CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   racingbrake.com "High Temp" rebuilds (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563673)

driven2exceSS 10-14-2019 09:31 PM

racingbrake.com "High Temp" rebuilds

I have reached out to RB Performance Brakes for "High Temp" caliper rebuild kits for the (4) four piston SS Brembo F & R OEM brakes. They have expressed an interest in designing High Temp dust seals/boots and stainless cut pistons for our 27.5 x 42mm size front pistons, as well as the rears. Please express YOUR interest in these products as well, to have them move forward from design to production!! PM, DM, Email "Warren" at RB. I'm looking forward to trying this upgrade... :headbang:

driven2exceSS 10-17-2019 05:51 PM

info@racingbrake.com (Attn: Warren) or PM/DM "RacingBrake" on Camaro6... remember SS/SS-1LE have the same rear calipers so there should be some interest here with the fellow track rats :respekt:

Heartbreaker 10-17-2019 06:45 PM

RB Rebuild

I bought a rebuild kit for the ZL-1 front calipers. I did not see a kit for the rears.

driven2exceSS 10-17-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartbreaker (Post 10642738)
I bought a rebuild kit for the ZL-1 front calipers. I did not see a kit for the rears.

Not familiar with the full extent of their Gen6 product line. But would encourage you to reach out and make them aware of any interest(s)...

GunMetalGrey 10-17-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartbreaker (Post 10642738)

What has your experience been with the high-temp rebuild kit so far?
I was thinking of purchasing this as well for next track season.

samr350 10-18-2019 12:13 AM

Is this something we need? So far mine seem to be fine and I haven't really heard of people having issues although I may have missed it.

driven2exceSS 10-18-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samr350 (Post 10642916)
Is this something we need? So far mine seem to be fine and I haven't really heard of people having issues although I may have missed it.

Some members have been cooking dust seals/boots that get a lot of heat in their set ups. These components should next level the heat tolerances...

mt.nichols 10-18-2019 11:29 AM

I didn't have any issues with mine until I switched to GLoc R12s. More aggressive brake pad = more friction but also more heat.

Heartbreaker 10-18-2019 03:48 PM

RB Caliper Rebuild

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey (Post 10642890)
What has your experience been with the high-temp rebuild kit so far?
I was thinking of purchasing this as well for next track season.

I was reading through the forums that others were having heat issues with their front calipers. Most of the people that I identified were using aftermarket/track pads and the calipers were shows heat problems.
I don't have the rebuild complete yet but those that have say it is a nice kit with high temp silicon seals. Expensive but a good kit.

TrackClub 10-18-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartbreaker (Post 10643373)
I was reading through the forums that others were having heat issues with their front calipers. Most of the people that I identified were using aftermarket/track pads and the calipers were shows heat problems.
I don't have the rebuild complete yet but those that have say it is a nice kit with high temp silicon seals. Expensive but a good kit.

No issues with my stockers as i use oem pads (3 full seasons now, 50+ track days). But, lets keep in mind that if one uses high torque "race" pads then rebuilds will become a norm due to higher heat. I had used AP Essex racing grade calipers on my previous track car and they needed rebuilds regardless. And that's why Essex carries them. Heat it heat. Miracles dont happen.

GTSLOW 10-19-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrackClub (Post 10643584)
No issues with my stockers as i use oem pads (3 full seasons now, 50+ track days). But, lets keep in mind that if one uses high torque "race" pads then rebuilds will become a norm due to higher heat. I had used AP Essex racing grade calipers on my previous track car and they needed rebuilds regardless. And that's why Essex carries them. Heat it heat. Miracles dont happen.

You also have a 1LE which is a completely different caliper.

TrackClub 10-19-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTSLOW (Post 10643824)
You also have a 1LE which is a completely different caliper.

Agree: 2 extra pots, but also non vented (unlike ZL1 kit) and likely same std seals.

driven2exceSS 10-19-2019 04:40 PM

SS 1LE peeps please express interest in YOUR 4 pot rears, as some may be able to utilize the upgraded "High Temp" seals and/or stainless pistons which also are used in the standard SS. I believe RB already makes the "High Temp" front caliper kits for your SS 1LE's. Thanks!!

GunMetalGrey 10-26-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartbreaker (Post 10643373)

Let us know when you get and what you think of it, aside from the seals, I’d like to know how much better than stock it is.
I read that the metal was different and conducted less heat.