slip differential out back is still standard, as are six-piston Brembo brakes. A six-speed manual gearbox is also standard."

DERP

Devstrike 04-17-2021 06:42 PM

Article made a mistake the LT1 has four piston brembo brakes not 6 and no brembos in the rear. I believe the 6 piston brembos are the 1LE option on the SS too. That being said I do not regret my LT1 like someone says it handles better than a non track package Mustang GT (didnt test drive a track package mustang) and pretty much every 6.4 scat pack challengers. Good Move with the trim by GM although I still chuckle when I look at my insurance info and DMV stuff and it says its an SS with my vin not to hijack the thread but I wonder if this was fixed in later model years.